English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 07 January 2008, 22:19   #1
Heula

Can't change paths in WinUAE (Amikit)

Today I tried Amikit and almost everything works just fine except for one thing.

I can't change the paths to my savestates, saveimages etc.
This is only when I open Amikit en choose configure WinUAE.

When I open WinUAE manually I can change the paths but when I run Amikit after doing that it looks like it's loading a complete different config.

I really would like to change the paths of my savestates to a different location. But how?

I placed this problem on the Amikit forum but they think it's a WinUAE problem.

http://amikit.amiga.sk/forum/index.p...um=2&topic=429
Old 07 January 2008, 22:28   #2
DamienD
Banned

Just a guess as I don't actually use AmiKit...

In WinUAE Settings --> Paths you have WinUAE default (old) selected instead of WinUAE default (new)?
Old 07 January 2008, 22:49   #3
Heula

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Just a guess as I don't actually use AmiKit...

In WinUAE Settings --> Paths you have WinUAE default (old) selected instead of WinUAE default (new)?
That only changes the locations from XP to Vista or reverse.
I want to manually add folders.

I think it's odd because it's only when I run Amikit and choose configure WinUAE.
Old 08 January 2008, 08:16   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Perhaps AmiKit (don't remember..) uses -datapath <path> command line parameter? It forces all paths relative to <path>. Fix is easy: run AmiKit configuration manually.
Old 08 January 2008, 08:52   #5
Heula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Perhaps AmiKit (don't remember..) uses -datapath <path> command line parameter? It forces all paths relative to <path>. Fix is easy: run AmiKit configuration manually.
Yes that is a possibility and have done that already but have to do some more testing with it because I also noticed when changing to path for savestates for example to D:\Mijn documenten\savestates and I press F12 to savestate a game it picks to last known folder and not D:\Mijn documenten\savestates.

This I want to test when I run WinUAE from its original installation location C:\Program Files\WinUAE without Amikit.
This maybe sounds crazy but before I installed Amikit everything worked fine. load state and save state immediately went to savestate folder I choose in the path config.
Old 08 January 2008, 16:08   #6
Heula

I solved my problem.

What I've done is simple, I have install WinUAE (C:\Program Files\WinUAE) and started it. Configured all the paths and automaticly all uae configurations were imported.
All other stuff are in de Amikit folder but I start WinUAE from it's default location (C:\Program Files\WinUAE).

Works just the way I want it now. Still I think it's strange.