English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace > Swapshop

Old 11 June 2010, 14:47   #1
blast
Total Numpty

2 x 60gb PS3 consoles faulty for one working?

Hmm an outside chance.

I have 2 60gb PS3's both faulty. One has YLOD and one will not read discs of any kind but everything else is fine. These are both the backwards compatible versions for PS2 games with the card readers extra USB's. PS3's are too technical for me to fix so anyone want to swap for one working 60gb PS3 of the backwards compatible variety?

My plan for these was to put the blu ray laser from the YLOD console into the non reading one. They have now been on the shelf for 6 months so time to accept I wont get round to doing this. I bought eh YLOD console from someone I know and it was reading discs prior to having the YLOD so this should be no problem.

I have all the PS3 stuff I need so if anyone is up for this I dont need wires controllers etc so just consoles for console.

Any takers, or alternative offers?
Old 11 June 2010, 15:26   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If you live near oxford we could have a go at fixing them both. I've got a BGA re-work station here at work which you need to re-flow the solder on the main chip to fix YLOD.
Old 13 June 2010, 13:41   #3
Smiley
Amiga-less!

I would be interested in buying the one that doesnt read discs if you have a price in mind.
Old 13 June 2010, 14:29   #4
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

YLOD can be fixed relatively cheaply these days, lots of console fixers do it, the other PS3 with the non-reading of discs is a common fault with the earlier Blu-ray laser diode failing, these can also be replaced.

Both your machines are worth good money as they no longer do the PS2 compatible option.
Old 13 June 2010, 16:25   #5
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Galahad

Back in the day I was going to plumb for a PS2 compatible PS3 and yomp in a larger Disk, but after a several months of "hum and har" I realized that -

"Hey... I already have a PS2 that I chiped myself and its got a 300GB HDD"

Seemed silly paying more for lesser than the same thing I already had =(.

However the only thing I do miss is the option to RUN linux on my 250GB PS3 Slim, but after I put in Bionic Commando or Ridge Racer 7... that "i miss that linux opportunity feeling" seems to ebb away...

Its no matter in year or so there will be a mod-chip for the Slims, and when that happens =D
Old 18 June 2010, 12:23   #6
blast
Total Numpty

Thanks for all the replys. Not sure what I will do with them yet. Dont live near Oxford sadly but thanks for the offer. I will look at price of getting them fixed maybe the YLOD one is orht worth the fix and the non reading one not.

Hmm will have to decide
Old 18 June 2010, 12:44   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Where do you live?
Old 18 June 2010, 18:32   #8
blast
Total Numpty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Where do you live?
North Bristol
Old 18 June 2010, 18:55   #9
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast View Post
North Bristol
Haha!

I'm in Bath!
Old 14 June 2011, 04:12   #10
Bobette

Quote:
Originally Posted by blast View Post
Hmm an outside chance.

I have 2 60gb PS3's both faulty. One has YLOD and one will not read discs of any kind but everything else is fine. These are both the backwards compatible versions for hack xbox 360 games with the card readers extra USB's. PS3's are too technical for me to fix so anyone want to swap for one working 60gb PS Jailbreak of the backwards compatible variety?

My plan for these was to put the blu ray laser from the YLOD console into the non reading one. They have now been on the shelf for 6 months so time to accept I wont get round to doing this. I bought eh YLOD console from someone I know and it was reading discs prior to having the YLOD so this should be no problem.

I have all the wifly-city stuff I need so if anyone is up for this I dont need wires controllers etc so just consoles for console.

Any takers, or alternative offers?

The other PS3 with the non-reading of discs is a common fault with the earlier Blu-ray laser diode failing, these can also be replaced.