English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 May 2017, 11:53   #41
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
See attachment. Can't use "endcli" after using "loadwb". And "add setpach" are unknown commands under CLI.
If you have a standard system you must have the commands in Directory C, see the attached video.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 May 2017 at 23:29.
Old 14 May 2017, 12:20   #42
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
I meanwhile get it worked but only from CLI shell and without trainer. The Batch file is only executable from workbench. The game seems to need 1,8 MB chip ram which I don't get with trainer and outside from CLI.

Last edited by PARALAX; 14 May 2017 at 12:40.
Old 14 May 2017, 12:22   #43
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I meanwhile get it worked but only from CLI shell and without trainer. The Batch file is only executable from workbench. The game seems to need 1,8 MB chip ram which I don't get with trainer and outside from CLI.
File Batch you can run it from Shell with the command "Execute"

Make a test with your configuration see video!

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 17 May 2017 at 23:29.
Old 14 May 2017, 12:55   #44
PARALAX

I could get it work with the no-startup sequence method as well at least from CLI with the "execute t-zero" command but it's very unconvenient in my eyes, even because "y" and "z" are then reverted on german keyboards.

Reducing the number of colours from 256 to 8 also seems to work and is more comfortable, even when just using instead of saving it. The game needs more than 1,85 MB finally.

Thanks anyway!
Old 14 May 2017, 13:04   #45
AMIGASYSTEM

You could create scripts and start the game directly or different start Workbench how's that which I used on my old CD32, see video:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 May 2017, 15:25   #46
idrougge

Indeed T-Zer0 requires lots of chip RAM, and as far as I remember, it came with a script that would reboot the Amiga and run the game without a startup-sequence to free up as much RAM as possible.
Old 15 May 2017, 20:15   #47
DamienD
Banned

Sorry to hear that you're having issues PARALAX

...as others have said though (and you've discovered) you do need a lot of free Chip RAM unfortunately.

I tested the .LHA archive using WinUAE and a fresh install of "Classic WB 3.1 Lite". There is 1,981,536 bytes free here:

I wonder what it is on your system that's eating the Chip RAM?

Saying that though, booting with no startup-sequence and then typing the following should work before starting the trainer / game:

SetPatch quiet
Assign Env: Ram:
LoadWB
EndCLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Indeed T-Zer0 requires lots of chip RAM, and as far as I remember, it came with a script that would reboot the Amiga and run the game without a startup-sequence to free up as much RAM as possible.
Well then, your mind / memory must be playing tricks on you.

There is no such script on the original CD-ROM or the v1.01 - CD audio patch update...

I have seen something like what you describe with other games though; "Super Street Fighter II Turbo [AGA]" for example.
Old 15 May 2017, 20:28   #48
Amiga1992

Things that eat Chip RAM:
- Not using FBlit if you have FastRAM and an accelerator
- Every single window and icon displayed on WB Will eat up RAM and if you don't use FBlit that RAM will be Chip RAM.
- Large color count on WB (use less colors)
- Each partition and drive you have on the system will eat up some RAM, how much depends on the filesystem. If you have Fast RAM this will be used instead , but if you don't, then Chip RAM it is.

So yeah not surprised you don't have enough RAM if you have a 256 color WB, try cutting that down to begin with, and installing FBlit if you haven't .
Old 15 May 2017, 20:31   #49
DamienD
Banned

@PARALAX; you could also make a script that you run straight after "Boot With No Startup-Sequence".

Call it "T-Zer0" and store it in say the root of your hard drive for example, which has the following lines (no need to start Workbench):

setpatch quiet
assign env: ram:
cd spiele/t-zer0 (got this location from your screenshot; amend if you've changed)
execute t-zer0

Then all you need to type at the CLI is the following: execute T-Zer0

Edit: I've done this for you, see attached. Just extract the file from the archive to the root of your hard drive. All you need to type is "T-Zer0" (as I've set Script & Execute "protection bits" on the file).

Note to others: don't download this script; it's set up for the folder that PARALAX extracted the .LHA file into on his system... If you really need / want to use it as you suffer from not having enough Chip RAM, then make sure you amend accordingly...
Attached Files
File Type: lha T-Zer0.lha (98 Bytes, 196 views)

Last edited by DamienD; 15 May 2017 at 21:56.
Old 15 May 2017, 22:31   #50
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
The game seems to need 1,8 MB chip ram which I don't get with trainer and outside from CLI.
Quote:
I could get it work with the no-startup sequence method as well at least from CLI with the "execute t-zero" command but it's very unconvenient in my eyes, even because "y" and "z" are then reverted on german keyboards.

Reducing the number of colours from 256 to 8 also seems to work and is more comfortable, even when just using instead of saving it. The game needs more than 1,85 MB finally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Close. You're thinking of Capital Punishment (V1.1 update only IIRC).

IMHO the idea behind it provides a much more elegant solution than messing around with CLI, scripts or WB colour prefs. These type of solutions have been around on Aminet for ages, and I have provided links to them in the HOL notes for the T-zer0 and Capital Punishment entries in recent weeks.

Some of the Aminet utilities actually provide custom game launchers (with reboot) for particular games like T-zer0, while others are simply generic and can be used to launch any game suffering from a shortage of chipram comfortably from Workbench. Below are just a few that I've successfully used in the past. Hopefully one of them will come in handy for those here having the same chipram problems with T-zer0 and other games as the OP above!

- Reboot-Start V4.2 (contains custom game launchers with reboot for T-zer0, Capital Punishment and a few others; has degrading abilities + forces games to use PAL/NTSC screenmodes also) [readme, download]

- Da Cool Booter V1.7 (generic game launcher with reboot + create custom game launchers) [Developer readme, Aminet readme, download]

- Da Cool Installer V1.7 (generic game launcher with reboot + create custom game launchers + a lot more) [readme, download]

EDIT: If anyone wants the *registered* version of Da Cool Installer, then let me know and I'll dig it out for you!

Last edited by DrBong; 23 September 2017 at 22:32. Reason: Fixed broken links!
Old 21 May 2017, 23:34   #51
PARALAX

Thank you all guys for the effort, especially DamienD for the script.

Last edited by PARALAX; 21 May 2017 at 23:40.
Old 22 May 2017, 00:00   #52
DamienD
Banned

No problem at all

I presume now that the game & trainer from the .LHA archive I created are working on your system without issue when using this script?

To make it easier, you could always rename the script from "T-Zer0" to say "T0"; less to type.
Old 24 May 2017, 04:52   #53
PARALAX

It works but I prefer to decerase the number of colours in the workbench instead because it's the faster way for me.
Old 16 September 2017, 20:50   #54
macce2
Retro maniac

How to get the CDDA audio tracks working ? Which CD file system should be used ? If I remember right, it doesn't work with CacheCDFS..
Old 18 October 2017, 01:14   #55
lineacero

Hello partners.
Someone could upload t-zero hdf.game
please
Old 18 October 2017, 01:42   #56
DamienD
Banned

Hey there lineacero,

Welcome to EAB

All files I created are on the EAB File Server under ~Uploads/DamienD

... HDFs - for emulator users.
... LHAs - for real Amiga users.
Old 16 January 2021, 13:02   #57
normanx9

Hello

how to have the game in lha and hdf?
~ Uploads / DamienD does not exist
Old 16 January 2021, 16:06   #58
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanx9 View Post
Hello

how to have the game in lha and hdf?
~ Uploads / DamienD does not exist
Heya normanx9,

Welcome to EAB

I deleted my ~Uploads folder back when the Amiga File Server cleanup occurred in June last year.

Anyway, I've reuploaded somewhere and sent you a PM

Please let me know once you've download as I need the space...
Old 16 January 2021, 22:53   #59
normanx9

Thank you DamienD
Old 17 January 2021, 13:04   #60
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanx9 View Post
Thank you DamienD
You're welcome normanx9, enjoy

I assume you've downloaded now, so can I remove the archive from the hosting site?