English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 27 November 2012, 17:34   #61
Amiten
Banned

Thanks retrofan, but what I whiss is a version I can runing in my 060 I try the last 2 news and not goes in 060 how I say I cant wait for a new one who can runs in 060.

between I still using your first one in my 030 very cool.

Best regards
Amiten
Old 27 November 2012, 21:14   #62
Ratte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Perhaps it also depends on your tv? Don't know. Sorry, because it's great.

Edit: Sorry, because I also use the Tv for my PC. In your laptop it should work. Just put Superplus in Devs/Monitors and restart. If it's a setting of WinUAE, I use the configuration of CWB39 without FPU.
With superplus it looks nicer in WinUAE, and I had already a wallpaper with that size where the other was.

what about hd720 (16:9) on the tv?
or xtreme (1280x1024) in 16colors on indy mk2?
(they are both working on winuae)
Old 27 November 2012, 21:16   #63
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiten View Post
Thanks retrofan, but what I whiss is a version I can runing in my 060 I try the last 2 news and not goes in 060 how I say I cant wait for a new one who can runs in 060.

between I still using your first one in my 030 very cool.

Best regards
Amiten

I told you that if you have a Blizzard 060 and if it doesn't boot (I think it can) you can boot with the floppy of the drivers and it will work, I'm sure. And install the latest version and the pcmcia "drivers". The first versions I made of Amikit didn't work with FPU.

What 060 do you have? If it's an Apollo (edit: yes, now I know it is) I think you'll need something else, I will take a look to know what, but I don't have one to try. Novacoder has to know more exactly, or perhaps he can even try it in his miggy.

And... I've just tried it with my Amiga 1200 with Blizzard PPC and it works like a charm...

Edit: Try a soft reset (A-A-Ctrl), and if not, here are some tips http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ghlight=apollo
Also (reading a bit more):
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
have you got remapollo installed, also apollo's dont like bb2 update because of the scsi update.
Remember this Amikit is OS3.9 BB2, but there are solutions for you in my link above.

Reedit: You can also just install the latest version I sent you using OS3.5, but what I would do is to install remApollo in your system. Edit: Another version, with RemApollo sent just for you, mate.

Edit: Forget about using SFS. People here won't tell you as clearly as I do. It's a nice one, but has nothing to do in terms of speed with PFS3. I noticed it when trying a bootable Floppy to use a CD32 emulation. It only could run (emulating a CD) but using PFS3: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=122

Oh, sorry Ratte I didn't see your post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
what about hd720 (16:9) on the tv?
or xtreme (1280x1024) in 16colors on indy mk2?
(they are both working on winuae)
That's great. I will try them for sure (I mean in WinUAE, my Indi still doesn't like Xtreme). Really what I have in mind since I've tried an hour ago my version with the BPPC (without the drivers for the BVision) is that I need to search for any other monitor that can work without Indi and that has a large size if there's any. Edit: I've tried both and they can't fit well with my Tv.

Edit: I've tried with the latest BB4, but it was having problems with some Cf brands and also with Scalos, so it's better to stay with BB2, but that's more than the original, that is BB0.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 December 2012 at 21:45.
Old 03 December 2012, 00:52   #64
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
found a few files that can be deleted I think

__uae____UAEFSDB____ there are 107 of these files and are over 300k
theres another 20 odd files that start with __uae and they use up over 600k

also wondering if your FPU/no fpu problem comes from MathLibsUAE

Quote:
These libraries are optimized for the 68881/2 and need an FPU.
68881 emulations like in WinUAE will profit, real 68040/60 not.
Special WinUAE versions are included for the best performance.

BTW, the 68881 emulation under WinUAE is also present, while
the CPU/FPU config is set up for an 68040 and will profit too.
This, of course, only happens while applications use IEEE-libs.
but on further investigation I think not

Last edited by cosmicfrog; 03 December 2012 at 01:34.
Old 03 December 2012, 02:41   #65
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks. I will look for them. About FPU, it seems to run without problems with or without it, and it has no MathLibsUAE library, but the readme, that has to be deleted.

Anyway I still will have to make changes if someday it's possible to make an installer for everybody. Today I was thinking to make it without anything remapped, just using 64 colors or so, but I'm not sure how much free ram is necessary to run all the games in WHDload, and it would run slower (I think). I could run Amikit with 128 colors and 1.582.000 mb free. Actually it has around 1.778.000 (1.796.000 with Workbench). With 64 colors around 1.648.000.

How much free chip ram do I need to run WHDload, please?

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I've only got 1.3mb free but it still seems to run all WHDLOAD games just fine.

I was running in 64 colors but I've now put that up to 128 without much of a hit on chipram or icon speed.
Thanks a lot Nova. I've got 1.515.144 free chipram with... 256 colors.... so I think I'm starting a new Amikit version, Full Colour.... If it works like that it will be amazing, and I think I can do it soon.

Last edited by Retrofan; 04 December 2012 at 21:28.
Old 03 December 2012, 06:59   #66
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

found another problem, Ting

CyberBugfiX
copy prefs/env-archive/CyberBugfiX/

env-archive: contains the whole of CyberBugfiX - When only CyberGraphX Env stuff needs to be copyed

I also would like a reboot option on the tools menu, I cant find the one I use on aminet so I`ll include it here

Im also haveing problems installing picasso drivers do you think thats cos of the cybergraphix, now i type it I beging to think so
Attached Files
File Type: 7z RebootWB.7z (12.2 KB, 185 views)
Old 03 December 2012, 15:04   #67
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
found another problem, Ting

CyberBugfiX
copy prefs/env-archive/CyberBugfiX/

env-archive: contains the whole of CyberBugfiX - When only CyberGraphX Env stuff needs to be copyed

I also would like a reboot option on the tools menu, I cant find the one I use on aminet so I`ll include it here

Im also haveing problems installing picasso drivers do you think thats cos of the cybergraphix, now i type it I beging to think so
Yes, you are true. I forgot CyberBugFix there. No, anything related to picasso must be deleted if still there's any, it needs a graphic card.

You already have a reboot option in Scalos and Magellan with right click on screen. Do you say in Workbench? Now I don't remember if there is, but I won't modify it from the original Amikit (well, really the option there was to shut-down, that I changed to reboot).

Right now I'm doing a Full coloured version, just like Amikit.

Edit: No, there isn't that option in Workbench, but you can just start WB2000 and it has a reboot option there. BTW I've deleted what you say; just in Windows searching for all the files _UAE and deleting them, and also deleted Cybergraphics and corrected the gui of Black Chrome to show the messages of IBrowse. I will send you soon this to try.

I've already tried a 256 colors version just starting with a copy of the Amikit of my Pc and copied over it from my 16c version:
Devs/Monitors (with cyberbugfix inside)
Startup-Sequence with the sentences of a couple of programs Amikit doesn't have disabled (BlazeWCP, Iconbefast and CyReq).
User-Startup
Libs
Classes/Datatypes
Deleted some programs from Utilities and Internet that doesn't work and installed MMCKeyboard from my version (althought all this is just to try)
WBStartup moved some programs to disabled, just like in my version
Copied Boot for bootscreen and bootscreen to prefs
Copied to c: cyberbugfix, FBlit, FText, play16 and bootscreen
Copied Env:Cybergraph for cyberbugfix
Copied Prefs/Presets Amikit800x600.aiff, just to boot with the image

Just with this it boots with the booting screen and the music, and it's like the original. BUT the skins of the windows in Amikit look ugly (is it because they use 16M colors?), and also the wallpapers. I mean that using 256 colors and still having 1.515.000 or around free chip. Really it looks BETTER just using 16 colors. Only the icons look better. Edit: Well, the wallpapers look "just the same" and the skins only look better once remapped to 256 colors.
It's a long time I don't use 256 colors, and I don't know if it can look better. Perhaps there's something I'm missing (I mean without remapping them), I don't know what.

Edit: So I keep with the 16 colors version. Today I've made an "switch" to turn CyberBugFixAga on or off. This is mainly to run Scummvm AGA. I hope Novacoder will like it. Also I've put a command in the Scummvm icon to load a preconfigured AHI, so later the system uses another. Scummvm is working nice today and (by now) I don't see anything with a problem here.

Edit: Yesterday night I sent a copy to try to a couple of mates that already have Amikit. BUT... like always, it seems I can't stop improving it. Today I've changed the images of the skins of Black Chrome again. I had two options: To use them remapped to 16 colors, but then they had some "points" on the image, or to use them remapped to 256 colors, but then the top of the image doesn't look right. Well today I've used the top of a remapped image and the rest with 256 colors, so a image with 256 colors but that looks right with 16. I've also changed it's Gui to have a little better colors on the buttons and so.

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 December 2012 at 00:37.
Old 03 December 2012, 23:40   #68
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

yep I dont use Scalos and Magellan me use cli, wb and dirous4 hehehehe

yep it came to me after a few hours that picasso and cybergaphix don`t like each other

look forward to the next one, might finally get to test it on realhard ware at some point
Old 10 December 2012, 00:37   #69
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Today I've made another skin, which I've called MetalBrush, with somekind of 3D efect between the bar and the window, although it looks like forged silver really, or not?:

Really I would need to change some of the existing skins or make new ones like this.

And I've made this too, called Golden, but I'm not so sure if you will like it:

I dont know, at least I will change it to have more relief at the bottom of the bar, but it's difficult to make gold with 16 colors...

Edit: Ok, now (I've changed the golden one), active and inactive:

Perhaps I should change the inactive golden one.

Edit: Well, as nobody likes them I will delete them in 3...2...1...

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 December 2012 at 03:17.
Old 12 December 2012, 07:42   #70
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

They look as they have a great deal of dithering which isn't good for my own taste.
I tried my best to make an 8 color MWB Birdie skin based on Rebel's already made skin for 16 colors but every result looked like crap.

Gradient effect would be nice Retrofan mate.
Old 12 December 2012, 12:58   #71
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
They look as they have a great deal of dithering which isn't good for my own taste.
I tried my best to make an 8 color MWB Birdie skin based on Rebel's already made skin for 16 colors but every result looked like crap.

Gradient effect would be nice Retrofan mate.

Thanks a lot Marios for commenting it. Really I searched for that dithering (if I understand the word right). It isn't a plain surface, it has to seem a brushed metal in the first and a real engraved gold in the second. For the second I used a Gold image of Google. Both have gradient of light-shadow to have some perspective, even the MetalBrush has a 3D effect just below the bar, with the contrast of shadow and the size of the crossings, they appear larger. It's true I haven't seen any theme with this kind of dithering (or wrought, that is what I understand), and that's exactly what I try to make with them: a gold and a plate frame with engraving. Ah, and also my photo isn't good enough (just look at the icons, you know they look much better).

What I don't like much is the bar of the golden inactive window, but I've tried several things and I believe it will stay as it is. BTW in that I used in the window a plain surface. Do you preffer it?

Edit: And please, Marios, if I'm not understanding you right, send me a PM so we can explain it better.

Edit: I've made another, "Black&Blue":

All the buttons from the Rebel's one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Mfilos with 8 colors BlackChrome, MetalBrush and Black&Blue look right. I told you time ago that blue, grey and black are the best colors to search an 8 colors wallpaper, and they are the ones these skins use.
You know I don't like 8 colors, but this is how it is:

With MetalBrush:

The backdrop of the windows is also nice as you can see for 8 colors.

I upload the wallpaper if you like it, in 8 colors. It isn't rar but jpg, just rename it.

Edit:
I've been trying sounds for events, but this is just "for me"; I mean that it's very different from the original Amikit: [ Show youtube player ]
Attached Files
File Type: rar batman-arkham-city_8.rar (307.2 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 21 January 2013 at 00:10.
Old 21 January 2013, 00:11   #72
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I do have somekind of an "Installer" that works for my Beta and Unofficial AmiKit 16c to make it public (thanks Thomas BTW for the advice to delete some things). Now just waiting for a couple of things to release it. Sounds for events are now included, the music while booting changed to one Public Domain, the script to disable CyberBugFix for ScummVm has been improved.

Today I've asked Emmanuel Dausse to use Workbench 2000 with my changes and make it public and he has been very kind and happy to see his program still used.

Edit: Any people interested in a public release is welcome to post

Edit: Ok, I don't want to "update" this thread yet. Thanks a lot for your interest (posts after this). I'm working now in two kind of installers to have more options for an easy install. Working on it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 January 2013 at 01:16.
Old 23 January 2013, 08:43   #73
JohnFante

I would be very interested :-)

My plans are ultimately to use it on a A4000D, CSPPC with 060, Mediator with Radeon, SB128 and ethernet etc.

I have a Indivision so I can test both a Indivision version and a RTG.

Great work :-)
Old 23 January 2013, 09:06   #74
ptyerman

Interested also.
Old 27 January 2013, 10:09   #75
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

I'm interested to try it too
Old 28 January 2013, 00:33   #76
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to finish this thread, to comment that it has finally been released, and that this is now the News Thread and this is the Support Thread.

And now this can be closed. Thanks for your help!