English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 February 2019, 00:28   #1
kevlarian

WinUAE Performance Issues.

So I had this unused Asus E200H that has an Intel x5-Z8350 processor, along with 4 GB or RAM. I thought I would dedicate it as an Amiga Laptop through Emulation through WinUAE. I know it's not the fastest, but CPU and GPU are better than a Raspberry Pi, and I'm super happy about the performance I have on the RPi.
I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 (64bit) on the ASUS, and installed WinUAE. That is the extent of it. I installed a Hardfile with WB3.1 + Classic Workbench (the same image that I used for my RPi) and the performance is _horrible_.

With JIT enabled, and running as an 020, I'm getting outstanding Dhrystone numbers

A600 WB3.1 020 w/JIT enabled
Everything is amazing, but when I attempt to run my 'test' using the 'State of the Art' demo, it runs like *crap*. Performance is horrible. Audio is chunky. Video is 'laggy'. It's essentially unusable.
Does anyone know what the issue could be. This should blow away the performance of the RPi, and the RPi works just fine. It's obviously an Video/Audio issue. I have the proper ASUS Video/Audio drivers installed on my laptop.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Old 20 February 2019, 15:12   #2
Mclane
Old retro god.

You may want to not insinuate its down to WinUAE to be fair, it reads like its that but you would be best advised to supply your config and you may be asked for a log of what its running and how..

Sysinfo isn't the best showcase of anything in regarding emulation..Its more a guide.

Get your config up here with specs and let the peeps see if they can help..
Old 20 February 2019, 16:33   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

First try normal A500 config (A500 quick start with most compatible or one tick from most compatible) when using A500 demos. Fast CPU won't help with performance and usually causes all kinds of problems.

If it is still horrible slow: it isn't CPU (host or emulated) related.