English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 17 October 2008, 22:57   #1
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

New Syndicate game in the works?

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid...e-108146.phtml

Has the potential to be very cool although will probably be an FPS.
Old 18 October 2008, 00:16   #2
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid...e-108146.phtml

Has the potential to be very cool although will probably be an FPS.
Don't let EA do it - They are terrible these days!

They NEVER suppport my screen resolution and I NEVER get more than 30fps in their games - and their games are always ridiculusly buggy
Old 18 October 2008, 11:53   #3
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Rabbit80

EA are mainly publishers now arn't they? admittedly one could argue the stuff they develop in house actually comes from a lot of development teams that they have swollowed up.

To be honest, i find EA games far to EAsy... kinda like popcorn, yeah tastes nice, but wont fill you up no matter how much you eat.
Old 18 October 2008, 14:19   #4
OddbOd

What a load of old bollocks, if you search around any of the gaming news sites you'll find that many them were speculating about Project Redlime back in February with Syndicate mentioned amongst several titles that it could possibly be i.e. M.U.L.E., Desert Strike, Medal of Honour, Road Rash.

The simple truth is CVG/Destructoid do not know what it is and have teased a non-story out of some old rumors.
Old 18 October 2008, 16:36   #5
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Even if they work on a Syndicate sequal: Who wants to play this DRM, SecuRom rootkit, online activation shit by EA nowadays?
Old 18 October 2008, 16:44   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Even if they work on a Syndicate sequal: Who wants to play this DRM, SecuRom rootkit, online activation shit by EA nowadays?
Not me Maybe if Bullfrog is involved it's worth a look, but just for the name...

Edit : The rumor is spreading...

http://www.gameguru.in/rumors/2008/1...yndicate-game/

Last edited by TCD; 18 October 2008 at 18:33.
Old 18 October 2008, 20:52   #7
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

Uhm... I like very much this game even if I don't like rts. I hope to see a new Syndicate soon!
Old 18 October 2008, 22:06   #8
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Thats why they invented consoles (and cracks)
Old 18 October 2008, 22:39   #9
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Thats why they invented consoles (and cracks)
I don't think so, but yeah... it works this way. But crap remains crap.
Old 19 October 2008, 01:52   #10
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

I really hate DRMs. I bought and original copy of Half Life 2 some times ago, but I installed and played a cracked one "steamless". And as I know new DRMs by EA are very invasive. I have to buy the new Syndicate original and again install and play a cracked version? Wow, I'm so happy...
Old 20 October 2008, 16:29   #11
P-J

Typical EAB type response this. Someone mentions there's a possible update to a well loved game, another person wildly speculates that complicated DRM will be involved and the discussion goes pear-shaped and that's that.

Can't you just discuss perhaps what you'd like to see in the game rather than being negative?
Old 20 October 2008, 18:03   #12
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

P-J is right!!! I hope in some new weapons like chamaleon-cloacking or granades (explovise, fragmentation, gas). And sniping stuff too! :P
Old 20 October 2008, 18:22   #13
jmmijo

I don't know about EA always producing crap, Burnout Paradise on my PS3 and a 52 inch HD looks and plays awesome.

I've now finished Mass Effect twice and finishing up a third time with the latest DLC.

I agree that during their 8-bit days they had struck gold multiple times with the likes of M.U.L.E. and Archon but like all technologies, things change, not always to the better for some peoples liking
Old 20 October 2008, 18:31   #14
Ian
Global Moderator

What's your PSN ID jmmijo, I've been playing burnout a lot lately too, damn trophies
Old 20 October 2008, 19:09   #15
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
I don't know about EA always producing crap, Burnout Paradise on my PS3 and a 52 inch HD looks and plays awesome.

I've now finished Mass Effect twice and finishing up a third time with the latest DLC.

I agree that during their 8-bit days they had struck gold multiple times with the likes of M.U.L.E. and Archon but like all technologies, things change, not always to the better for some peoples liking
Every EA game I have owned on my PC is crap - full of bugs and terrible framerates

For example - NFS Carbon & Prostreet both run at under 20fps (Don't blame my hardware - its easily powerful enough! )
Old 20 October 2008, 19:24   #16
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit80 View Post
Every EA game I have owned on my PC is crap - full of bugs
Like most other PC games. It doesn't make any sense to finger EA specifically. Unless of course you have just chosen EA to piss on because it is fashionable.

Quote:
(Don't blame my hardware - its easily powerful enough! )
Then I will blame your OS and drivers. I have only mainstream hardware and do not suffer such terrible framerates. So what's up with your rig I wonder? Simply continuing to blame EA for all your problems is not going to solve anything.
Old 20 October 2008, 19:40   #17
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Then I will blame your OS and drivers. I have only mainstream hardware and do not suffer such terrible framerates. So what's up with your rig I wonder? Simply continuing to blame EA for all your problems is not going to solve anything.
I use up to date drivers and both XP 32 bit and Vista 64 bit (and have tried clean installs)... It is ONLY EA games that I have any real issues with... My hardware is also pretty mainstream - NV8800GTX, Abit KN9 SLi Motherboard, Creative xTreme Gamer sound, 4GB PC2-6400 Ram, Athlon 6400+, etc... They even LIMITED ProStreet to 30fps on purpose in the 1.1 patch because it was so badly coded.

I also find a lot of EA games will not support my native panel resolution of 1360x768
Old 20 October 2008, 19:52   #18
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
What's your PSN ID jmmijo, I've been playing burnout a lot lately too, damn trophies
I have not created a PSN handle/account yet Ian, sorry but I've only played locally and downloaded the latest updates when I needed them.

@Rabbitt, I've run into issues you describe with just about every manufacturer not just EA.

Most of the time I find it to be a bug in the software, for instance I just tried installing the latest Quantum of Solace Demo from Activision.

For whatever reason I couldn't install it on my gaming rig, it came up with a stupid as InstallShield Error Message.

So I installed it on my server, running the same XP 64-bit OS but a difference CPU, Intel vs. AMD.

I then manually copied the install folder over to my gaming rig as it ran fairly slow and was choppy on my file server, only have a Radeon 1600 AGP vs. a 9800 GTX+ on my gaming rig.

It ran great on my gaming rig once I copied it over.

Do I blame the OS, I thought so but really it was the stupid InstallShield wizard causing this to occur and not Activision per se.

I've noticed a big difference in performance when it comes to high-end gaming on my file server vs. my dedicated gaming rig, but this was to be expected as I optimized my gaming rig for performance rather then being online 24 x 7.

Also I play every game I can in my displays native resolution, 1680 x 1050 or 16:10 Widescreen mode.
Old 20 October 2008, 19:58   #19
Rabbit80
Its hard being famous!

Installshield has bugs

What pisses me off about EA is that they seem not to fix the bugs... or they do something stupid - like the 30fps limit!
Old 21 October 2008, 14:58   #20
Ian
Global Moderator

Speaking of remakes, Prince of Persia (the original version) has been remade and will be released on PSN tomorrow.