English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 31 October 2011, 08:46   #1
uridium

Lyra C64 wintendo key remapping support

Hi, about a year ago I impulse bought a Lyra C64. Essentially this thing turns a dead C64 into a USB keyboard that you can use on Wintendo/Mac'n'trash to do keyboard stuff.

I quickly discovered the thing was intended for use with VICE emulating a C64 which is marvelous but something I'm completely uninterested in as I use my C64 and C128 if I want to do commodore things. I wanted to just "use" the C64 lyra USB keyboard when I'm forced to use wintendo.

So! My dream *sigh* is to be able to use this thing as a regular keyboard under wintendo.. arrow keys and shift arrow keys work, control works and escape. I've spent easily 10+ hours trying desperately to remap the keys using the windows keyboard mapper, and following guides to do it in the registry (I'm quite unafraid and don't mind bricking the wintendo 7 install because..hey, It's windows I don't care and will re-install). So, has anyone managed to get the arrow keys, control key and escape keys working correctly? If so..I'd just about have your children if you can tell me how?

I've extensively messed with sharpkeys, and several others. It "seems" that it has trouble with the shift keys for arrows. I'd *LOVE* for something that says "hit a key combination then click done button with mouse" ..then remaps that to something you can use.

Otherwise.. this device is next to useless for me sadly. Maybe this is really simple, I've no idea..but have spent a huge amount of time on it. All help/ideas gratefully accepted!

Al.