English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 01 May 2007, 11:22   #1
Xale

ppmore files on windows

First post guys so go easy on me!

Basically I have some doc files from the Amiga that I want to convert to a more modern format. At the moment they're in the ppmore format. I've managed to get them onto my Windows PC but can't find anything to open them.

Does anyone know of a program to open/convert them on the PC?

Old 01 May 2007, 11:42   #2
pmc
gone

From what I know, PPMore files are just standard text files but compressed with Powerpacker on the Amiga. I've never uncompressed a file like this on Windows directly but you can definitely do it under WinUAE by uncompressing the text file and then saving it to your hard drive / memory stick. You should then be able to load this uncompressed version into any Windows text editor...

If you haven't got WinUAE / Powerpacker and you're stuck, as long as you don't mind sending them to me I could always uncompress them for you and send them back to you as text files... Let me know.
Old 01 May 2007, 12:22   #3
Xale

I'll try the UAE method. I just thought there might be a WinRAR-style program to get the text file out.

Old 01 May 2007, 16:27   #4
TikTok

IIRC correctly there is a file manage called Total Commander that has a powerpacker plugin. Its an old program though, I don't know how well it would work on a modern version of Windows.
Old 01 May 2007, 20:18   #5
DamienD
Banned

Good suggestion TikTok

I use Total Commander with my WinXP SP2 computers but didn't realise there is a Powerpacker plugin

Xale, here are some links:

... Total Commander
... Various Plugins
... AmigaDX Plugin
... Powerpacker Plugin