English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Love Emulators? - Dgen & Hatari emulators (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=16693)

Paul 06 January 2005 12:17

Love Emulators? - Dgen & Hatari emulators

Amigaworld member fishy_fis has released ports of 2 Emulators for AmigaOS (68k) They are:-

Dgen is a 68k amiga os port of the popular sega megadrive emulator.

Hatari is a 68k amiga os port of the Atari ST emulator based on 0.50 sources. It suports all versions of TOS and limited Gem support. Also supports 68000/68020/68040 cpus, gfx cards and harddrives

All the above are designed for Classic/68k Amiga/MOS and Amithlon users.

Source: amigaworld.net

Frog 06 January 2005 13:03

an Atari emulator ! that's a good news, we were just talking about this few days ago. I just hope it don't ask too much cpu ressource.

oldpx 06 January 2005 13:11

Dgen was very good on pc before gens. Good work.

Amiga1992 06 January 2005 16:17

it surely runs like arse on an 030 anyway

keropi 10 January 2005 11:24

anyone tried dgen on 060 ??? is it any good?

Frog 10 January 2005 11:28

tried it on my 030 / AGA, didn't work. Cannot find a proper screen display or something like this :(

keropi 10 January 2005 12:22

I gues it is just a plain re-compilation of the source, no optimizations whatsoever...

commie1974 10 January 2005 15:16

Couldn't get Hatari to work on plain AGA/040 A1200 :(
Anybody write a few lines to help???
Is a gfx board REQUIRED?
For god's sake, why can MAC be emulated in such a brilliant way with SS & Fusion, and no reasonable ST emulator is available for AGA amigas?
Hope later versions of Hatari will include some proper docs, this is not usable so far...
Anyway, thanx to fishy_fis for the effort ;)

mrodfr 17 January 2005 20:16

hello,

Hum, my first post in eab. Hello to all ;)

There is a missing library in the archives (agd.library or something like that) but I don't know how It could be possible to found this library ???). See with snoopdos for correct name.

Sorry for my great english ;) and to this so sad first message (without funny picture at the right when I wrote).

bye and happy to be here with all of you.

Frog 28 January 2005 14:31

Hi MRodfr and Welcome to EAB ;)

in fact i even don't think to run Snoopdos to check if some libs were missing. Thanks for the hints !

Anybody find this agd.library out there ?

mrodfr 28 January 2005 17:47

Hello,

agd is a part of StormMesa, download: stmesa-libs68k.lha

http://www.haage-partner.net/downloa...rld/StormMesa/

Hope I haven't said a mistake. Just found, download but impossible to test. I must quit my home.

My first usefull message here ;)

The HATARI emulator use SDL.library (not tested also because no ROM for ATARI here.

As ALL could see, my english is in ahigh level

Hum, I like eab. I slowly learn all the possibilities of eab GUI. Need to found a special avatar just for me.

Frog 28 January 2005 21:23

Thanks for the link.

i'd transfert a TOS image tonight and the game crack'ed to see if it works ;)

About your english, check mine and others french eab members...:rolleyes

mrodfr 29 January 2005 08:59

Hello,

DGEN AND HATARI used also SDL. I have installed mesa libs 68x and try to launch dgen with a rom and Ihave:

5.CACHES:> dgen -f sonic1.bin
rc: Couldn't open rc file /.dgen/dgenrc, trying to create
rc: Couldn't create rc file /.dgen/dgenrc!
sdl: Couldn't init SDL: Found no sufficiently capable CGX visuals!
main: Couldn't initialize graphics! :rolleyes

Problem of SDL here. Work with 68x, SDL first ???

here voodoo3+P96+060.

I can't test HATARI (no TOS ROM here).

bye

Frog 29 January 2005 21:06

quite the same with Hatari :
Configuration file SYS:/.hatari.cfg not found
Could not initialize SDL.library
Unable to open a suited CGX.library

if only the author has given more info, perhaps we could get to run it.
Waiting for a next release with i hope more doc.
if ony

CU_AMiGA 31 January 2005 10:54

I wouldn'd mind hearing about the peformance of these 2 emulators. Another emulator i need information about is the AmiGNUBoy emulator. Does this work on AGA systems?

Regardsa,

Photon 12 March 2009 17:08

Could this be softkicked somehow? Seems like a good idea... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ta4OYhsEY

fishyfish 18 January 2012 15:17

Haha, sorry to resurrect an old thread guys, but I was kinda surprised to find this here.

Not really worth responding towards hatari as it's been maintained for 68k by someone else since version 0.80 or thereabouts.
Dgen never recieved updates, so this compile I did is probably worth the effort for uae/amithlon, and perhaps highly clocked '060 users (also requires rtg).
As I mentioned in a current thread I started here about amiga emulators, I mostly use my amithlon box for emulation so more or less did straight recompiles.

Damn, time flies :)

lost_lemming 19 January 2012 18:28

I looked at the thread title thinking it would be about something completly different, and disturbing, so I won't go there lol

tomcat666 14 January 2023 20:56

Resurecting an old thread...

Did anyone do a compile of a newer version of Hatari for 68k ? OS4 has version 1.9.0 and there are newer version out.