English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 07 June 2017, 00:34   #1
Forsaken

Gamepad is not working.

Hello,

In newest version of WinUAE and previous versions, when testing the input in input settings they work fine. But in game they do not work at all.

Please can i have some solutions/possible solutions

Thank you

Last edited by Forsaken; 07 June 2017 at 00:47.

Old 07 June 2017, 00:48   #2
DamienD
Banned

Hello there Forsaken,

Welcome to EAB

...this is an easy one; virtually all games use "Port 2" as the first joystick so set this instead

"Port 1" is usually your mouse so set that there (or you can set as the second joystick but you won't get past any cracks / trainers that required a right-mouse click).
Old 07 June 2017, 01:16   #3
DamienD
Banned

Oh, another tip for you...

WinUAE is very smart / intelligent thanks to the author "Toni Wilen"

I have 2 x wireless Xbox 360 controllers. Most times, if I want to have a quick bash at a game I can't be bother connecting everything up so just play with "Keyboard Layout B" for "Port 2" set i.e:

Up = <Up Arrow>
Down = <Down Arrow>
Left = <Left Arrow>
Right = <Right Arrow>
Button 1 = <Right Ctrl>
Button 2 (if the game supports it) = <Right Shift>

Virtually all my 1750+ individual game configs have the following set:

Port 1 = Windows Mouse
Port 2 = Keyboard Layout B

When I can actually be bothered connecting my 2 x wireless Xbox 360 controllers; I don't need to change anything thanks to "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" being ticked...

Pressing the first button on the 1st Xbox 360 controller makes "Port 2" = "1st Xbox 360 controller" i.e. Player 1.

Pressing the second button on the 2nd Xbox 360 controller makes "Port 1" = "2nd Xbox 360 controller" i.e. Player 2.

Absolutely wonderful
Old 07 June 2017, 20:41   #4
Forsaken

This is a friendly forum, thank you.

Sadly I still have the same problem.

I also tried the second example of using keyboard Layout 2. Control and Alt Did not work during the game. Could it be a lack of software on my computer? The keys are set automatically which are bearable and would be OK to use but I am unable to remap them.. also unable to remap on the input configuration page.

Thank you in advance.

Old 07 June 2017, 20:50   #5
Forsaken

An update, I have tried Alien Breed Special Edition which did not work and also Street Fighter 2. Forgot some others that did not work. I have just tried Dizzy Collection and the gamepad works.

Old 07 June 2017, 21:40   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
This is a friendly forum, thank you.
...yeah it is a very friendly forum if you ignore the recent crap that goes in in hardware related threads between real Amiga users and arguments about what direction "Amiga" should take, blah, blah, blah

Quote:
An update, I have tried Alien Breed Special Edition which did not work and also Street Fighter 2. Forgot some others that did not work. I have just tried Dizzy Collection and the gamepad works.
Anyway, moving on... Wow, that is strange...

As long as your USB joystick is properly installed in Windows and WinUAE can see it (which it is from your screenshots), then you shouldn't have issues.

I'm trying to think what else to suggest. Use a Quickstart A500 or A1200 config with these games you're testing but then only change "Port 1 = Windows Mouse" & "Port 2 = USB Joystick".

If that still fails then it's time to attach logs for Toni to analyse i.e. "Paths" then tick "Enable full logging" before starting emulation, wait until you are playing the game and are pressing the joystick without response, then upload both .TXT files from your WinUAE directory to a new post
Old 07 June 2017, 22:01   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If Test mode shows button working and correct Amiga side event, it probably is game specific issue. (Needs keyboard to configure joystick mode? Bad crack? Just broken?)
Old 07 June 2017, 22:57   #8
Forsaken

I will test out what you both have said and get back to you, thank you both.

Old 07 June 2017, 23:11   #9
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I will test out what you both have said and get back to you, thank you both.
To help you out in order to make sure that the .ADFs you are using are not corrupt / dodgy...

...use files from "GameBase Amiga"; these have been extensively tried / tested and should be 100% working / finishable

You can get these from the EAB File Server under the directory: Commodore_Amiga/GameBase Amiga 2/Games/<letter>
Old 08 June 2017, 23:15   #10
Forsaken

Text Files uploaded to OneDrive

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ajoou5tbPgzdkUUmqiRQG7SqTvbF

So this is only certain games, I downloaded the game (Street Fighter 2 disc 1) and it was exactly the same crack version as I had. Same problems.

I tested out a trial version of Amiga Forever 2016 (Just to test an alternative) I still had the exact same problem with control on intro screen. So I am not sure if it is a bad crack? But it will be a common and popular game so I am sure it has been tested like you said.

Thank you.

Last edited by Forsaken; 08 June 2017 at 23:36.