English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 June 2019, 21:19   #361
ItsTheSmell

Good, facebooks a virus
Old 14 August 2019, 09:19   #362
jurassicman

This seems a great game... any news about it?
Old 01 September 2019, 12:41   #363
Marskilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicman View Post
This seems a great game... any news about it?
In January 2018 a video has been posted on Youtube, planning the release for summer 2018 : 9 months of work were planed.

Unfortunatly heavy problems happened.

Selfishly, I would really appreciate to have more info of what remains to be done and a release date estimation.
Old 01 September 2019, 15:09   #364
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hello again!

Another update on what is going on behind the scenes. I recently moved in with my G.F after losing my homes when funds ran out, and this was a huge job as I have moved cities and I have a lot of heavy machinery/equipment...but all of that is now sorted out!
Work continues on Scourge, and will actually be ramped up very shortly actually as we fully intend to have this game released as soon as humanly possible.

I apologise for the lack of updates, again, so much is happening behind the scenes that affect production, I wish it wasn't so but there you go!

I am incredibly proud of the work done of this game so far, it's immense fun to play and we can't wait to share it with you.
Old 01 September 2019, 15:16   #365
DamienD
Banned

Hey there Wayne,

Really sorry to hear about loosing your house when funds ran out

...I know you want to give this game away for free but you should really consider selling it (as many people with high quality games do). There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, not going to earn you mega bucks but it can surely help a little with your situation.

Anyway, take your time man and finish / release when things calm down a bit. We are patient
Old 01 September 2019, 15:40   #366
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I think the same. You could contact Protovision or RGCD. Both would surely help to setup a Digital Download version. No need to rush things. Release it when it's done.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 01 September 2019 at 15:53.
Old 01 September 2019, 15:48   #367
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks guys

We have planned a physical release ourselves (once the Special Edition is made, as we are tied to our partners at A1200.net to produce that by the end of the year) for those that want it, but we set out to make this game a free game upon completion and I am committed to that, but as you say, selling some physical copies wouldn't hurt

My life was plain sailing until about 2015 haha, after that it appeared to start going tits-up! But I am seeing it as a series of challenges to overcome. The game is so close to being finished now and will serve as a kind of personal legacy for me as I always wanted to make a game of this quality for Amiga. I have ideas and plans for other games that I hope to create one day, so who knows....this could be the start of a series of games that Magnus and I create!
Old 01 September 2019, 15:50   #368
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Really sad about your situation, but happy to learn that all is now sorted out.
Like my two opinants, think you may consider to sell your game. As said, you won't become rich but it may help (as we say in FR : un peu de beurre dans les épinards (A little butter in the spinach)).

Edit : you wrote faster than me
Old 01 September 2019, 15:55   #369
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post
We have planned a physical release ourselves (once the Special Edition is made, as we are tied to our partners at A1200.net to produce that by the end of the year) for those that want it, but we set out to make this game a free game upon completion and I am committed to that, but as you say, selling some physical copies wouldn't hurt
Obviously it's your choice; but I would also sell "digital downloads".

...not everyone wants "boxed" stuff (I certainly don't); but would love a way to support you

Here's an example; recently I purchased the digital download of Reshoot R.

Sorry Richard, but to be totally honest; €29,95 for digital download was very steep indeed... but I still paid it

You could always charge something like £10 - £15 for digital download and that's a steal for this quality of game that you've worked hard on for over 4 years now

Quote:
My life was plain sailing until about 2015 haha, after that it appeared to start going tits-up! But I am seeing it as a series of challenges to overcome.
You and me both

Quote:
The game is so close to being finished now and will serve as a kind of personal legacy for me as I always wanted to make a game of this quality for Amiga. I have ideas and plans for other games that I hope to create one day, so who knows....this could be the start of a series of games that Magnus and I create!
Old 01 September 2019, 16:03   #370
Ami

So it isn't payable? Hey, I'm going to pay any price for this gem!
Old 01 September 2019, 16:34   #371
DamienD
Banned

I mean; yes we can always click the "Support" button on your website but...

It's sooooo hard to find though, so people miss it i.e. select "About" and then "Support".

Anyway, if you don't do a "Digital Download" then I'll just send another £100 pounds via the above... actually, now done anyway

...but not everyone will do that; best to provide a "Digital Download" IMHO

Last edited by DamienD; 01 September 2019 at 19:10.
Old 01 September 2019, 16:59   #372
Gzegzolka

Hello LordNipple, it is good to hear You have sorted Your life problems. As I write earlier I would love to see Your game finished and I would love to play it. I understand that real life is more important than hobby. I can wait Please made digital version also available for purchase. You can make some exclusive box versions and I am sure some people will buy it. I am not interested in physical release, I would like to buy digital one and enjoy it on my winuae. You have spend so much time on it that I think You deserve that money. You could make Your game available for year or 6 months only as digital / box and later make free downloads.
Old 01 September 2019, 17:12   #373
DamienD
Banned

Oh, I forgot to mention.

You should all go to Wayne's webpage and read his story as it's really inspirational.

Well done for not listening to your teacher and pursuing what you love; and for overcoming being colorblind yet creating truly amazing work

Edit: the whole website is amazing; from the Gallery to the timelapse Videos

Last edited by DamienD; 01 September 2019 at 17:56.
Old 01 September 2019, 18:02   #374
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks again for the messages of support and the advice regarding the digital download. Those things will have to be discussed with Magnus but I am open to the suggestion

Thanks again Damien! Being colourblind makes things very interesting indeed! Most of the time I can wing it and get away with it, other times I can screw up and make something look very odd indeed...but it makes for an interesting experience haha (for others too)
Old 01 September 2019, 19:35   #375
cloverskull

Why not make it donation ware? I typically donate in these cases. Even a couple quid here and there can help.
Old 01 September 2019, 19:45   #376
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
Why not make it donation ware? I typically donate in these cases. Even a couple quid here and there can help.
The problem with "donation ware" is that most people don't bother...

Best if people purchase in order to show their support IMHO

...even if it's say £15 pounds; what's that at the end of the day? A take away meal? Hardly much for supporting an artist / game developer who's spent over 4 years creating this masterpiece.

Anyway, if you want to donate to Wayne then do so here; as I've done numerous times now
Old 01 September 2019, 19:58   #377
ItsTheSmell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
The problem with "donation ware" is that most people don't bother...

Best if people purchase in order to show their support IMHO

...even if it's say £15 pounds; what's that at the end of the day? A take away meal? Hardly much for supporting an artist / game developer who's spent over 4 years creating this masterpiece.

Anyway, if you want to donate to Wayne then do so here; as I've done numerous times now

Admins: can you add a 'Thanks' button so people can show their appreciation without filling the servers with thankyou replies?
Old 01 September 2019, 20:01   #378
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheSmell View Post
Admins: can you add a 'Thanks' button so people can show their appreciation without filling the servers with thankyou replies?
A 'Thanks' button to where exactly?

Anyway, not possible on a vBulletin based forum as far as I'm aware...
Old 01 September 2019, 20:25   #379
ItsTheSmell

just checked the indiegogo page to see they only sold 6 cases for this game. A bit disappointing imo.
Old 01 September 2019, 20:30   #380
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheSmell View Post
just checked the indiegogo page to see they only sold 6 cases for this game. A bit disappointing imo.
Shocked and surprised

Another reason why we need to support Wayne / Magnus through game purchases; as that's the only real way to show support