English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 August 2019, 14:34   #1
Glen M

Any users from Northern Ireland?

I'm just wondering what the base of users here are in Northern Ireland?

The point of asking is that other than the Amiga Ireland meet there seems to be little more happening so perhaps if there was enough interest we could organise a Northern Ireland meet?

Nothing to elaborate just say a few fellow Amiga folk get together to play a few games and show off your machines. I was thinking of a small function room in some hotel or perhaps even in a community centre somewhere for a few hours.

Any thoughts?
Old 29 August 2019, 14:57   #2
Daedalus

There are a few users in Northern Ireland alright. DDNI is one who's a regular at the Amiga Ireland meetups, though he's not often on the forums. He was actually talking about arranging a small meetup in NI at some point - might even get a few visitors from further afield
Old 29 August 2019, 16:53   #3
Glen M

It was your post on meeting in Scotland that put the idea in my head. I suppose I could always get on a boat haha.

I will be at Amiga Ireland 2020, unfortunately missed out this year due to cash flow (or lack there of) and no-one to go down with as for whatever reason my wife didn't see it as the fun weekend away that I did...
Old 29 August 2019, 17:38   #4
Daedalus

Haha, that's likely a common problem It might be worth asking around to see if anyone else is travelling down - there might be a few you don't know about. There'll also be lots travelling from Dublin, so getting the train down and then heading across with others could be an option.