English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amigasys 4 config not loading (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=73833)

drusso66 25 May 2014 12:33

Amigasys 4 config not loading

I am tring to install amigasys 4 using winuae 2.6.1, i have extracted the amiasys.exe into winuae dir, but c annot load the configuration file to start the install, if i select the load from option i can see the filr select it but it does not load. I have already installed ClassicWb and also AIAB to the same winuae dir without any problems the config files for these work ok .

FOL 25 May 2014 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusso66 (Post 956191)
I am tring to install amigasys 4 using winuae 2.6.1, i have extracted the amiasys.exe into winuae dir, but c annot load the configuration file to start the install, if i select the load from option i can see the filr select it but it does not load. I have already installed ClassicWb and also AIAB to the same winuae dir without any problems the config files for these work ok .

Need more information.
What do you mean C cannot load?

Do you mean when the emulator boots, it can cannot find C: drawer?

drusso66 25 May 2014 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 956200)
Need more information.
What do you mean C cannot load?

Do you mean when the emulator boots, it can cannot find C: drawer?

Sorry thats just a typo, basically i cannot load the Amigasys uae config file in winuae

drusso66 25 May 2014 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusso66 (Post 956206)
Sorry thats just a typo, basically i cannot load the Amigasys uae config file in winuae

Just tried with latest Winuae 2.8.0 exactly the same i can view the AmigaSYS
config file but it will not load, all the other configs created by ClassicWB and by AIAB load fine, even tried extracting AmigaSYS.exe again overwriting everything just incase the config file was corrupt, but made no difference.
Should I just load any A1200 config file and then load the AmigaSYS hdf manually and try to install it that way.

FOL 25 May 2014 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusso66 (Post 956211)
Just tried with latest Winuae 2.8.0 exactly the same i can view the AmigaSYS
config file but it will not load, all the other configs created by ClassicWB and by AIAB load fine, even tried extracting AmigaSYS.exe again overwriting everything just incase the config file was corrupt, but made no difference.
Should I just load any A1200 config file and then load the AmigaSYS hdf manually and try to install it that way.

Can you attach the config file you have.

drusso66 25 May 2014 15:19

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 956222)
Can you attach the config file you have.

This is the config file

FOL 25 May 2014 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusso66 (Post 956224)
This is the config file

Works fine here.

Whats your file paths?
I have mine set to WinUAE Dir and Relative paths.

drusso66 25 May 2014 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 956225)
Works fine here.

Whats your file paths?
I have mine set to WinUAE Dir and Relative paths.

i have tried Winuae Default (EXE directory) using relative paths option this enables me to view the AmigaSYS config if i choose load from option but does not load. Then i tried Winuae default (User Directory) using relative paths but this is even worse because i cannot see the config file even tough it is there.
I think maybe i should delete and try installing Winuae.

FOL 25 May 2014 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusso66 (Post 956226)
i have tried Winuae Default (EXE directory) using relative paths option this enables me to view the AmigaSYS config if i choose load from option but does not load. Then i tried Winuae default (User Directory) using relative paths but this is even worse because i cannot see the config file even tough it is there.
I think maybe i should delete and try installing Winuae.

Something is not right.
So when you click load, then check say CPU, has that changed to 040?

drusso66 25 May 2014 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 956227)
Something is not right.
So when you click load, then check say CPU, has that changed to 040?

I have just installed it, everything was loading all the options including the hdf files etc but just not showing up configuration tab, i have now saved a new config for the installed Amigasys and it seems to run ok.
Appreciate you help and advice, still might do a fresh install odf winuae and peobably set up Amigasys before any other packages see if that makes a difference.
Would you recommend the latest Winuae 2.8.0 for these packages Amigasys, ClassicWB, AIAB and possibly Amikit.

FOL 25 May 2014 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by drusso66 (Post 956229)
I have just installed it, everything was loading all the options including the hdf files etc but just not showing up configuration tab, i have now saved a new config for the installed Amigasys and it seems to run ok.
Appreciate you help and advice, still might do a fresh install odf winuae and peobably set up Amigasys before any other packages see if that makes a difference.
Would you recommend the latest Winuae 2.8.0 for these packages Amigasys, ClassicWB, AIAB and possibly Amikit.

Ah, Im guessing it, installed the config in the user/blah lbah folder instead of the WinUAE /configs folder.
It shouldn't make a difference though.

drusso66 25 May 2014 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 956231)
Ah, Im guessing it, installed the config in the user/blah lbah folder instead of the WinUAE /configs folder.
It shouldn't make a difference though.

That could be it especially since i have not installed Winuae mu C: drive but instead i put a backup drive which is O:
Just glad its all working ok, even though getting there was a mystery, thanks again.