English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 October 2022, 23:43   #641
NovaCoder

I've got no idea sorry. It was just a quick feature I added for someone and I only tested it with the Discworld collectors CDROM edition.

I downloaded the ogg files from here https://www.pixelrefresh.com/product...ld-soundtrack/

And then I used this to convert the ogg files to wav files https://convertio.co/

Just make sure you are using AHI v4.18 and that it's configured properly [ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 October 2022, 14:09   #642
coachman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I've got no idea sorry. It was just a quick feature I added for someone and I only tested it with the Discworld collectors CDROM edition.

I downloaded the ogg files from here https://www.pixelrefresh.com/product...ld-soundtrack/

And then I used this to convert the ogg files to wav files https://convertio.co/

Just make sure you are using AHI v4.18 and that it's configured properly [ Show youtube player ]

Thanks for the info. The above mentioned converter seems to use default option WAV PCM_S16LE (16bit stereo, little endian) for audio track from LOOM CD VGA talkie. The sampling rate is 44.1 kHz as in the original CD. The produced wav file, however, causes a crash (red guru) with ScummVM_AGA 1.9.0. One posible reason is that the file is really huge (almost 600 MB) as all music and speech for this game is in a single track (Track01.wav). The other possibility is that the source audio for the Discworld that you mentioned uses a different sampling rate and resolution (e.g., 22 kHz 8bit), and your quick feature counts just with that format...?

In any case, if you could find some time to clarify the wav support for audio tracks in ScummVM_AGA, I believe many classic Amiga users would appreciate it
Old 08 October 2022, 14:11   #643
coachman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachman View Post
Thanks for the info. The above mentioned converter seems to use default option WAV PCM_S16LE (16bit stereo, little endian) for audio track from LOOM CD VGA talkie. The sampling rate is 44.1 kHz as in the original CD. The produced wav file, however, causes a crash (red guru) with ScummVM_AGA 1.9.0. One posible reason is that the file is really huge (almost 600 MB) as all music and speech for this game is in a single track (Track01.wav). The other possibility is that the source audio for the Discworld that you mentioned uses a different sampling rate and resolution (e.g., 22 kHz 8bit), and your quick feature counts just with that format...?

In any case, if you could find some time to clarify the wav support for audio tracks in ScummVM_AGA, I believe many classic Amiga users would appreciate it

P.S. My AHI version is 4.18, properly configured and works flawlessly with ScummVM_AGA - so this is not an issue.
Old 08 October 2022, 22:30   #644
Solo Kazuki

@NovaCoder
Thank a lot for supporting again AGA in Your ports! I'm very grateful for this.
Old 09 October 2022, 08:46   #645
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
@NovaCoder
Thank a lot for supporting again AGA in Your ports! I'm very grateful for this.
No worries my friend, thought I do one final release
Old 12 October 2022, 00:01   #646
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
No worries my friend, thought I do one final release

Wow wow wow
Old 18 October 2022, 21:10   #647
Estrayk

@NovaCoder can you try to compile a version of ScummVM 2.0.0 JUST WITH the game-engine for Gabriel_Knight?

https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Gabriel_Knight

I read here: https://downloads.scummvm.org/frs/sc...0/ReleaseNotes
That they added "New SCI2/SCI3 - engines" in that version, really we dont need any SCI3 game. Just that one with SCI2.

many people think (myself included) that it is one of the best games made by Sierra, if not the best. It would be a wonderful gift for the whole Amiga community to be able to play it on our machines. With shapeshifter we can't use midi or use localized versions in our native languages. Thank you very much Nova

Last edited by Estrayk; 18 October 2022 at 21:21.
Old 19 October 2022, 00:17   #648
grelbfarlk

Actually you can use midi with Shapeshifter.
http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/MidiShape

Not that Novacoder shouldn't do it anyway.
Old 19 October 2022, 15:37   #649
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Actually you can use midi with Shapeshifter.
http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/MidiShape

Not that Novacoder shouldn't do it anyway.
I tried MidiShape and doesnt work with Gabriel Knight.
Old 19 October 2022, 17:21   #650
Aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
I tried MidiShape and doesnt work with Gabriel Knight.
GK MIDI does work, but iirc Sierra's Midi Utilities freezes on Shapeshifter, so the midi device must be selected on other emulator. [ Show youtube player ]
Old 19 October 2022, 22:57   #651
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
GK MIDI does work, but iirc Sierra's Midi Utilities freezes on Shapeshifter, so the midi device must be selected on other emulator. [ Show youtube player ]
I checked several sierra games with shapeshifter via MidiShape and some works and another ones not. Gabriel Knight MIDI doesnt work in my A1200.
Old 20 October 2022, 03:15   #652
grelbfarlk

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it would definitely would work with Gabriel Knight in Shapeshifter, I just meant that hey you can use Midi in Shapeshifter-sometimes.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 20 October 2022 at 05:25.
Old 20 October 2022, 16:06   #653
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it would definitely would work with Gabriel Knight in Shapeshifter, I just meant that hey you can use Midi in Shapeshifter-sometimes.
ok, no problem.
Old 21 October 2022, 05:55   #654
grelbfarlk

Since Novacoder is probably unwilling to fix the Mac version of Gabriel Knight for Sierra's midi extension in Shapeshifter, I'm just going to go ahead and approve that he build this version of ScummVM 2.0.0 for it. Unless it's just easier to use WAV soundtracks for it which might use a little more CPU, but not so much more than with midi support, while still sounding as good. He can just optimize for that. Approved.
Old 21 October 2022, 09:52   #655
Aardvark

As i said before, only problem with GK's midi in SS is the "Midi Utilities" program which chooses the music driver. Workaround is to run it on other emulator, then copy "data1" file back to Shapeshifter HD. I uploaded modified data1 files here, one for General Midi, other for MT32. https://mega.nz/folder/wsRCGbaJ#n2_iEUtmSIprH_qtGmruEw Sorry to derail this thread.
Old 27 October 2022, 10:41   #656
lioneer

Hi friends, how can i force ScummVM 1.9.0 to run in lowest resolution as possible? (for dos games) 320x240 or similar? Because in higher is speed very low and text is blurred (or antialiased). Some modification in scummvm.ini or icon tooltype? Thank you
Old 27 October 2022, 11:42   #657
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioneer View Post
Hi friends, how can i force ScummVM 1.9.0 to run in lowest resolution as possible? (for dos games) 320x240 or similar? Because in higher is speed very low and text is blurred (or antialiased). Some modification in scummvm.ini or icon tooltype? Thank you
You mean for the AGA version of Scummvm? If you turn off the aspect scaller option in the Scummvm launcher then it will run at the game's original DOS resolution. If you want to get rid of the black bar at the bottom of the screen for some games then run it with the NTSC tooltype option (obviously you need to have actived the NTSC monitor type first).

What game are you trying to play?

Only the RTG version has a 2x scaller, AGA only has the aspect ratio scaller

Also, make sure you watch my AHI setup video to get the best performance.

I assume you running this on a real 060 CPU?

Last edited by NovaCoder; 27 October 2022 at 11:50.
Old 27 October 2022, 12:26   #658
lioneer

Quote:
You mean for the AGA version of Scummvm? If you turn off the aspect scaller option in the Scummvm launcher then it will run at the game's original DOS resolution. If you want to get rid of the black bar at the bottom of the screen for some games then run it with the NTSC tooltype option (obviously you need to have actived the NTSC monitor type first).

What game are you trying to play?

Only the RTG version has a 2x scaller, AGA only has the aspect ratio scaller

Also, make sure you watch my AHI setup video to get the best performance.

I assume you running this on a real 060 CPU?
Yes sorry, i am trying RTG version (only option on my 060 DraCo computer). And game is Lands of Lore. So i need only 320*240 resolution, or similar for best speed. AHI is 4.18 and toccata sound card. Thank you
Old 27 October 2022, 12:40   #659
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioneer View Post
Yes sorry, i am trying RTG version (only option on my 060 DraCo computer). And game is Lands of Lore. So i need only 320*240 resolution, or similar for best speed. AHI is 4.18 and toccata sound card. Thank you

For RTG, make sure the scaler is set to default and not 2X.

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 October 2022, 13:15   #660
lioneer

Novacoder: Hmm i dont know why, ScummVM 1.5.0 is 3x faster. With 1.7.0 i have problem always with kyra.dat file (i am using only one kyra.dat for every version). 1.9.0 is running but veeery slow. And i think i have fastest classic "amiga" (DraCo 060/50MHz, Altais RTG Card, Toccata sound card, very fast RAM speed, fast SCSI2....) For scaler you mean Graphics mode in main menu? Because in 1.9.0 i have slow mouse pointer too...