English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 21 September 2007, 13:21   #1
GreenMeanie

Boing Bag 2 password?

When trying to install boing bad 2 I keep getting errors about the files being passworded?
Old 21 September 2007, 13:28   #2
keropi

did you use the installer? also you must actually have the 3.9 cdrom in the cd-drive for this to work...
Old 21 September 2007, 13:28   #3
s2325
Zone Friend

Looks nice... I wonder how the new rom update will do with blizkick and exec44 by Piru...
Does someone know how the password protected archive can be unzipped ?

Yeah by making sure you have the OS3.9 CD

Aww, that's not fair, they've done a check for a valid OS3.9 cd?
Nice going H&P, now all these trolls will complain about that!
Well, i must say that this was a very welcome suprice, i frankly didn't expect to see another boingbag, downloading it as we speak
Old 21 September 2007, 16:54   #4
fc.studio
Cat lover

I solved this problem. Read here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31637
Old 21 September 2007, 18:15   #5
thomas

Both Boingbags are password protected. The password is built by reading some of the audio and video files from a location named AmigaOS3.9:.

Usually this is the original CD. But you can as well copy all files from the CD to a directory on your harddrive and assign AmigaOS3.9: to it.

Now, if you created another location which is named AmigaOS3.9:, too, for example by burning your own CD with that volume name or by copying only needed files to the HDD, then the updater will fail, because the files needed to produce the password are missing.
Old 21 September 2007, 18:31   #6
laser
Banned

it's a zip file with password protection
I have found the keys and I have unencrypted the file using a program named Advanced archive password recovery 2.10
Old 01 October 2007, 22:00   #7
woody.cool

Will you disclose this info to use, please?
Old 01 October 2007, 23:03   #8
keropi

yes, I am curious, what is the pass?
Old 02 October 2007, 01:42   #9
laser
Banned

inside bb1 or bb2 lha files you will found an archive named:amigaOS-update

That file is a normal .zip file protected by password...so if you wanna extract the files inside will ask for a password

you can use the program "Advanced archive password recovery" to found the password or the keys to decrypt that zip file.......to extract normally the files inside

that program contains diferent methods to decrypt zip files
Use the method "plain-text"
Old 21 October 2007, 15:18   #10
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Roll eyes (sarcastic) Boingbag 2, 2a &AmigaOSes

Hi !

It seems to me that Boingbag 2 could be more specifically designed for OS 3.5. If you follow the link to Boingbag 2a, it states it's for AmigaOS 3.5. I have installed a 3.9 AmigaOS system, hosted on my Athlon64 PC (yes I like speed !), and it came with a Boingbag already packed in the installer.

The CD is really up to date (with Amithlon and AmigaXL add-ons) and it is not recognized by the updater, so I doubt this "new" Boingbag would bring significant changes. Similarly, I had a doubt about Opus Directory 5.5 being "Magellan" or not, as it was not clearly indicated...

About installing Boingbag manually, I found this explanation (translated from french and picked from obligement.com web site) :
  • insert the AmigaOS 3.9 CD.
  • Copy the "updater" in your path.
  • Then proceed to "updater AmigaOS-Update RAM:" & "updater XAD-Update RAM:" to unpack the files in RAM:
  • Do the upgrade by hand.
By the way, I tried the "plain-file" method to deciphering the archive, but it asks for an archive containing a similar file, packed with the same tool as the first archive. I need to know the zip program used to pack amigaOS-update, to pack a sample of the archive. Could anyone give me a hint, please (pkzip,... ) ?

Last edited by NewDeli; 21 October 2007 at 15:30. Reason: Similarly...
Old 21 October 2007, 15:52   #11
thomas

There are two Boingbags for each, 3.5 and 3.9. Don't mix them up. Use BB3.9-2 for OS 3.9 and Boingbag35-2 for OS 3.5.

All Boingbags can be downloaded from http://www.haage-partner.de/download/AmigaOS/
Old 22 October 2007, 08:47   #12
fc.studio
Cat lover

As reported above, I solved password request problem. Again, read my #2 post in the following thread:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=31637

Last edited by fc.studio; 22 October 2007 at 19:31.
Old 22 October 2007, 17:33   #13
NewDeli
Banned

Arrow Sorry but...

Hi,

I am sorry guys but my question is slighly different : Does Boing Bag II reallly add something to the AmigaOS 3.9 experience ? My workbench seems to run smoothly without the update. Again, the CD I have (with Amithlon & AmigaXL) has a Boing Bag packaged inside, and it must be different from other 3.9 CDs, because it doesn't let me install Boing Bag II, even from the hard drive.

Again, I had a similar problem with Directory Opus 5.5. A lot of fuss was about it being codednamed "Magellan", and it seems to me that in the Amiga world, version numbers are a bit messy. Personally, I find it confusing that 2 supposedly important updates share the same name for 2 different OSes.

Also, if some people updated by hand on their real Amiga (unpacking the amigaOS-update), it means that they had good reasons to do so. For the sake of it, here are the version numbers of my setup : Kickstart 40.68, Workbench 45.2.
Old 22 October 2007, 17:42   #14
keropi

AFAIK the boingbags are essential for an expanded amiga, with gfx cards etc...
now, WHAT IS THE DAMN password? LOL
Old 22 October 2007, 19:24   #15
fc.studio
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
Hi,

I am sorry guys but my question is slighly different : Does Boing Bag II reallly add something to the AmigaOS 3.9 experience ? My workbench seems to run smoothly without the update. Again, the CD I have (with Amithlon & AmigaXL) has a Boing Bag packaged inside, and it must be different from other 3.9 CDs, because it doesn't let me install Boing Bag II, even from the hard drive.

Again, I had a similar problem with Directory Opus 5.5. A lot of fuss was about it being codednamed "Magellan", and it seems to me that in the Amiga world, version numbers are a bit messy. Personally, I find it confusing that 2 supposedly important updates share the same name for 2 different OSes.

Also, if some people updated by hand on their real Amiga (unpacking the amigaOS-update), it means that they had good reasons to do so. For the sake of it, here are the version numbers of my setup : Kickstart 40.68, Workbench 45.2.
The BoingBag2 ReadMe file shows all the updates.
Briefly I report for you the list:

(Multimedia)
- Amplifier has a new ReAction Gui
- sound.datatype improved (AHI driver support)
- PlayCD improved using cddb.library
- Picture datatype has its own preferences editor (PicDT)
- Multiview supports new tooltypes to set window pos. and scrolling via mouse wheel

(Shell)
- Enhanced Shell and new updated Shell Command ...
- ViNCEd support improved

(WorkBench)
- ASyncWB improved, when renaming lots of icons only one icon will be renamed at a time
- Execute command has simple command history and it is possible to cycle through via cursor up and down keys. (much appreciated)
- Find has a new graphical user interface (appreciated)
- RAWBInfo enhanced: renaming is possible in the info window, now it supports WBRun...
- Version 10 of XAD is included
- UnArc now supports ADF disk images (it would be much appreciated but this doesn't work to me)
- BenchTrash has a ReAction GUI
- Calculator has a Reaction GUI

(ReAction GUI)
- optimized, improved and enhanced set of ReAction classes

(ROM Update)
- new version of AmigaOS ROM Update, it contains a bug fixed and updated Exec multitasking Kernel, boot menu supports monitor that no longer support 15Khz modes, improved drivers for IDE internal controller

(Hard disk Support)
- Support for hard disk larger than 4GB completed (now diskcopy supports big harddisk)
- HDToolBox hides unsuitable devices ...

With this update my A1200 shows Kickstart 40.68 and Workbench 45.3.
Sincerly, I appreciate all minor improvements, I much appreciate the Workbench part.
As just reported above, I had no more password requests when I unpacked the BB2 on my 2nd partition (the 1st had to be updated and obviously it contained OS3.9+BB1) and from there I clicked on the installation icon leaving the OS3.9 CD in the drive.

Last edited by fc.studio; 23 October 2007 at 11:25.
Old 23 October 2007, 10:33   #16
NewDeli
Banned

Hi fc.studio,

It's good for you that you managed to install boing Bag II, please consider some of the legitimate AmigaOS users couldn't do it, even from the hard drive, because as you stated it, the installer is flawed (it doesn't seem to recognize each & every 3.9 CDs).

Thanks for posting this summary about what's new in Boing Bag II. I'll stick with version 45.2 of the Workbench as it's already pretty satisfactory, until someone participate more thoroughfully in solving this issue. (laser could tell us a bit more about the method he used).
Old 23 October 2007, 10:58   #17
zerostress

Password for zip-archive in boingbag #1 is 93ABDF11, unzip it from a CLI:
1. Ram Disk:>xadunfile AmigaOS-Update "" PASSWORD=93ABDF11

Updater from boingbag #2 is not that broken, AFAIR, so you should be able to install it using any OS3.9 cd outthere, even the one which came with Amithlon.

Old 23 October 2007, 12:05   #18
zipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostress View Post
Good, I started to crack it but just 6 figures cleared; 7 should take 3 days and 8 probably months with my lappie...
is that the same on bb2? Just big letters and numbers does help the job.

Last edited by zipper; 23 October 2007 at 12:35.
Old 23 October 2007, 12:08   #19
keropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostress View Post
1. Ram Disk:>xadunfile AmigaOS-Update "" PASSWORD=93ABDF11

Updater from boingbag #2 is not that broken, AFAIR, so you should be able to install it using any OS3.9 cd outthere, even the one which came with Amithlon.
wow, it works for BB1!
now for the BB2 password....
Old 23 October 2007, 12:54   #20
zipper

Quick glance: at least it's not the same