English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   slow down WHDload Games (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=60891)

source 05 September 2011 23:47

slow down WHDload Games

I was wondering if there is a setting for WHDload to slow down games. I just installed populus II on my 060 and the gamelplay is quite fast.

Harry 06 September 2011 00:03

I know of only one method on the native Amiga: Set the tooltype NOCACHE.

source 06 September 2011 00:06

I have tried that already.

fitzsteve 06 September 2011 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by source (Post 775718)
I have tried that already.

Have you tried tool types:

CACHE
NOVBRMOVE

source 07 September 2011 20:28

Tried those as well same affect.

Mad-Matt 07 September 2011 22:07

maybe try Nofast or expchip. Not utilising fastmem (apart from preloading) should apply the brakes on the 060.

source 10 September 2011 00:49

That seemsvto have worked. Thanks

DjDiabolik 13 October 2011 14:43

I have the same similar problems with another games.... installed on WHDLoad... it's Cruise for a Corpse!

I have use the ClassicWB installed on WinUAE 2.3.3.... configuration Amiga4000 Power.

When i play this games and other games run so speed and i want to slow it!

How i can configure this setting for try to slow down this specific games ??

*EDIT*
I have read on FAQ of WHDLoad:
Quote:

check the Tooltypes (or the options if started from the CLI/Shell), many things can be adjusted setting Tooltypes, there is hardware which requires that you set the correct Tooltypes, maybe your system is to fast - so set NoCache, some games are working only under PAL or NTSC - so try the Tooltypes PAL and NTSC, some extra hardware creates at random interrupts which confuses the installed games/demo - so try Tooltype NoAutoVec, sometimes also the Tooltypes NoVBRMove and NoMMU may help
I have put all this value.... "Nocache" "NoAutoVec" "NoVBRMove" and finally "NoMMU".... now the games goes a little more slowly but i need to use all this value or i can remove someone ?
How it's possibly to found the function of this value ?

Whit other games i have installed i have some glitches during the games..... i have read on internet some glicht it's been caused by JIT active.... how i can disable for a specific games ?

Mad-Matt 13 October 2011 15:28

Maybe something like this in your s:whdload.prefs will help :-

ExecutePostDisk=C:UAE cachesize 0 finegrain_cpu_speed 512
ExecuteCleanup=C:UAE cachesize 8192 cpu_speed max

It will dissable jit when ever whdload is launched and put it back when you quit to wb.

(UAE is just renamed "uae-configuration" file which can be found in Amiga Programs folder in winuae (move it over to emulated amiga ))

DjDiabolik 14 October 2011 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 780811)

It will dissable jit when ever whdload is launched and put it back when you quit to wb.

(UAE is just renamed "uae-configuration" file which can be found in Amiga Programs folder in winuae (move it over to emulated amiga ))

I can try.... from windows i have copy in c: the configuration of uea of a classic Amiga500..... i thinks i can load this...

I can choose to add this configuration on a single games ?

*EDIT*
I have try to add this on "Tool Types" after selected the executable of games.... i obtain an error say:
"ExecuteCleanup" error Code Dos 10.

I will try to add this line on WHDLoad.prefs...

*Definitive EDIT*
I try to add this exact line on WHDLoad.Prefs:
ExecutePostDisk=C:Amiga500.uae cachesize 0 finegrain_cpu_speed 512
ExecuteCleanup=C:Amiga500.uae cachesize 8192 cpu_speed max

I have removed all option NOCACHE etc etc from the "Tool Box" of games and launch it.
The games run so fast......... so much fast......... and when i select to quit i obtain this:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8...unti02m.th.jpg

Retro-Nerd 14 October 2011 21:17

Mmh never heard of "ExecutePostDisk", but "ExecuteStartup" should work fine.

Edit: Ah, a new feature. Strange, that it doesn't work for you.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=59133

Mad-Matt 14 October 2011 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjDiabolik (Post 780945)
I can try.... from windows i have copy in c: the configuration of uea of a classic Amiga500..... i thinks i can load this...

If I understand right, your using a configuration file from uae here ? Just to be clear, I mean the executable "uae-configuration" executable/program for setting uae options within the amiga environment. Its in the Amiga programs folder that comes with winuae.

DjDiabolik 15 October 2011 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 780994)
If I understand right, your using a configuration file from uae here ? Just to be clear, I mean the executable "uae-configuration" executable/program for setting uae options within the amiga environment. Its in the Amiga programs folder that comes with winuae.

lol... i don't have understand.... otherwise you are reason..... i have put here the name of winuae configuration i want to use.. it's wrong ?

rnuls 08 July 2017 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Matt (Post 780811)

Many big thanks :great , very usefull command tweak :great