English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   New to Emulation or Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   whdload key (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54205)

Jimbo 01 August 2010 23:41

whdload key

Hey guys

Maybe a pointless thread but I don't care really. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone behind the project. Thanks for all the packs, without whdload I don't think I would have ever gone back to the Amiga because of the loading times. Also thanks for the swift time it took to get the key, site states 3-4 days, mine was under 24 hours. Big thanks to TCD for all his help on the IRC channel.

So basically thanks for all your help :)

Cheers

TCD 01 August 2010 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo (Post 689103)
Big thanks to TCD for all his help on the IRC channel.

Aww, fanks ;) Have fun with your full WHDLoad version now matey and don't stay up too late :p

source 03 August 2010 04:01

From me too thanks I love playing my old amiga games again. I registered ywqars ago and have not looked back.

Emu Amiga 07 September 2010 12:57

Whdload key, best $30 dollars i've ever spent. Whdload project is simply brilliant! :great

Thorham 07 September 2010 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu Amiga (Post 698093)
Whdload key, best $30 dollars i've ever spent. Whdload project is simply brillant! :great

Indeed :agree Even if you don't play games that often, it's still worth supporting :great

roberthazelby 14 October 2010 11:11

Another thumbs-up, here.

I'd been using an unregistered version for a few years, and finally got my backside into registering week or so back.

The registration process was painless, and within a day or so I was the proud owner of my very own WHDload key.

I'd just like to thank everyone who has put so much time and effort into this.

Cloudane 14 October 2010 11:42

Yup yup, got my key within a day or so as well, very much worth registering and supporting :thumbsup:

Specksynder 14 October 2010 16:15

I bought my key one year ago, thank you guys for this brilliant project :great

Asle 14 October 2010 16:26

Never had a key. Never used WHDload for that matter :)
In fact, I don't really know what it is, so .. any light, anyone ?

TCD 14 October 2010 16:37

Have a look : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=5267 :)

HonestFlames 14 October 2010 17:55

It's a great project and I'd love to support it by buying a key, but however altruistic I like to think I am, I don't play enough games (nor often enough) to warrant the expense.

Having said that, I dare say I will buy a key at some future point - when I've got a bit more disposable income!

MethodGit 14 October 2010 19:08

£15 does seem much for such a tiny file. :p I'm pretty sure it was £10 when I registered it?

Jimbo 14 October 2010 19:14

I thought that as well. But after seeing how fast you can skip games without the nag screen I think it's worth £20 :)

Graham Humphrey 14 October 2010 19:34

I would go as far to say that it's the best £15 I've ever spent on something Amiga-related.

DaveMB 14 October 2010 20:22

just waiting for the key to come through:)

I have all the music demo packs from Killer Gorilla (main reason i started using WHDLoad) and they run flawlessly on my emulated A1200 (WinUAE).

To be able to boot any demo of my choosing with just a couple of clicks and return to the workbench to load a different one instantly with the push off a button and a couple of clicks is -for me- priceless.

£15 is a bargain :great

MethodGit 14 October 2010 22:48

While I'm without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt happy that I have my very own keyfile, I do feel the program was aimed mainly at those with newer Real Amigas. I mean, with WinUAE, if a program isn't working quite right on HD, there's always another configuration to try it on, and at no extra (hardware) cost. ;)

TCD 14 October 2010 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MethodGit (Post 708485)
I mean, with WinUAE, if a program isn't working quite right on HD, there's always another configuration to try it on, and at no extra (hardware) cost. ;)

Still there are a lot of games that you can't get to work from HD no matter what config you use.

kriz 15 October 2010 00:16

Bought it maaany years ago, its really important part of the Amiga scene!!! Thanks to developers, you truly ROCK... !

HonestFlames 15 October 2010 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by MethodGit (Post 708485)
While I'm without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt happy that I have my very own keyfile, I do feel the program was aimed mainly at those with newer Real Amigas. I mean, with WinUAE, if a program isn't working quite right on HD, there's always another configuration to try it on, and at no extra (hardware) cost. ;)

I wouldn't dream of bothering, if it's just for WinUAE! Got my A1200 all nicely configured now and I do have a small collection of WHDLoad games on there. I don't mind the wait but I am a bit annoyed that Dungeon Master 2 AGA won't work unless I register.

Jimbo 15 October 2010 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestFlames (Post 708608)
I wouldn't dream of bothering, if it's just for WinUAE! Got my A1200 all nicely configured now and I do have a small collection of WHDLoad games on there. I don't mind the wait but I am a bit annoyed that Dungeon Master 2 AGA won't work unless I register.

I don't think any Street Fighter games do either or Project X CD32 maybe even SE edition to

Could be wrong.