gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
1. watch the intro / listen to the music
2. play 5 minutes / die unfaily
3. boot Gods
Ha!

I can never remember the button sequences in Gods for all the secrets though. That kind of puts me off from playing it as I know it's there and I can't get it, endlessly frustrating
Old 28 February 2024, 23:06   #122
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
That kind of puts me off from playing it as I know it's there and I can't get it, endlessly frustrating
Yeah, that really sucks
Old 29 February 2024, 06:56   #123
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
I can never remember the button sequences in Gods for all the secrets though. That kind of puts me off from playing it as I know it's there and I can't get it, endlessly frustrating
Hehe, I quite love to re-discover them when I play Gods after a while For me it's really rewarding when you figure out that it is worth to try all the combinations of buttons/levers in a level.
Old 04 March 2024, 13:51   #124
Megalomaniac

The thing with Shadow of the Beast, for me - I didn't get very far in it. Please explain why I should care. The gameplay is repetitive and dull, and completely devoid of strategy (you can't even store the potions for later use), disk accessing is excessive, and by all accounts the first bit is the best looking anyway. It sold huge numbers of Amigas, and thus paved the way for some amazing games that no other system could have done as well, but even by 1992 it was just a museum piece that had been outdone by games taht looked at least as good but had more gameplay to them.

I'm hopeless at Kick Off as well, but I'd rather put time into mastering that, or indeed almost any of the other games I mentioned in that previous list, as that actually has some evidence gameplay underneath it.

Gods isn't a game that's grabbed me, partly because it's so sluggish and the controls make it harder than it should be, at least has some depth and innovation. I'd rather put time into that than SOTB as well.
Old 04 March 2024, 13:56   #125
Calabazam

Quote:
First impressions last a long time. I still have vivid memories of booting up Last Ninja Remix for the first time and hearing the music - blew me away. I can absolutely not understand that people claim the C64 tunes are better, but... I never had a C64 of my own.
Last Ninja musics are nice on the Amiga because the original tunes were great compositions, but the Amiga music of this game is sort of easy listening compared to the savage and intense SID output. I like both but i aknowledge the C64 for a way better rendition of these musics.
I feel that the graphics could have been better on the Amiga because they are not so much better than C64 either.