English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 January 2023, 18:38   #41
ImmortalA1000

To be honest it depends what sort of games you like and whether you are prepared to pay £30-40 for 8bit games.

For me Konami's Crisis Force is the best shmup (Famicom exclusive), and Rad Racer is also the best 2.5D racing game either formats have to offer. I don't care for things like Mario, Zelda or Sonic, I had already passed the age of puberty before even the SG-1000 and Famicom came out in Japan lol

The difference is Sega kept adding to the SG-1000 to make 'not as crap as MSX' but the 1983 Famicom was good enough to run Crisis Force in 1991.

Last edited by ImmortalA1000; 12 January 2023 at 18:38. Reason: typo
Old 21 January 2023, 02:01   #42
Cobe

I fired up sms emu and was surprised that sms had sprite flicker that much which I dont remeber from bitd.
Still the nes border tiles flicker is much more annoying to me.
Old 21 January 2023, 12:07   #43
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Sprite flicker was likely less noticeable on a crt back then due to image persistence. Enabling 'No Sprite limit' fixes it for the most part in emulation.
Old 22 January 2023, 15:15   #44
Korban

Master System for me.
I had, and still have both, but play(ed) the Master System a lot more because I prefered the games available to it more than what is available for the NES.
The Mickey Mouse XXXX Of Illusion games are fantastic. On par with the Mario games in my opinion (granted, this also means The Super Mario games are brilliant given that theyre *the* benchmark for 2d platformers), r-type I prefer to Nemesis/Life Force, Forgotten Worlds, Phantasy Star, Shinobi, Golden Axe, the Sonic Games, Vigilante, Fantasy Zone, Ultima IV, the Wonderboy series, Gauntlet 2, the Alex Kid games, Golden Axe Warrior is (in my opinion) better than the 8bit Zelda, Master Of Darkness I prefer to the 8bit Castlevanias, Populous, Shadow Dancer, Rambo (the light gun game/Op Wolf clone), Donald Duck Lucky Dime Caper, and so on and so forth (chose these titles as theyre some of my favorites in my Master System physical cart collection).

Having said this I can find enjoyment with pretty much any system, but if I had to choose to get rid of either my NES or SMS I'd keep the SMS and it wouldn't be a difficult choice.
Old 22 January 2023, 15:21   #45
Seiya

i emulate both and i love both. Beautiful games, nice graphics, sound and color. Very often i found also excellent gameplay