English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 August 2017, 00:49   #41
DamienD
Banned

Heya mk1,

Thanks for the update, appreciated

Well, I'm glad that you got it working from your real, souped up A1200; sounds like it was a bit of a mission though... I have no idea why it doesn't run properly from CF0:

Regarding the game's bugs and lack of sound on the last part, not much I can do about that really... Anyway, look on the bright side, at least it's completable
Old 23 June 2018, 05:55   #42
Mikeflint

Please

Is there any way you could re-upload this in the hinstall format? It seems to have disappeared from your earlier upload. I only need this to complete my configs and games list on FS-UAE. I have other versions, but I am too much of a noob to hd install it myself. BTW, thanks for your other uploads. They helped me get to within one file of completion.
Old 23 June 2018, 10:34   #43
DamienD
Banned

Hi Mikeflint,

Just checked, both file are still on the EAB File Server under:

a) ~Uploads/DamienD/HDFs
b) ~Uploads/DamienD/LHAs
Old 23 June 2018, 19:27   #44
Mikeflint

Uploads/DamienD/HDF

The link is still there for Big Red Adventure, but when I click on it, it just pops up with gibberish. No download. I do appreciate your quick response and helpfulness.
Old 23 June 2018, 21:58   #45
DamienD
Banned

Ok, try this. Uploaded to a file hosting site for you: https://www.sendspace.com/file/nxjc8x

Use WinRAR v5.50 to extract the .HDF
Old 23 June 2018, 23:15   #46
Mikeflint

I'm sorry to be such a pain in the ass. That file downloaded and unzipped just fine. However FS-UAE needs a very specific file. It has to be HDIstll v1.2 M4 AGA in order to fill the configs and games list. If you don't have that or are just tired of fooling with me, I understand. I do appreciate the rapidness of your responses and your willingness to help a poor helpless fool. Thanks.
Old 23 June 2018, 23:29   #47
DamienD
Banned

...never used FS-UAE but surely you can load .HDF files and create your own config if necessary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeflint View Post
BTW, thanks for your other uploads. They helped me get to within one file of completion.
How did you add my other files you downloaded?
Old 24 June 2018, 01:06   #48
Mikeflint

FS-UAE "configs and games" asks for very specific files. It could be an ADF or a WHDload or others. It will give a specific version (ex. ADF AGA cr FLT) of the file it is looking for. It has the emulator already configured for that specific file. If you scan the rom directory and that file is available, it will automatically configure the emulator to run that game (kickstart version, ram, Amiga model, etc.). I owned several different Amigas about 25 to 30 years ago and loved playing all the games. I guess I got nostalgic for them, but can't remember many of the things I had to do to operate them. FS-UAE is built for gameplaying by the simpleton (i.e. me). I can find the cd version and the 20 disk ADF version of Big Red Adventure. However, at this point, I do not have the knowledge or experience to HD install it. I do thank you for your patience with this emulator noob.
Old 24 June 2018, 01:46   #49
DamienD
Banned

Any reason why you can't use WinUAE?

...then you can try my collection with everything already setup / configured: DamienD's WinUAE Collection
Old 25 June 2018, 04:30   #50
Mikeflint

Other than my being OCD, no reason. I will try WIN-UAE soon. Thanks.