English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 31 December 2010, 12:08   #21
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok. I received and soldered the ceramic resonator a couple of days ago, but as I had the Amiga dismounted I desoldered the RF and soldered a cable for a Clockport expander (which still haven't tried, it's still in other thread).

Right now I've mounted all again to try it for the first time. I've attached the Fast Ata with the cable, the CF Hd, the internal Cd rom in the secundary channel and both with the red ribbon cable where the fast ata has number 1.

I've turned on the Amiga....and nothing. Black screen on the Tv and no light at all on the Amiga. Then I've disconnected the Cd rom... nothing again. I was starting to think I've destroyed my beloved Amiga, and to make the last try I've disconnected the fast ata and connected only the Cf HD, turn it on..... nothing again, black screen.... While I was making the knot in the rope to hang myself I've pressed one of the kickstart roms and it was loose... so I've turned it on again and ... It works!!!

Now I've got to see why the fast ata doesn't work. I don't like it's smell, but perhaps are imaginations...

EDIT: I've inserted the fast ata again and now it works. It seem it's only a matter of pressure...
The thing is that I get only the insert floppy screen although I've disabled the Idefix comands on the startup-sequence. The thing is that I've got an emergency disk, but with the Idefix installed... will have to try on WinUAE, as I can't use the install disk with the Blizzard 1260.

Last edited by Retrofan; 31 December 2010 at 15:36.