English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 17 January 2009, 18:12   #1
AAG

F12 Options dialogue on multi-monitor system

Hi

Maybe this wouldn't apply to too many people, but I'm using a Winuae on a laptop. This laptop also has a 2ndary VGA out, which I'm using powerstrip, using a custom 15khz horizontal scanrate res to drive a scart RGB tv (@50hz)

When starting winuae, it appears on the default monitor (the laptop screen in high res).

I then set the "Display" output to the 2nd "head"/display using my low resolution. (640 x 288 lines).

Everything is great. But when pressing f12 for the options - the options open on the 2nd monitor. Although you can make the options dialogue "scroll around", its a bit awkward with only 288 visible lines.

Would it be possible to have an option to display the "options dialogue" to the primary (high res) monitor?

As I said, maybe not applicable to too many people but just a thought for those with dual setups (maye those using Ultimarc AVGA card also)?

Thanks

AAG
Old 17 January 2009, 20:16   #2
thomas

Quote:
I then set the "Display" output to the 2nd "head"/display using my low resolution. (640 x 288 lines).
Do you use "Fullscreen" or "Full-window" option ? IMHO with "Full-window" the F12 menu opens were you left it, not necessarily on the second screen.
Old 17 January 2009, 21:08   #3
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Do you use "Fullscreen" or "Full-window" option ? IMHO with "Full-window" the F12 menu opens were you left it, not necessarily on the second screen.
Exactly. Use CTRL - F12 to go from fullscreen to window, then F12 again for options.
Old 17 January 2009, 23:26   #4
AAG

Yep - running in full screen. Didn't even think if of doing as you suggested! Thanks.
Old 18 January 2009, 10:38   #5
thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
Exactly. Use CTRL - F12 to go from fullscreen to window, then F12 again for options.
That's not what I had in mind.

In the Display panel you have three options: "Windowed", "Fullscreen" and "Full-Window". The latter is meant for dual-monitor systems and works exactly as desired: WinUAE opens on the TV and the F12 menu opens on the Windows desktop, without switching to "Windowed" first.
Old 18 January 2009, 12:11   #6
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
That's not what I had in mind.

In the Display panel you have three options: "Windowed", "Fullscreen" and "Full-Window". The latter is meant for dual-monitor systems and works exactly as desired: WinUAE opens on the TV and the F12 menu opens on the Windows desktop, without switching to "Windowed" first.

Sorry I misunderstood you sentence, you are absolutely right. I'm sorry for making confusion on the subject.
Old 19 January 2009, 15:46   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

DirectX fullscreen modes are quite stupid in multimonitor modes. Touching any window on another "non-fullscreen" monitor forces the "fullscreen" monitor to lose fullscreen status.

Having GUI in another monitor while in fullscreen mode would be nice but it won't work (you can try to drag it to another monitor and see what happens..)