English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Games images which need to be WHDified (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Liquid Kids (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=11020)

Galahad/FLT 27 August 2003 21:21

Those Typos

"Congratulation" = "Congratulations"

"Developper" = "Developer"

"You've Buying" = "You've Bought"

"The Fire Devil Took Wody-Lake" = "The Fire Devil Took WoodyLake"

etc,etc, etc....

Blitter bugs are now sorted, Liquid Kids now functions on AGA :)

Amiga1992 27 August 2003 22:47

I have just emailed the icon to you. I hope you like it!!!

When is the thing getting a release? Me can't wait!

CONGATURELEITION GALAHAD/FLT! YOU ARE GREAT PLAYER!

:D

Galahad/FLT 27 August 2003 22:54

Few more bugs....

1). Millions of Blitter waits installed
2). DMA bugs fixed
3). Loader interpreted for WHDLoad
4). Spelling mistakes fixed
5). Game exit to intro fixed
6). Ice PACK relocated to Fast Ram
7). Ocean France Intro bypass enabled
To do...

1). Keyboard routine
2). Sort out cheat mode so it doesn't screw up the game
3). Playtest the game through WHDLoad to check for screwups
4). Hiscore load/save to be done.

Its probably around 3 hours away from being complete once I get the trainer activated and playtest the whole game to ensure it gets to the end without bombing as Codetapper suggests it does on occasions.

You guys will be the first to see it :)

Amiga1992 27 August 2003 23:50

Did you get the icon alright? Was it of your liking, or way too crap?

7-Zark-7 28 August 2003 17:13

Reading the running commentary of Galahad & Codetapper brings back so many memories of cracktros to C64/Amiga games with proud boasts of being cracked,trained,levelpacked in a matter of days/hrs etc. (sometimes complete with a message about the sophistication of the copy protection!) :laughing

Some things never change!:cheese
At this rate I suppose we'll see a trained ADF version within a week!:D

Galahad/FLT 28 August 2003 21:30

WHDLoad BETA

Is in the zone... Do not spread please, because there are still some bugs to iron out like keyboard support and potential crashes later.

PRELOAD NOCACHE

Reports please

RetroMan 28 August 2003 21:53

Re: WHDLoad BETA

Quote:

Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
Is in the zone... Do not spread please, because there are still some bugs to iron out like keyboard support and potential crashes later.

PRELOAD NOCACHE

Reports please

Ok :) Just tested with WinUAE and WHDLoad 16.0, works fine (I played the first two levels) but the cheat mentioned doesn´t seem to work anymore :scream :cheese

Galahad/FLT 28 August 2003 21:56

Re: Re: WHDLoad BETA

Quote:

Originally posted by RetroMan
Ok :) Just tested with WinUAE and WHDLoad 16.0, works fine (I played the first two levels) but the cheat mentioned doesn´t seem to work anymore :scream :cheese
If its a keyboard related cheat, it won't work until I fix the keyboard code, but the game is being a bit bloody fussy about what I can and can't put in there. The Keyboard interrupt seems to happen when it feels like it..... which obviously isn't helful for a keyboard routine! :(

RetroMan 28 August 2003 22:02

It IS definitely keyboard related, as mentioned earlier in this thread, you have to go to the left in first level and get some extra lives, now you MUST use F2 to F7 to get out of there, so ......

But anyway, cheating sux :D

Nice work @Galahad, as allways :great

the wolf 28 August 2003 22:08

Just a word about the cheat...
It seems you must go at the very left corner of the screen before you can press the F keys...
I tried it a couple of times and seems to be as I've described...

the wolf 28 August 2003 22:14

Confirmed. I've just tried again...
Go to the left, pick up the 3 lives, THEN go again to the left (reach the end of the screen).
You MUST do this, otherwise the F keys won't work...

RetroMan 28 August 2003 22:14

Quote:

Originally posted by the wolf
Just a word about the cheat...
It seems you must go at the very left corner of the screen before you can press the F keys...
I tried it a couple of times and seems to be as I've described...

I know, the point is, it works with adf, but not with whd ;)

Amiga1992 29 August 2003 01:21

Downloaded it and gave it a quick test with the help of my girlfriend :)

Testing system specs: A1200, 030@50, no FPU, 32MB Fast, WHDLoad 16

- When you finish the first boss, if you chose the right door, the game screen gets fucked up for good, only way to recover ir is quitting and restarting (this might be one of those famous blitter waits?)

- A game engine-related thing that would be nice if it gets fixed.. Sometimes Hipopo won't fire its water-ball even if he has a handful of water. So you end up dying because the firebutton is not responsive enough. Could this be fixeD? Would improve playability tenfold. (so far is the only playabilityt mistake I found in it. Tis a bloody fast game, faster than the arcade maybe!)

I will report more soon :)

tomcat666 30 August 2003 11:07

Hey Galahad ! Good work on the beta install ! Anyway me and my gf also extensively tested it and here is the result :

- A1200 030/50Mhz/16mb (Blizzard)

The game works perfectly upto level 5 - when you start level 5 all graphics are corrupt and flicker A LOT, basicaly unplayable here.
Everything else up to there is perfect.

We could even get the cheat mode working - you need to keep pressing the F-keys for quite some time before it gets recognised and then it works !

Amiga1992 30 August 2003 17:28

Quote:

Originally posted by tomcat666
Anyway me and my gf also extensively tested it and here is the result
Does playtesting with GFs work better? :D It sure worked better here :D

tomcat666 30 August 2003 18:12

u see... when I load up a cutesy game like that and she is somewhere around it is bound to be taken over in a flash - and so it was... basically I had to finish one boss level, but everything else was her work. And she was bitterly dissapointed when she saw level 5 all screwed up like that... so Galahad - better start fixin' ;-)

And yes, it does work better with them ... somehow this is not my kinda game and I doubt I would reach level 5 on my own :-)

Codetapper 31 August 2003 01:52

Another spelling tidy up to do

Something fixed in my version but not yours (so far): On the attract mode it says:

From the Taito arcade game 'Liquid Kid'

It should of course say 'Kids'...

I hope you are having some luck with that level 5 problem. Things like that can be a pain in the arse to try and trace!

Amiga1992 31 August 2003 06:34

Did anybody try my bug? after the first boss, entering the door to the right? Or is this the level 5 you are all talking about?

My bug screws up the graphics and they never get back to work again. I have to quit and restart.

Steve 31 August 2003 11:18

I've not got too far in the WHDLoad beta version but it works well so far. I've not made it to level 5 though. It seems like a bit of a Rainbow Islands rip-off to me except it scrolls horizontally instead of vertically. And why is the game display in a tiny little square that takes up only half of my TV screen?

Antiriad 31 August 2003 15:25

Steve... it may indeed be sub Rainbow Islands, but its better to have it now than not eh? Methinks the euphoria surrounding this game is as much that as the game itself.