Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 March 2019, 10:52   #41
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
Hi AmigaKit,

It is nice that you advertise products on EAB but it would be even nicer if your delivered the goods that are ordered through your website.

I'd like to receive the book I ordered december 14th!

Order Number: 53716

Your order shipped same day you placed order. We can provide proof if required.
This thread has nothing to do with your issue. You could have just as easy PM'ed. Instead of trashing a thread.
Old 06 March 2019, 21:15   #42
Crown
Demoscener

I have written numorous emails without answers and I have never received what I ordered and paid for. I have asked for either a refund or for you to send me that book!

Since you are not treating your clients in a fair way, I am spreading the news online.

I have been more than patient I think and I don't seem to be the only one having issues with your company

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Your order shipped same day you placed order. We can provide proof if required.
This thread has nothing to do with your issue. You could have just as easy PM'ed. Instead of trashing a thread.
Old 07 March 2019, 10:25   #43
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
I have written numorous emails without answers and I have never received what I ordered and paid for. I have asked for either a refund or for you to send me that book!

Since you are not treating your clients in a fair way, I am spreading the news online.

I have been more than patient I think and I don't seem to be the only one having issues with your company

Im not replying any more here. I have already said, you could PM. Instead of derailing this thread. From what I can see, it went to your Office, have you asked around to see if it has arrived. Have you contacted your local post office, incase they have it.

Can a MOD, please remove these from this thread as it has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 07 March 2019, 10:42   #44
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Can a MOD, please remove these from this thread as it has nothing to do with this thread.
Previous 4 posts move here from the Personal Paint (PPaint) 7.3c Released thread.
Old 07 March 2019, 19:15   #45
Crown
Demoscener

What do you think that I have been doing for the past 2,5 months? I of course went several times to the post office and checked at work but it never reached me.

You not answering to emails and just saying that you sent it is not the proper way to handle clients' orders.

So either you refund me or send me the book!

This is fairly simple!

Quote:
Im not replying any more here. I have already said, you could PM. Instead of derailing this thread. From what I can see, it went to your Office, have you asked around to see if it has arrived. Have you contacted your local post office, incase they have it.

Old 03 May 2019, 18:34   #46
marlo

Beware of buying in AMIGAKiT

If you want to buy safely in the shipment it is not convenient to do it in AmigaKit, I do not know what kind of service they use, and to inform tracking number nonexistent.
Old 04 May 2019, 02:31   #47
Pyromania

I’ve always gotten shipments from them fast and with no problems at all. Also, I’ve bought from them for many years so consistent quality service over a long period of time.

Last edited by Pyromania; 04 May 2019 at 02:33. Reason: Update
Old 04 May 2019, 07:12   #48
systmcrsh

^ same as pyro, i've always had a good experience ordering from them from the usa
Old 04 May 2019, 07:52   #49
theq
Registerdeaded abUser

Same here. Although mail is very slow from the UK now, I have always received my orders (and Norway being a non-EU country).
Old 04 May 2019, 10:58   #50
Dagger

Never had any problems. Amigakit UK have always supplied the items I requested within a week.
Old 04 May 2019, 11:50   #51
jotd
This cat is no more

Well, I'm somehow "relieved" because the last message AmigaKit sent me was then:

On 31/12/2018 17:52, Amiga Kit Sales wrote :
> Hi
>
> We are still awaiting the Sum CD32. Would you like us to part ship the other items ?
>
> Happy New Year.

I replied "no I'll wait".

Still waiting...
Old 18 October 2019, 01:39   #52
Cooljerk

So, to probably nobody's surprise, since their last messages to me ITT, there has been ZERO communication back. And after contacting individual computers myself, the ACA1233n is discontinued, so they will never fulfill my return request apparently.

BUT, today someone pointed me to this: http://amigakit.amiga.store/product_...oducts_id=1296

The successor product, IN-STOCK on Amigakit, right now. Send me this card instead, because you will NEVER fill my ACA-1233n order. This card is actually even $10 less than the card I bought originally, so send me this card instead and I'll call it even, and we'll never have to deal with each other ever again.

I paid real money -- then MORE money to ship my dead card back at AmigaKit's request, they should be able to send me SOME sort of similarly priced working product that they have in stock, right?

Pics of the email receipt from 2017 to show what I paid for the ACA-1233n:

$225.99

The current price of the ACA-1221ec is:

Keep in mind, the ACA-1221ec has a slower clockspeed and less RAM than what I ordered, but I just don't care anymore. I just want SOMETHING in my hand that works so I can feel like I haven't been ripped off.

Last edited by Cooljerk; 18 October 2019 at 01:49.
Old 18 October 2019, 13:50   #53
Glen M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljerk View Post
Keep in mind, the ACA-1221ec has a slower clockspeed and less RAM than what I ordered, but I just don't care anymore. I just want SOMETHING in my hand that works so I can feel like I haven't been ripped off.

Its also not an 030 accelerator. I know your fed up with this but can you not simply get a refund for the faulty product that you returned then buy an actual 030 accelerator from another source?
Old 18 October 2019, 15:47   #54
Cooljerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Its also not an 030 accelerator. I know your fed up with this but can you not simply get a refund for the faulty product that you returned then buy an actual 030 accelerator from another source?

They won't offer a refund, hence why I keep at this a couple of times a year. Believe me, if I could get a refund, I absolutely would.

I mean, as is, they have had my $226 for 2 years now and I have nothing in hand for it. Not even a broke card, literally nothing.
Old 19 October 2019, 03:14   #55
Cooljerk

AmigaKit contacted me today and we've reached an agreement. It seems they managed to source a different, repaired ACA-1233n for me, and will be sending that to me, not an ACA 1221ec. They said they've soak tested the ACA-1233n and haven't seen problems, so I'm hopeful. They also will be paying the shipping back.

This is all I've wanted from the very beginning, honestly. While I still am irked at how long it's all taken, if I wind up with a working product in hand, that's all I've been asking for and I'll be satisfied.

Just wanted to update.

Old 19 October 2019, 11:12   #56
DamienD
Banned

Good news Cooljerk

...but sad that you've had to wait sooooo long and resort to posting your experience here, which probably helped in getting a result.

AmigaKit really need to pull their socks up and provide better customer service!!!
Old 19 October 2019, 16:54   #57
Cooljerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Good news Cooljerk

...but sad that you've had to wait sooooo long and resort to posting your experience here, which probably helped in getting a result.

AmigaKit really need to pull their socks up and provide better customer service!!!

I own my own business as contract labor and, when I was younger, I worked at the bottom rung of the service industry, so believe me, I understand cranky, and unreasonable customers and never want to be one. And it definitely gives me no pleasure to publicly rake another company over the coals, I normally feel a kindred towards other small companies. I can understand when things come up, or operating at razor thin margins. Just make sure people are taken care of!