English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 27 September 2017, 16:59   #41
earok

I couldn't sleep, so I ended up whipping up a CD32 version for testing (zoned). It is NOT tried on a real console yet. I'll include this on my site along with Ross' ultimate edition ADF if no problems come up with it.

* Uses previous (non trained) executable as a base.
* With Modrobert's jump fix.
* Licenceware screen doesn't require right click (will skip immediately after it's unfurled) so mouse isn't required.
* Highscore is essentially disabled so keyboard isn't required at all. Did this in the crudest way imaginable (bumped all default highscores up to 2 billion!). Though you'd still need a keyboard for entering a level password.

On top of all of that, a utility Galahad made awhile back (closedelay20) is included on the disc. Basically it fixes an issue where some games are essentially incompatible with CD media as there's too short a gap between closing one file and opening the next - Plumpy appeared to have this issue.

@Ross or @Damien, as the trained version is Workbench compatible, is there any chance we could get a copy of it put in an LHA for Workbench users? If there isn't a workbench icon around I could ask around to see if we can get an icon for it. Cheers.
Old 27 September 2017, 18:24   #42
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
@Ross or @Damien, as the trained version is Workbench compatible, is there any chance we could get a copy of it put in an LHA for Workbench users? If there isn't a workbench icon around I could ask around to see if we can get an icon for it. Cheers.
From looking at ross's "utlimate" disk; he's incorporated the Flashtro trainer into the main "Plumpy" file.

In The Zone! you will now find "Plumpy.lha" which was created inside WinUAE on my Classic WB 3.1 Lite .HDF
Old 27 September 2017, 20:01   #43
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfalcon View Post
we will put this version on Flashtro. <3
Great!

Last edited by ross; 14 November 2017 at 22:47.
Old 27 September 2017, 20:08   #44
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
You could simply copy Plumpy(+icon) and DATA folder from "ultimate" and you are done

NOTE: seems that i've made a Coloricons icon so is only properly rendered in OS39.. (in previous OS is a generic icon but works).
NOTE2: you also need powerpacker.library in LIBS:

This is the image:
Attached Images

Last edited by ross; 14 November 2017 at 22:47.
Old 01 October 2017, 15:25   #45
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Thanks earok for fixing the levels. Now I can finally play it to the end!

BTW: I know more games that needs to be fixed if you are interested
Old 02 October 2017, 07:18   #46
earok

Cheers Ross and Damien

Hipoonios: No worries! Feel free to list them all here. There's some very talented people watching this post so if I don't get around to fixing them someone else will
Old 02 October 2017, 21:56   #47
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Feel free to list them all here. There's some very talented people watching this post so if I don't get around to fixing them someone else will
It's a bit off topic to list them here so created a new thread
Old 07 October 2017, 11:46   #48
earok

All done with this - there's an official home (or at least as official as this could be!) at http://earok.net/game/plumpy-fixed-edition, including ADF, LHA and CD32 ISO editions.
Old 07 October 2017, 14:29   #49
DamienD
Banned

Nice work earok

...but you forgot to credit "warfalcon" AKA "SIRIaX" @ Flashtro for the main trainer also.
Old 08 October 2017, 00:55   #50
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nice work earok

...but you forgot to credit "warfalcon" AKA "SIRIaX" @ Flashtro for the main trainer also.
Whoops!

I'm not quite sure how the trainer stuff should be credited, so I've put Ross and SIRIaX. Hope that's ok :S
Old 08 October 2017, 01:34   #51
DamienD
Banned

I'm sure that's cool my friend

...but, if you want the exact order of process that the final / ultimate version "ross" provided went through (as detailed in this thread):

a) SIRIaX @ Flashtro trained with many options.
b) ross then fixed an issue he found with the above i.e. "unlimited energy" only works if "unlimited lives" is selected; and then also applied "ModRobert" jump = fire also hack.
Old 30 May 2020, 19:16   #52
RatInstinct

Floppy disk

Well I'm defo late to the party on this one but none the less here goes

I stumbled across Plumpy on YouTube and followed it to here which looks to be a good place to be. After 24 years in the wilderness Plumpy has now been updated from the original source code and is now 100% fixed

Updates on Plumpy v1.1 are :-

Several maps tweaked, not just the ones I was aware of
Cheat-mode fixed, actually works now
Pause actually works as well, never really needed it but hey-ho
And the odd bit of code tided up as well.

Anyway, the new ADF file can be located here - https://www.atrophy.co.uk hopefully someone will like that I finally came back to it.

Enjoy!

PS. I am the original author, incase that was missed lol!

Last edited by RatInstinct; 30 May 2020 at 19:17. Reason: Extra fact
Old 30 May 2020, 19:48   #53
manossg

Great stuff! That one was off my radar!
Old 30 May 2020, 19:54   #54
DamienD
Banned

Heya RatInstinct,

Welcome to EAB

Oh wow, nice one with all those fixes, much appreciated. Going to give this a bash.

Cool to see you found your way here

Thought I should also quote your news post from your website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatInstinct
Posted 29/05/20 - 21:41 - Posted By Rat Instinct

As mentioned the other day I had something random coming up and here it is. Many, many, MANY years ago I coded stuff on the Amiga from the A500 all the way to the A1200. Whilst I did several random things during my time with this awesome home computer, one of my best efforts was a game called Plumpy. Well after it never really did anything, whether on a magasine or other outlet it was forgotten to the depths of time, until I came across it on YouTube of all places! Needless to say that was a great day and a sad one as it had been highlight to be bugged, with maps you couldn't complete. Well after years away from the Amiga I came back for one last hurrah to fix it. And here it is, Plumpy v1.1 with fixed maps (more that I was aware of), fixed cheat-mode and other minor changes. So head over to the files section and grab the ADF file for WinUAE, Atrophy Files Hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed writing and fixing it

Last edited by DamienD; 30 May 2020 at 20:29.
Old 30 May 2020, 23:31   #55
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatInstinct View Post

Added to HOL. For me the easiest change to spot was #24. Counting from 0, it's the mostly brown maze level.
http://hol.abime.net/6170/gamemap
Old 31 May 2020, 01:34   #56
earok

Welcome! Great to see you here, thanks for the update. I've updated a link on the page for the hacked version to reflect that there's now an official update with fixed levels.

Any chance of a jump button in the new version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatInstinct View Post
Well I'm defo late to the party on this one but none the less here goes

I stumbled across Plumpy on YouTube and followed it to here which looks to be a good place to be. After 24 years in the wilderness Plumpy has now been updated from the original source code and is now 100% fixed

Anyway, the new ADF file can be located here - https://www.atrophy.co.uk hopefully someone will like that I finally came back to it.

Enjoy!

PS. I am the original author, incase that was missed lol!
Old 31 May 2020, 17:41   #57
RatInstinct

Thumbs up

Thanks for the kind words peoples

I'm sure I can have a tweak of the code to swap jump over to the fire button, I'm sure I had logic in my original choice of Up but fire makes more sense these days. I know there was extra code around the jump part to avoid an issue with it so a tiny bit of effort will be needed

I'll be back soon with v1.1b (b for button )

Toots!
Old 31 May 2020, 19:52   #58
RatInstinct

No sooner said than done and we have v1.1b now live at the same place (https://www.atrophy.co.uk) The "up" version is still there as well.

I'll have to dig out some of my other bits and pieces I did, the other full game I completed was called Trax, my take on the Atari classic tank battle and featured a map editor so you could create your own

Then I've loads of random utils and demos that might be of interest. Best one was probably for UFO:Enemy Unknown, I got sick of losing so I worked out the save game format and then created a save game editor

Chow for now!
Old 31 May 2020, 22:37   #59
DamienD
Banned

Many thanks RatInstinct
Old 01 June 2020, 00:05   #60
earok

Cheers RatInstinct

I had a quick look, doesn't seem to be two different versions on the site? Files page is only showing 1.1 for me.