Old 22 December 2012, 19:33   #181
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAngus View Post
@Prowler
AIAB-Originals-File-archive-backup.rar uploaded
AVG Virus Scanned - > Clean

Cheers Prowler , this gives me a bit of breathing space and allows me to concentrate on new updates.
Thanks for that MadAngus. I'll extract it and move the files to the downloads area for everyone to share. I'll post details of where the files can be found when I've finished.

Don't worry if the archive disappears from your user folder in the meantime; it won't have been lost.

Quote:
I'll download e-uae 0.8.29 WIP 3 for windows and see if these are common errors.
No I won't forgot there isn't any windows binaries for e-uae, Doh!.

I'd like to get to a solution for this for releasing an updated MacAIAB.
Don't worry about that either. I'll upload a set of the latest E-UAE 0.8.29 WIP Windows builds later for you to play with.

Quote:
Wonder, should the update be called osxAIAB.
I would suggest MaxAIAB. After all, the successor to MacUAE is called MaxUAE.

Quote:
I'm going to commit to getting 10.7 updates out by 31 December at the absolute latest (sooner if possible) by hell or high water it will be done. They will be early Alpha releases, just to get something out there for testing.
Don't sacrifice quality for speed. You can rest assured that we'll all appreciate your efforts just the same whether it's done this month or next.
Old 22 December 2012, 21:58   #182
elowan

Got AIAB running - MaxUAE runs the installation without error

Things are a Bit Slow and i miss the HD-Games folder.... Will investigate later and Report back. Would like to get the Optimum out of AIAB and MaxUAE

Have a Good One,

ELO
Old 22 December 2012, 22:07   #183
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi All,

I have started uploading the original, unmodified AIAB legacy archives and files provided by MadAngus into the /Commodore_Amiga/App/Archive/AIAB folder on the EAB File Server.

I have preserved the directory structure of the backup file, and the upload is scheduled to be completed sometime this evening.
Old 22 December 2012, 22:11   #184
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Have to say, madangus is doing an awesome job.
Old 22 December 2012, 23:21   #185
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
...and the upload is scheduled to be completed sometime this evening.
After 175 files, it is done! Thanks again, MadAngus!
Old 23 December 2012, 16:00   #186
elowan

After lowering the resolution and color depth to 800x600x15bit the emulation runs quiet good - could be faster - but it´s ok for now.

I am still missing the applications and HD-Games in r10c... only DH0:Workbench shows up... the HD-Games folder seems to have the same files inside, like the workbench folder. Application folder only has WizARCdemo inside...

So, how to get the HD-Games and some Apps (like a Browser, musicplayer,etc.) into AIAB?
I guess, it's another Download? But why are the folders included, if they are without Content?

If i click on an app (like Music->Octamedv5) the following dialogs appearing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ami21.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	33555
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ami33.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	33556  

Last edited by elowan; 23 December 2012 at 19:24.
Old 23 December 2012, 21:11   #187
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
I'll download e-uae 0.8.29 WIP 3 for windows and see if these are common errors.
No I won't forgot there isn't any windows binaries for e-uae, Doh!.
Don't worry about that either. I'll upload a set of the latest E-UAE 0.8.29 WIP Windows builds later for you to play with.
Hey, of course you're right! I thought you meant that the Windows builds had been removed, but now I find that there never were any!

...I didn't like E-UAE much anyway.
Old 24 December 2012, 01:09   #188
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

@Prowler
Cheers for sorting out the legacy files.

@elowan
Thanks for the info on MaxUAE.

A bit obvious but your problem sounds like an error in the MaxUAE configuration. I really do wish I could help out more .

Quote:
...But why are the folders included, if they are without Content?
They are there simply so new users will have somewhere to put their stuff. They are not required and can be deleted if you do not need them.

WizARCdemo contains a picture of a pretty woman. I think Jaybee added it as a tutorial file for using WizARC.

AIAB was always intended to be primarily an enhancement to the workbench where you then build your own setup adding the applications etc. that suited your target environment.

Jaybee did build an Internet pack and a Music pack which you can get for the moment from the EAB file server.

HD-Games, these are also available on the EAB file server, the setups are several years old and I don't know how they perform with the current version of WHDLoad, I would recommend using games from whdownload.com or some other source. Especially as the old AIAB HD-Games will not be supported.

AIAB support for WinUAE and FS-UAE are definite. I'm quite happy to create an updated MaxAIAB.sit pack for MaxUAE but I'll only be able to add updates and fixes/corrections that are provided. Testing would have to be done by others.
[Edit]
Quote:
...And i will Test it and put it all together, incl config file and install instructions in english and german, so Other users can take advantage of it.
Sorry missed that post .

Correct me if I'm wrong but MaxUAE was last updated (according to sourceforge) on the 2002-12-30. However untill FS-UAE is solid on Powerbook/OSX I'll do a MaxUAE.sit specific release for elowan and anybody else who gets an itch to test it. I'll add any rebuild and tutorial provided to the AIAB site when all's done.

There is no need for an Intel Mac or ppc mac as AIAB setup is script based. The install script is relatively simple, the real work is figuring out what changes to prefs etc Jaybee made and why. Also why the packages that are used were used and what role they play in the distribution.
However that detailed work is not required to update AIAB just to properly support it.
[End Edit]

Just thinking out loud:
To extract all the older AIAB exe setup files I'll need to go back to win98se as windows XP messes with the date/time stamps.
I'll need to find a decompiler for clickteams patch maker to extract r6 and r8 update files or just do the old directory compare.

Last edited by MadAngus; 24 December 2012 at 02:15.
Old 24 December 2012, 22:54   #189
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
To extract all the older AIAB exe setup files I'll need to go back to win98se as windows XP messes with the date/time stamps.
I'll need to find a decompiler for clickteams patch maker to extract r6 and r8 update files or just do the old directory compare.
If you manage to find a way to extract the files directly from Clickteam patch maker executables, that would be very welcome, because it's something which has always eluded me.
Old 08 January 2013, 18:04   #190
elowan

hello again,

some minutes ago, i tried to install the windows version of AIAB (tested r10.5 and update 10.6 after this) within Win-UAE 2.5.1 and 1.6.1...

I can´t belive my eyes, but i get the same error (missing library) like i did on my mac version (!)

asl.library Need reqtools.library ...

Did someone here manage to install AIAB 10.5 or 10.6 on windows without problems? Seems strange, the only amiga emulator, that runs it (at least for me) is MaxUAE (veeeerrry old mac osx version)...

I want to add, i followed the steps, found here: http://guide.abime.net/aiab/chap1.htm (at Step 15 it ends for me)

I gave Version Win-UAE 1.1.1 a try... here the "Detect 16-bit Pixel format" dialog appears and after confirming, Win-UAE 1.1.1 crashes.
No way to start 1.1.1 after this point anymore...

Should i post this in Win-UAE support forum, too?

So i gave fs-uae 2.0.1 a chance... but i can´t get it to detect or import the kickrom or the aiab10.6 default.uae config-file

Would be nice, if this mess could be solved

Maybe, there are other "Amiga in a box compilations" to try?

(Got Win7 64-bit, Intel C2D, ATI 5870)

Last edited by elowan; 08 January 2013 at 21:41.
Old 09 January 2013, 20:18   #191
elowan

Please... help
Old 09 January 2013, 20:32   #192
elowan

solved! I just had to run Win-UAE in Admin-mode
Old 09 January 2013, 22:32   #193
elowan

omg... after fighting for AGES to finally get an AIAB installation 10.5 / 10.6 running under WIN-UAE (Version 1.4.4 seems to do the trick, it´s the one mentioned in the AIAB .uae configs) i am getting a little bit

Installations just runs thru like the guide promised... BUT after install and reboot an error like "cannot open uaescsi.device" pops of "CDROM Handler" up. In the same moment another dialog pops up: "Intuition attempting to reset WB screen, close all windows..."

So, if i clicking on the "Abort" button from the "CDROM Handler" dialog, the workbench comes up... one time. After some short time, all stuff on the amiga WB gets kind of.. blurry. When hovering over with the cursor, it gets normal in this places, where the mouse-pointer have been. After restarting Wb, Win UAE switches to fullscreen mode (why the hell?) and then, there is only the bar on the top, saying "Workbench" - that´s it. Only chance is to open windows taskmanager and kill Win-UAE...
Old 09 January 2013, 22:37   #194
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by elowan View Post

omg... after fighting for AGES to finally get an AIAB installation 10.5 / 10.6 running under WIN-UAE (Version 1.4.4 seems to do the trick, it´s the one mentioned in the AIAB .uae configs) i am getting a little bit

Installations just runs thru like the guide promised... BUT after install and reboot an error like "cannot open uaescsi.device" pops of "CDROM Handler" up. In the same moment another dialog pops up: "Intuition attempting to reset WB screen, close all windows..."

So, if i clicking on the "Abort" button from the "CDROM Handler" dialog, the workbench comes up... one time. After some short time, all stuff on the amiga WB gets kind of.. blurry. When hovering over with the cursor, it gets normal in this places, where the mouse-pointer have been. After restarting Wb, Win UAE switches to fullscreen mode (why the hell?) and then, there is only the bar on the top, saying "Workbench" - that´s it. Only chance is to open windows taskmanager and kill Win-UAE...
For now, try to remove CD0 from the devs folder to storage.
Then see if it boots and works fine. Then you can come back to the scsi problem.
Old 09 January 2013, 22:56   #195
elowan

I removed it (found CD0 in /devs/DOSDrivers folder of AIAB harddrive) and now the dialog won´t appear... but the WB won´t load either... just like before, only the top-bar "Workbench" loads, no icons, AmiStart, backdrop, nothing...
Old 09 January 2013, 23:01   #196
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by elowan View Post
I removed it (found CD0 in /devs/DOSDrivers folder of AIAB harddrive) and now the dialog won´t appear... but the WB won´t load either... just like before, only the top-bar "Workbench" loads, no icons, AmiStart, backdrop, nothing...
Sounds like a missing library, workbench.library. See if that is present in your libs folder.
Also what kickstart are you using?
Old 10 January 2013, 00:25   #197
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Sounds like a missing library, workbench.library. See if that is present in your libs folder.
Also what kickstart are you using?
Missing workbench.library? Sounds like the A4000T version 40.70 3.1 ROM.
Old 10 January 2013, 00:44   #198
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Missing workbench.library? Sounds like the A4000T version 40.70 3.1 ROM.
Aye, hence I asked what kickstart, .
Old 10 January 2013, 08:02   #199
elowan

I also got AIAB installed on my powerbook, mac os-x. For amiga emulation I use MaxUAE right now (switching to fs-uae, if it will work on ppc) and the AIAB-WB allways loads and show up, when starting the emulation… not only one time, after installing like in Win-UAE! (same ROM file in use on Mac/Win)

Anyways, i´ll check exactly what 3.1 Rom Version is in use and report back this evening.

Thanks for support
Old 10 January 2013, 17:31   #200
elowan

Ok, the Kickstart is rev. 40.63 and yes, "workbench.library" is missing in AIAB-Harddrives-Workbench-Libs... so, what to do?