English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 28 July 2005, 19:50   #1
RussWWFC

Getting AMI-PC to work in XP

Hi

I've read the section in the FAQ about getting AMI-PC to work in Windows XP.

Elsewhere on the web\manufacturers website there is nothing of any use that I can find.

I have got the PC bit up and running (PC To Amiga.exe) and that appears to come up ok.

But when I click the "MountPC4KS2" file on the Amiga the disk just whirrs for a few seconds and no "PC Disk" icon come up on the workbench as it says it should do in the FAQ

Has anyone else had this problem

Also is it foolproof through Windows 98. I still have the CD of this and would consider using a dual boot system as all I want to do is transfer some ADF files back to Amiga floppies

TIA

Old 03 August 2005, 22:20   #2
RussWWFC

Anyone??

I'd even consider using other software if it helped but I like the (idea of) AMI to PC as it offers a simple "all in one" solution

Old 04 August 2005, 12:15   #3
OddbOd

My own experiences with Ami2PC have been largely negative, it worked OK on an old DOS 6 386, kind of OK on a Win98 Pentium1 and simply refuses to work at all for me under an NT based OS. Having read through all the documentation (again) and help posts that I could find trying to make it work I simply gave up and switched to APCComm. Yes it can be a pain in the arse to setup but so far it has given excellent service, personally I will not be wasting any more time on Ami2PC.
Old 04 August 2005, 12:39   #4
RussWWFC

Thanks for your help - I will take a look at that later when I get the time. I think its pretty disgusting that people are selling a product that does not work on the majority of computers that people are using at this current time and the only help being a 4 year old short document with no online support.