English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 14 November 2010, 12:49   #61
richyrandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Hi richyrandall and welcome to EAB!

You need a Workbench environment where you can install (or rather copy) the editor on. Have a look at ClassicWB for example.
Thanks Cyber!!

I'll get it downloaded now and have a look... Is it straight forward or am I going to need to play about with it for a bit?? :-)

Thanks again,

Rich
Old 14 November 2010, 12:51   #62
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

There are instructions for each package on the site and it's not that hard either You just need a set of Workbench disks and you're ready to go.
Old 14 November 2010, 14:16   #63
richyrandall

Quote:
There are instructions for each package on the site and it's not that hard either You just need a set of Workbench disks and you're ready to go.
I've had a good look at it this morning and I cant even get the screens up that it shows you on that site.... haha..

I've got Workbench loaded through UAE, but from there I'm a bit stuck...

Do you know how you get the CMEditor actually running???

Sorry for sounding like a complete tosser..

Cheers,

Rich
Old 14 November 2010, 16:44   #64
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, I guess the easiest way might be to boot from the Workbench 3.1 disk and mount the zip file as a Harddrive. Click on 'Hard drives' and then on 'Add Directory or Archive...'. Afterwards include the zip like this :

When you start the emulation you should see a drive called CmEd310.zip on the workbench.
Old 14 November 2010, 16:53   #65
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

As an aside...I remember being able to edit the in game text for Crazy Cars 3, and I have no l33t h4xX0ring skills whatsoever. IIRC you could edit it simply using a text editor and resaving. My personal copy of CC3 had some pretty blue language in it
Old 15 November 2010, 02:59   #66
richyrandall

Quote:
Well, I guess the easiest way might be to boot from the Workbench 3.1 disk and mount the zip file as a Harddrive. Click on 'Hard drives' and then on 'Add Directory or Archive...'. Afterwards include the zip like this :

When you start the emulation you should see a drive called CmEd310.zip on the workbench.

Yep... Got that far today...> Clicked on CMEd, and it loaded the editor.... Which got me excited...

But then when I went to load the data, I clicked on the 3rd .adf file, and it said something about some binary error...

Grrrrrr!!!

Still not figured it out...
Old 15 November 2010, 07:13   #67
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm sure one of the resident CM cracks can help you with that
Old 16 November 2010, 19:27   #68
richyrandall

Thanks Cyber...

I've finally got the thing all running.. But every time I save all the edits, it corrupts the data and then comes up with a software error when you load the game in UAE...

Does anyone have any advice on how to save data to the .adf file without corrupting it???

thanks,

Rich
Old 01 January 2011, 15:16   #69
neljan

Quote:
Originally Posted by highrise View Post
Now, about the names. That was something I worked on, and I can tell you how they are stored, as I recal. All the surnames and firstnames are stored in one block of data, and each name is separated by (I think) a zero character. So as you say, you could replace names, but not add new ones. However, if you wanted to use current data, like for example the freely available data that you can get for the PSP version of Football Manager, it would theoretically be possible to do it. What you would have to do is have a list of all the names you wanted to use, compared to all the ones in Champ Man 94. You could then run a comparison and match the names up as best you could matching all the names with the same number of letters as much as possible, so you could then create a new set of surnames (the first names are probably ok).
Very interesting.

I'm currently trying to edit CM93 (PC version) with todays data and came across this thread (sorry I know this is an Amiga forum but from what I can remember the 2 versions were identical, also I used to play the Amiga version ). I've figured out how to edit most player data within the SVGAME file (skill, characters etc) but I really need to figure out where the teams are compiled within the main CM file, so that I can swap around the existing names to create new players (since replacing 'John' with 'Dave' changes all players named 'John' to 'Dave').

Any ideas?

Old 04 January 2011, 04:10   #70
richyrandall

Quote:
Originally Posted by neljan View Post
Very interesting.

I'm currently trying to edit CM93 (PC version) with todays data and came across this thread (sorry I know this is an Amiga forum but from what I can remember the 2 versions were identical, also I used to play the Amiga version ). I've figured out how to edit most player data within the SVGAME file (skill, characters etc) but I really need to figure out where the teams are compiled within the main CM file, so that I can swap around the existing names to create new players (since replacing 'John' with 'Dave' changes all players named 'John' to 'Dave').

Any ideas?
If you dont mind me asking, how did you update the skill and characters etc... What did you use??

Cheers,

Rich
Old 04 January 2011, 04:40   #71
spoUP

edit: nevermind.
Old 21 April 2011, 13:40   #72
kvinther

Source code

Does anybody have a [text] version of the source code ronnie136 posted last year (his Dropbox link is no longer functioning.)?

I have tried to open the .amos file using UAE and some old AMOS adf's, but I haven't managed to figure it out.

Anyways, I have been trying to do my own editor, when I stumbled across this thread. It's very cool to see that such an old game is still "spending" peoples time!

Using binary comparison between save games, I have figured out how to find players by name, and edit almost all of their stats, positions, wages etc.

However, I haven't been able to figure out, on which team a player is playing. I can see which players are "on the same team", but not what team it is?

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I was thinking ronnie136's source code might give it away ;D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie136 View Post
Sorry for the delay, bit hectic at the moment, moving jobs, moving house......

Anyway,

The source code for CMED is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/145398/cmed.zip

I haven't included any kind of license with it, all I ask is that if you download it and make changes to it, you share the updated source and compiled code with anyone who wants it for no charge.

Looking foward to seeing what you manage to do with it.

You'll need AMOS & AMOS compiler to build it.

Old 21 April 2011, 14:01   #73
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The dropbox download works fine here. Anyway, alternate download link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/v8ahdl
Old 21 April 2011, 14:16   #74
kvinther

Whoa! - Thanks the quick reply!

I have downloaded the file, and I can see that this is actually the one I already have. It contains the amos source file, however, I have had no luck opening it to see the actual source code (I have tried copying the file to an empty adf-image, and then tried to open it from Amos 1.2 - using WinUAE - but I get an error saying "this is not an Amos program"... Perhaps something with versions?).

I would love to see the Amos file as "plain" text!

I am on a PC, and using python to edit the Svgame-file. I am hoping that looking into Paul code, would give me a few tricks for re-implementation in Python.

All input appreciated.

Kristian

Old 21 April 2011, 14:24   #75
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The file opens fine with 'AMOS Professional v1.12 (1992)(Europress)(Disk 1 of 2)(System)[Amiga Format 67a decompressed].7z' which you can find on the EAB file server in the folder 'TOSEC/Applications/[ADF]/A'.
Old 21 April 2011, 14:35   #76
kvinther

Ok. Perhaps I am missing the point here?

I have started Amos just fine, but how do I get the source ".amos" file onto a disk image, that I can then load it from?

I tried using ADF Opus, creating a blank disk, but then I got the error I mentioned before.

Old 21 April 2011, 14:43   #77
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No idea why that doesn't work. Just copied it over to a blank disk via Workbench and it works fine. Try this one then : http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmjzyw
Old 21 April 2011, 14:53   #78
kvinther

Perfect! I switched to the AMOS version you linked, and my ADF-file worked like a charm! I was using a stone-age version of AMOS is guess, so the binary format was probably wrong.

Thanks a lot! I will start hacking

Kristian

Old 21 April 2011, 14:55   #79
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You're welcome and let us know how you get on with your editor
Old 07 August 2011, 22:43   #80
joealk

CM1 Update Project

What happened to the CM1 Update Project from last year?