English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 07 August 2011, 01:58   #41
XDelusion
Alien Breeder

Where is the other one located, I couldn't find it.

Thankx to a certain someone for upping this to underground gamer.
Old 07 August 2011, 08:41   #42
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Yes I explained that my archive contained the angel.anim in post 30 of this thread.

There has been a bit of recent work done on getting the .anim to display better.
The angel.anim when viewed here, used to have bad HAM fringing.

Walter Randelshofer has fixed this now. The cause is explained below:

The reason for the fringing was the way the colors were stored by Photon Video Cel Animator.
Instead of using the same low and high bit per color (which is usual for OCS color palettes), the high bit wasn't set at all.
For example, a value for an orange color should look like this #EE7711, but it was stored as #E07010.
Since OCS Amigas will ignore the high bit anyway you won't see any difference.
It will also be displayed correctly in DPaint, because it is also checking the 'CAMG' chunk of an IFF file.
This chunk tells if the image was created on an Amiga with OCS, ECS or AGA chip set.
In case of the OCS chip set, the value of the low bit will automatically used for both, the high and low bit.
However, the applet was displaying the color palette exactly as defined. The result were slightly darker HAM base colors.
As you know, additional colors in HAM can be defined by altering the RGB values of the previous pixel.
In order to display images correctly it is crucial to get the color palette right, especially on HAM images.
The updated applet version is now taking care of the CAMG entry and makes sure OCS colors are handled accordingly.

Last edited by DDNI; 07 August 2011 at 09:00.
Old 19 February 2013, 15:37   #43
trydowave

I have these disks if there still needed. Not sure what condition there in though
Old 19 February 2013, 20:58   #44
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
I have these disks if there still needed. Not sure what condition there in though
Thanks, but these disks have already been preserved and uploaded to the file server.
Old 20 February 2013, 00:53   #45
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

I wish I'd seen this thread a couple years ago, as I happen to have all three disks (copied, not original). Would have given me a good excuse to hook up my A2000 :P
Old 17 December 2021, 20:43   #46
Ticonderoga

Retrieving this old thread just to see if anyone could reload disk 3 on the zone and if anyone has copy of the manuals somewhere.

Thank you.

Last edited by Ticonderoga; 17 December 2021 at 20:51.