English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2 x winuae for "lotus 2" 2 players ? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68529)

turrican3 26 March 2013 18:45

2 x winuae for "lotus 2" 2 players ?

is it possible to launch 2 x winuae and link them virtually to play lotus with 2 players ???? print cable linked if i remember well.
if it isn't for the moment could it be possible to implement ?

thomas 27 March 2013 14:17

If you know software which creates two virtually connected COM ports in Windows, you can configure the two WinUAE instances to use these two ports.

It's definitely possible to connect two WinUAE instances through a physical connection on a PC with two COM ports which are connected to each other with a nullmodem cable.

There might be another problem, though, because only the active instance receives input. The other instance can watch, but not act.

turrican3 27 March 2013 15:55

i forgot about it : The other instance can watch, but not act. :crying
too bad :crying

turrican3 27 March 2013 16:32

toni you can do something to make it possible ???
only toni can make it possible :great:great
there is many amiga games which could be played in this way.

Toni Wilen 27 March 2013 17:22

It can be done but I am not sure if it is worth the trouble, as usual :)

turrican3 27 March 2013 23:47

the most cool thing that you can do is through the winuae menu add the possibility to launch 2 amiga in one time and split the screen 1 part for the 1st and the second part of the screen for the second !!!!
that's the cool solution but surely the hardest for you.
or the launch of 2 winuae and the possibility to link them, surely easy for you, i think so.
if you have time to give it a try, thank you.:great

s2325 27 March 2013 23:48

There was some youtube video with Amiga linked with Atari ST to play first Lotus.

BippyM 27 March 2013 23:52

Toni, this is one of those totally pointless but fun features you always hanker for ;)

turrican3 28 March 2013 01:41

list of games which could be played 2 players on the same screen with this solution, but there is others i think.

http://www.amiga-online-games.de/gam...tribut=netzart

T_hairy_bootson 28 March 2013 04:08

Is this to hook two PCs up or run winuae twice on the same computer?

BippyM 28 March 2013 09:12

Run winuae twice

turrican3 16 July 2014 19:01

Do you think you will work on this toni ???
This is one of the 2 things i would like to see implemented in winuae... That with a kind of kaillera...
Toni is it in your planning ???? by the way thank you again for the fmv emulation.

Michael Sykes 16 July 2014 20:24

As Thomas pointed out we still have to conect the two instances of uae with a serial cable.
If it is ever done I would prefer a virtual link cable.
Maybe a checkmark in misc panel that,if ticked, would start the game twice and emulate a serial conection between the two Amigas.

Thinking of it,wasn't it possible to build a renderfarm with Lightwave? Running one instance of UAE per cpu core could give us a multicore aware raytracer on WinUAE. Well - some kind of...

Toni Wilen 16 July 2014 20:42

I forgot. Consider it done :)

Michael Sykes 16 July 2014 21:30

Thats like software on demand... :great

turrican3 16 July 2014 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 964635)
I forgot. Consider it done :)

Are you serious toni ? If yes ! :bowdown If not, good joke ! ;)
If you really did it, the biggest problem i see is : like the goal is to play to lotus 2 with link... the two amiga winuae windows must be active !!! and the 1st window could be playable with joy 1 and the 2nd with joy 2.
The 2 winuae screens should be playable at the same time. For the moment if i have 2 winuae screens open, i can control with the actived one but not the other.

Toni Wilen 17 July 2014 09:09

Yes to internal serial port, it will be in next beta.

Other part of your post: don't care at the moment. (EDIT: going to care a bit more, joysticks should stay active even when winuae is inactive. This is a bug or there should be option to allow it)

Toni Wilen 17 July 2014 12:57

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip

Internal serial port (Serial port list has new item, it works if you see [master] in first winuae instance and [slave] in second instance of winuae). Uses shared memory, no latency.

Option to not disable game controllers when inactive in pri&extension panel. (Disabling mouse or keyboard does not make any sense but you can still use joystick to play even if you attempt to use other keyboard or mouse based program at the same time :))

Retro-Nerd 17 July 2014 18:15

Works fine for Lotus II. Nice with 2 displays connected. :)

turrican3 17 July 2014 21:54

:great thanks Toni :great I'll just have a look soon :great
edited : It works better, thanks Toni !