English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 18 July 2011, 21:20   #81
Leffmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
His optimising is not just a bit aggressive, it's just plain wrong. Removing routines even though he isn't sure if they are called or not is not what I call optimising. I call it destroying. These are essential system libraries and before any optimising it should be made sure that they are working reliably.

That he isn't willing to listen to other people just makes it worse and seeing how he deleted all his posts here just shows how childish he is. Then again, what to expect from someone who claims posts about disassembling (that contain quite useful info) are off-topic here. It just fits very well together.
You've been mocking and insulting Cosmos childishly throughout the whole thread, and then you sent me some private message about the dangers of what he's doing, how I don't care about the Amiga and how I should know better than standing up for him, but you refuse to read my reply. Funny how you can call someone else childish. What reaction were you expecting to get when you attack him like this? No wonder he left.

If you know exactly how this is supposed be done (although I've increasingly been getting the impression that there's more hot air about you than there is substance) then why didn't you just point him in the right direction instead?

There's almost something pathological about the way you go at people in this forum and on the IRC chat, and how you systematically spin the whole discussion and make your victim out as some agitator of a bad cause and proceed to set them straight in a hot-headed way just to have people land on your side when things settle.

Someone gave me the exact same warning about you after a discussion on the IRC chat back when I started frequenting the EAB, Cosmos pointed it out in this thread as well, and I've learnt it since, too. You went after Hungry Horace the same way in this thread to give another example. You're a real bully around here.

Given how Horace has stopped posting completely since and how Cosmos has deleted all his recent posts, it looks like you've succeeded in bullying them both out of the forum. Job well done?
Old 18 July 2011, 22:24   #82
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
You've been mocking and insulting Cosmos childishly throughout the whole thread, and then you sent me some private message about the dangers of what he's doing, how I don't care about the Amiga and how I should know better than standing up for him, but you refuse to read my reply. Funny how you can call someone else childish. What reaction were you expecting to get when you attack him like this? No wonder he left.
And yet another typical Leffmann post, hooray! It's funny how you have an opinion about things you apparently don't have much clue about yourself. But well, I take the blame, it's my fault that Cosmos left, of course. It's also my fault that he has not been listening to what people have said and it's also my fault that he started to "optimise" shitload of system libraries without ever reaching any stable release, yes Leffmann, that is all my fault.

And of course, Mr. Leffmann, you sure know how I helped Cosmos with all his questions he had and you also know how system libraries should be disassembled and optimised because you wrote that Cosmos is doing a good job here in this thread. Thus you must be an expert in this area, now, why don't you tell me how it is done?

Apparently you also never heard that people might have better things to do than reading PM's in forum. That you make PM's public shows your true character too! But to make you happy, I'm gonna read your PM right now after I finished this post!

And as for me being "childish", yes, of course, it was me who told people to "go to hell" here, sure thing.

Quote:
If you know exactly how this is supposed be done (although I've increasingly been getting the impression that there's more hot air about you than there is substance) then why didn't you just point him in the right direction instead?
Hot air is what you're producing here with your incredibly useful "I have to protect poor Cosmos" posts. But if you have no other hobbies, feel free to continue and praise everything here, even if you don't have any idea what you're talking about. This is of course much better than pointing out problems with approaches used to "optimise" system libraries.

And had you read this thread instead of just blindly using any chance to make me look bad here you would have noticed that I "might" have an idea how disassembling works. But it's of course much more useful to claim that people doing a good job here, if it's true or not doesn't matter...

Quote:
There's almost something pathological about the way you go at people in this forum and on the IRC chat, and how you systematically spin the whole discussion and make your victim out as some agitator of a bad cause and proceed to set them straight in a hot-headed way just to have people land on your side when things settle.
YAWN! Come back when you have something relevant to say.

Quote:
Someone gave me the exact same warning about you after a discussion on the IRC chat back when I started frequenting the EAB, Cosmos pointed it out in this thread as well, and I've learnt it since, too. You went after Hungry Horace the same way in this thread to give another example. You're a real bully around here.
Yeah, the world is sooo cruel, I will from now on praise everything no matter how bad it is, just like you do. Happy happy joy joy, hooray.

Quote:
Given how Horace has stopped posting completely since and how Cosmos has deleted all his recent posts, it looks like you've succeeded in bullying them both out of the forum. Job well done?
Yeah, as said, it's all my fault. I rarely read so much nonsense in so few sentences, congratulations Leffmann! As for Horace, yeah, it is of course totally OK to let me waste my time, I should of course applaud him for that just like you would do. Go on and twist the facts here, looks like that makes you happy.

Last edited by StingRay; 18 July 2011 at 23:22. Reason: typos, additions
Old 19 July 2011, 01:10   #83
marty
Banned

StingRay, as a child, did you also always end up in fights ?
(G)
Old 19 July 2011, 01:16   #84
ma693541
Computer Wizard

@MOD

Please stop this flamewar even if you must ban people from the board, Thank's
Old 19 July 2011, 01:17   #85
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty View Post
StingRay, as a child, did you also always end up in fights ?
(G)
-Rob- marty, don't you have anything better to do?
Old 19 July 2011, 01:49   #86
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma693541 View Post
@MOD

Please stop this flamewar even if you must ban people from the board, Thank's
Seems like this thread has run its course. Closed for good and mind your way to tell people to change their way of approaching stuff. That goes for everyone who 'contributed' in this thread.