English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cant Get WHDLoad to install (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23497)

Sly294 26 May 2006 04:43

Cant Get WHDLoad to install

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, All

My problem is getting WHDLoad to install.
I use WinUAE 1.2.0 (32 Bit)
I installed Workbench 3.1... I managed to extract and install Picasso96 and Installer 43_3 .... through the guides on here.
i included a picture of what the error is... hope this helps as im really looking forward to installing some games on HDD. Thanks in Advance Sly294

adolescent 26 May 2006 05:46

Did you copy Installer to C:?

whiteb 26 May 2006 05:53

Its not difficult....., just put the main executables in C: like whdload, rawdic etc.

The screenshot tells me that you have not installed "Installer", its looking for installer in C: too. have you run the "Install" script for installer ?(i know that sounds funny).

While you are at it, get ahold of the Skick archive from Aminet, and install the "kickstart" directory in the archive, to Devs:
some of the installs need the RTB files to run.

CFou! 26 May 2006 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sly294
Hi, All

My problem is getting WHDLoad to install.
I use WinUAE 1.2.0 (32 Bit)
I installed Workbench 3.1... I managed to extract and install Picasso96 and Installer 43_3 .... through the guides on here.
i included a picture of what the error is... hope this helps as im really looking forward to installing some games on HDD. Thanks in Advance Sly294

verify you have 'installer' in 'c:' folder

Paul 26 May 2006 11:14

Looks like you missed this step.... In Cli/Shell type

Copy programs:Installer-43_3/Installer C: and press Return/Enter

Edited guide

Sly294 26 May 2006 13:54

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul
Looks like you missed this step.... In Cli/Shell type

Copy programs:Installer-43_3/Installer C: and press Return/Enter

Edited guide

You are right i did miss that step in your Guide.. the reason is because of this....(click Thumbnail)
I'll tell you were i installed WinUAE and made a HDD.. they are all in D:Program Files/WinUAE
i just dont know how to install the installer43_3 to C: ???? is that my actuall C Drive on PC ?

PS. thanks for the quick replies people much appreciated

kriz 26 May 2006 14:07

Why did you delete it ? What you should do is:

get lha.run from aminet.

copy it to c: (with mouse , drag and drop or from cli). Make sure you call it lha (just lha).

Then unpack the installer:
lha x Installer-43_3.lha ram: <- Opens lha, with the -x (extract) , then file and then output , here ram:)

copy ram:installer c:

Then run the Whdload installer, or any other installer :))

(The C: is just an assign to the folder DH0:C/ , or if you call main partition Dh1:c/ youll find the folder there...)

Paul 26 May 2006 15:48

Oh My bad... :scream :guru Now I see what I've done.:laughing

Remove the - before the 43_3

If following my guide, in cli you should type:

Copy programs:Installer43_3/Installer C:

Sly294 26 May 2006 16:51

thanks all very much as it is now sorted.
but guess what the problem was ?? i typed C: (capital C instead of a small c: ) Can you belive that ? all that confusion for me was all to do with a capital... or rather the not capital .... lol
thanks all very much for help.
as it stands i've installed WHDLoad and installed SWOS 95/96 clean edition and installed fine and also played fine untill i went to start a new career, which then it crashed all the time. any idea's ?
Regards...Sly294

pbareges 26 May 2006 19:20

get a real amiga!:)

Sly294 26 May 2006 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbareges
get a real amiga!:)

:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying
i did have one not so long ago but my daughter spilt milk over the keyboard and despite my efforts to soak it up quickly were in vain as everything packed up after that i began to get many of those errors that couldnt load games anymore :banghead:banghead
I still got all the games and workbenchs tho and loads more, and to be honest i was gonna buy another one on ebay probably soon as i do miss it.
it pains me to even remember the way my amiga past away :crying was a slow and painful death :crying

Graham Humphrey 29 May 2006 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sly294
thanks all very much as it is now sorted.
but guess what the problem was ?? i typed C: (capital C instead of a small c: ) Can you belive that ? all that confusion for me was all to do with a capital... or rather the not capital .... lol
thanks all very much for help.
as it stands i've installed WHDLoad and installed SWOS 95/96 clean edition and installed fine and also played fine untill i went to start a new career, which then it crashed all the time. any idea's ?
Regards...Sly294

That can't have been the problem though, as the Amiga treats c: and C: the same, indeed for any disk/drawer/file name it doesn't matter whether you use capital or small letters. E.g. if you had a disk called Games then it wouldn't matter if you typed GAMES: or games: or even GaMeS:

killergorilla 30 May 2006 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
That can't have been the problem though, as the Amiga treats c: and C: the same, indeed for any disk/drawer/file name it doesn't matter whether you use capital or small letters. E.g. if you had a disk called Games then it wouldn't matter if you typed GAMES: or games: or even GaMeS:

This does depend on the filesystem you use and what settings you set with that filesystem, but I agree I doubt that was the problem, as changing the filesystem is a lot harder than installing WHDload :)