English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 February 2021, 22:14   #1
White

Voodoo3 some options can make a difference

If I make the settings by hand in the tooltype these are recognized and appear in the available resolutions and can be selected.

I also understand that in forums it's not like talking in person but I will try to make myself understood as best I can.

Whereas if I make the settings with Picasso96Mode, these also appear as selectable in the preferences screen mode etc.

But now there is a problem here ...

And in truth I don't know if it is a problem if I launch Shogo with the MiniGL for example I find "TWO" miniGL drivers that I can select one is recognized directly as Voodoo3 and the other as generic "Board MiniGL".

But the doubt that comes to me is that they are both managed with the same initialization of the MiniGL driver with the wording Voodoo3 or the error is just this when some functions of the MiniGL are not fully supported because the driver that initializes is not configured correctly because it does not switch from Picasso96Mode ?? This can affect in some way such as monitor flickering or some incorrect textures etc. ??

In practice if I do the settings by hand in the Tooltype the resolution is called Board

If I do them via Picasso96Mode the resolution is called Voodoo3

I hope I was precise in the explanation. :-)
Old 07 February 2021, 14:15   #2
Zarnal

I misunderstand your question, because it's just a " cosmetic " détail. When you select " Board " in Shogo, it uses Amiga " Voodoo3 " driver. The result is really different compared to the software mode.

Do you have Shogo with latest update ( 1.9 ) ?
Old 11 February 2021, 18:44   #3
White

@Zarnal
no I don't have update 1.9
i am using it by default.