English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 12 February 2013, 10:10   #1
AndyFC

How to change default tool for file types

ClassicWB is great, and afters ome time setting it up on WinUAE, I copied my setup to my A1200, which is now runnng really well. Thanks for the work.

I'd like to changethe programme used to open files, specifically .jpg files. When double-clicked, they open in multiview but I'd like to change to fastview for fastjpg.

I can do it on a file-by-file basis but would like to know what tool is used & what I need to do to change the default file viewer please?

Thank you,
Andy

Old 12 February 2013, 22:42   #2
Bloodwych

Hi AndyFC and thanks for the kind words.

It depends on what version you are using. Most of them use Scalos for File Type support and you can change it by right clicking then selecting Icons->Filetypes, or finding the same setting in the Run buttonmenu. Take a look at this vid, from 2.45 onwards:

http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/features.htm

It brings up the filetypes drawer, where you can right click on a default filetype icon and go to Info. This brings up the requester and you can update what program it uses for all icons of this type.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 12 February 2013 at 22:53.
Old 13 February 2013, 10:18   #3
AndyFC

Thanks very much for this. I tried it on the WinUAE setup and got it to work so I'll do it on the real A1200 at the weekend.