English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 22 October 2017, 16:47   #1
Dunny

Extract game image filenames + path from FS-UAE Database?

Hi -

I've currently got a full batch of WHDLoad games, a complete TOSEC set of ADFs/IPFs and various other files culled from around the 'net - about 80GB in all.

FS-UAE is reporting a complete set (near enough), but I'm fairly certain it's not actually using all those files - a subset of them is more likely. I'd like to trim the filesystem down a bit to only include those files necessary for FS-UAE.

Is it possible to get a list of filenames that FS-UAE knows about? I've looked at the files.sqlite database, and although it does list most of them, some of the games have no path - they're also listed as the GameBase variant. Where do the files for those live? If they're downloaded on demand, is there a way to pull them all down? I'd like to get the complete game database onto a portable USB drive, and machines I run it on may not have 'net access.
Old 25 October 2017, 22:37   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Files.sqlite is the wrong database. This simply contains an index of files scanned by FS-UAE Launcher on your system.

Instead, you need to parse compressed JSON-blobs from platform-specific game databases (Amiga.sqlite, etc) and look at the "file_list" field in the JSON document (and do this for every game).

Btw: you'll end up with a list of file checksums (SHA-1) that FS-UAE Launcher is interested in, not a list of file names. FS-UAE Launcher could not care less about file names...
Old 25 October 2017, 23:32   #3
Dunny

Interesting, thanks. Getting the SHA-1 fields was surprisingly easy. So I just need to match those up to the stored SHA-1 fields in the files database?

Ok, time to fire up MySQL and get digging! Thanks
Old 26 October 2017, 19:06   #4
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
So I just need to match those up to the stored SHA-1 fields in the files database?
For floppy based games: yes. For WHDLoad/zip/lha archives it is different. If you look closely to Files.sqlite, you'll find files from inside the archives (prefixed by #/). These files have a "parent"-value. If you query this value as an "id", you get the actual archive name.
Perhaps it's easier to change the launcher's code to write out the file names if a complete variants was found, than making somthing from scratch. :-)