English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 20 January 2005, 06:01   #1
SilverHand

Looking for a "Gauntlet" style game

Hi all-
I'm new to the emulation scene, having long ago given up my Amiga b/c it couldn't do what I needed - but now I can't remember the name of one of the games I used to play.

1. Possible name of game
I kind of think maybe it started with a "B", but I've been through the archives at planetemu.net and it isn't there so maybe it's something else. I'm relatively certain it was a one-word name.

2. Game genre (General)
N/A

3. Game genre (Specific)
Gauntlet clone, but with a few minor variations.

4. Viewpoint
overhead (yes, it really was a Gauntlet clone)

5. General dates
I remember playing it during the 1987-88 school year, small chance it could have been 88-89.

6. Commercial status
Boxed game - and I think it may have been written in Germany

7. Other specific info
Every now and then, it crashed the machine & left lots of colorful confetti on the screen. Yes, I know it's annoying. VERY annoying. But until that happened, it was fun.

If anyone can think of the name, I would greatly appreciate it. I would appreciate it even more if someone also knew where I could find the appropriate ADF for it, so I could play it again and be annoyed when it crashed.

On a separate topic, why do some games at planetemu give the error message about not having access? Is it really the permissions or just that the file is temporarily lost?

TIA
SH

Old 20 January 2005, 06:37   #2
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
I think that's not the game, but maybe you can tell what is different from the following one
Crack Down
Old 20 January 2005, 06:44   #3
oldpx

Did it have a sci-fi theme? Fantasy? Anything else?

Is is Garrison or Argonaut? or one of these?

Old 20 January 2005, 14:07   #4
Titler
Zone Friend

It might also be Druid II
Old 20 January 2005, 20:06   #5
Tim Janssen

It could also be Pandora.

About the Planetemu.net errors: some files are missing indeed resulting in the error message you get. It has been an eternity since I last downloaded anything from Planetemu. When I download a file, it stores it in a temporary folder on my PC. These folders are always corrupt lately. I think my firewall is to blame.
Old 21 January 2005, 18:00   #6
dirkies
Zone Friend

he means deffo Garrison, it was pretty popular those days, was written by German company.
Old 21 January 2005, 18:16   #7
SilverHand

Of course, I was at a friends house (and couldn't remember my password) when I read this thread last night and said yes!! Garrison! That's it -- and would explain why I couldn't find it under "Barrack."

I suppose I should have checked a thesaurus.

I may have to check out some of the others mentioned, of course.

Thank you all for your responses - I really appreciate it.

Last edited by SilverHand; 21 January 2005 at 19:08. Reason: remove sig

Old 21 January 2005, 19:05   #8
SilverHand

New problem - (should I move this to another thread?)

I got it from planetemu last night, and a different copy today from a different place, and in both cases I'm getting a disk error. I think I remember that there was some sort of protection on the original disks, so is this likely to be a result of that?

Similarly, is there a way to adjust the configuration file (uae) to get around this sort of error?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by SilverHand; 21 January 2005 at 19:08. Reason: remove sig