English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 02 April 2005, 19:37   #1
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Floppy disk Request: Keyfiles for FMsynth, Klondike

I have been looking for keyfiles for FMsynth and Klondike (Wallyware Solitaire) for years. I wanted to register these excellent programs, but the authors have long since disappeared.

If anybody knows where to get the keyfiles or knows of the current addresses of the authors, please let me know.
Old 02 April 2005, 21:15   #2
TikTok

In many cases, if the author has released a free keyfile for the program then the best place to find them is Aminet.

Otherwise you might have to hope somebody here registered the software back in the day - but bear in mind that keyfiles are often encoded with the individuals name and address, so they might not be happy to share it!
Old 03 April 2005, 01:51   #3
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

Yes, I am aware of Aminet. As I said, I've been searching for years. (you think I could search for years and not be aware of Aminet?)

Since these programs were not that popular and the odds of finding someone here who actually registered are basically zero, I was hoping someone might point me to one of those "keyfile caches" one finds here and there on the net. I wasn't expecting someone to give me a keyfile they actually paid for with their name in it. Or maybe there's the rare chance that the original authors visit EAB and they can tell me where to register.
Old 03 April 2005, 10:19   #4
TikTok

Sorry man, no offence intended! I presumed you were aware of Aminet, and just stated that if the files you wanted weren't there, the chances were very slim IMHO.

I'm not aware of those "keyfile caches" you mention - how do they operate exactly (going back to the problem of personal keyfiles encoded with names and addresses)?
Old 03 April 2005, 14:02   #5
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

I didn't mean to sound harsh. I appreciate your response.

Well, these "keyfile caches" that I mention are basically cracked keyfiles with bogus names piled into an archive. I've found 3 such archives over the years. One had "keyfile generators" for making your own. Sadly, no FMsynth or Klondike.

I prefer to register programs I like but if I can't find the authors, a cracked keyfile is my only alternative.