English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 18 November 2019, 11:55   #121
Weaselrama
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
Is there a way to get rid of the right and bottom gauges, if they are at 100%?

I would like to have a "cleaner" look. The gauges are telling the user, how much of the contend is displayed in the actual window - but at 100% they are redundant and only add visual noise to the picture.

The "easy" way would be to just not draw the gauges in that case ... but that would leave you with rather thick empty border - the more advanced way would be slim borders (like the one on the left side) for that scenario, that would need to jump to a thicker version a soon as the gouges are needed again....

How would one accomplish that?
I cannot think of any practical way to accomplish what you want. In Prefs, you can use the "Workbench" setting to turn off the Fuel Gauge. If you are using VisualPrefs, you can adjust the size of the right-side and bottom sliders.

I must say I cannot imagine why you would want to alter the behavior. I don't see these as "gauges" but rather as navigation tools. When you have a lot of hidden files and directories but snapshot the Window to only encompass the visible files, they do at least alert you that there are more files than shown in the directory.

MacOS has an interesting way around this. Since most file folder navigation is accomplished merely by scrolling it hides the sliders until you actually navigate. You have to set this behavior to "always show" in settings.

This answer probably wasn't very helpful but it is based on my own understanding of how the Workbench/Intuition handles things.