English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 21 July 2013, 08:12   #1
triskalguilo

AmiCDROM on DataFlyer Plus?

I'm trying to get a SCSI CD-ROM drive working with an Amiga 2000. It has a DataFlyer Plus SCSI controller installed in it. I've installed AmiCDROM 1.15 on OS 2.1, and it gives an error message during startup about a wrong number of arguments or something. (I'll try to update my post later with the exact error message.) I've used the DataFlyer 3.1 floppy to prep and format the hard drive, after which I install OS 2.1 and then AmiCDROM.

I've connected a CD-ROM drive (not the same one) to a 3000 and installed OS 2.1 and AmiCDROM there, and it works fine. I'm guessing that AmiCDROM (or at least its installer) isn't compatible with the DataFlyer Plus driver.

Like I said, I haven't tried connecting the same CD-ROM drive to both computers, because it's my understanding that that shouldn't matter -- from the software's perspective, a SCSI CD-ROM drive is a SCSI CD-ROM drive. But I'll be trying that anyway at some point soon.

I haven't gotten into editing mountlists or startup-sequences, because I'm a pseudo-n00b

Help?
Old 21 July 2013, 10:07   #2
thomas

Quote:
it gives an error message during startup about a wrong number of arguments or something
Does name or the path of the program you chose for CDDA contain space characters? This does not work.
Old 21 July 2013, 14:37   #3
source
Zone Friend

dumb question, but you don't have an id conflict between the CDRom and HD? Also try AsimCDFS as your driver. It has a scsi indentify tool that will look for your CDRom on the selected device. 4.3 of the toaster software should work with your set up.
Old 21 July 2013, 18:00   #4
triskalguilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Does name or the path of the program you chose for CDDA contain space characters? This does not work.
As a matter of fact it does! The hard drive's name is "Hard drive". I'll try renaming it to something without spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
dumb question, but you don't have an id conflict between the CDRom and HD?
Nope, I know that the CD-ROM drive is on ID 3, and the hard drive is on ID 0. I've also made sure that everything is properly terminated.

Quote:
Also try AsimCDFS as your driver. It has a scsi indentify tool that will look for your CDRom on the selected device.
I'll try this if it turns out that AmiCDROM doesn't work. I seem to remember reading somewhere in the Video Toaster docs that they recommend AsimCDFS anyway, because apparently there's some CD-ROM driver (maybe the default one that Commodore provides?) that doesn't support 0KB files. That could just be my memory making that up, though

Quote:
4.3 of the toaster software should work with your set up.
I was hoping you'd say that, thanks

Last edited by prowler; 21 July 2013 at 20:59. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 21 July 2013, 20:31   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

ASIMCDFS 3.10b works fine with Dataflyer 4000SX which I think is the same as a Dataflyer Plus.
Old 22 July 2013, 03:17   #6
videofx

I use ASIMCDFS. That the way to go
Old 23 July 2013, 01:46   #7
emufan

on installer heaven, there are three different ( maybe more ) install disk for "DataFlyer".
Old 23 July 2013, 20:01   #8
triskalguilo

Changing the hard drive's name to remove spaces fixed it. Thanks, thomas!