English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HELP: Winuae and Up Board/lattepanda (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=86499)

GraveyardPoems 23 March 2017 16:09

HELP: Winuae and Up Board/lattepanda

Hi guys, I have this card-sized PC with Windows 10 installed. The specs aren't "great" but almost good for a retrogaming use (cpu Atom X5 8350 quad core, 4gb Ram). I'm trying to use it with Winuae 3.4 64bit but I have some problem:
1- no fullscreen: if I would like to have a full screen sized picture I have to select full-window from the display tab
2- when loading a whdload games the audio isn't good: I have tried to increase the audio buffer to 10 but still some games aren't good as Aladdin Aga.

Can you suggest me a good Winuae setup for this pc ?
Will i have to use a previous version of Winuae ?

Thank you.

Amiga1992 23 March 2017 16:55

Try DirectDraw instead of Direct3D in the "miscellaneous" tab and see what happens.

Toni Wilen 23 March 2017 17:11

It sounds more like DirectDraw is being in use, which can be really slow in "too new" systems.

Make sure DirectX9 redistributable is installed. Yes, it must be manually installed. Full DX9 has never been included with any Windows version.

GraveyardPoems 23 March 2017 17:45

Thanks for the replies :)
directx 9.0c has been installed and i am using direct3d. I have tried directdraw but as you said the performance wasn't good so I haven't changed a thing in the miscellaneus tab.

Toni Wilen 23 March 2017 18:18

Then it is time for the usual: attach both logs and config. (Paths panel, tick logging option before starting emulation to force winuaelog.txt generation)

GraveyardPoems 23 March 2017 18:42

1 Attachment(s)
Here :) Thank you Tony

Toni Wilen 23 March 2017 19:44

winuaelog.txt has disappeared..

Try display -> double buffering. Some drivers may enable forced vsync in triple buffered mode.

GraveyardPoems 23 March 2017 20:13

2 Attachment(s)
I've tried as you suggested but sadly nothing has changed.
I have attached the files again :)

Toni Wilen 23 March 2017 20:30

Did you boot to emulation? It is only created when emulation starts. (Enable the logging stuff, boot to emulation, wait ~10s, then quit)

GraveyardPoems 23 March 2017 20:43

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Tony for the explanation. This is the right winauebootlog.txt
I've never did it before.

Toni Wilen 23 March 2017 20:55

winuaelog.txt from here is needed:

<snipped from winuaebootlog.txt>

Log (enabled): 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\WinUAE\winuaelog.txt'

GraveyardPoems 23 March 2017 21:13

3 Attachment(s)
Uh, I believed was the same file

Toni Wilen 23 March 2017 22:10

Log looks normal. But your config has JIT + approximate CPU speed combination that makes no sense. Set it to Fastest Possible. Switch also off More Compatible.

Does unexpanded A500 emulation work fine? Less CPU power required than AGA and >68000 CPU.

GraveyardPoems 24 March 2017 01:47

Thanks for the suggestion :) yes, the 500 emulation works fine.

Toni Wilen 24 March 2017 18:37

Enable on screen leds and check CPU% value. If it stays above 100% = not enough CPU power (or config is bad)

GraveyardPoems 24 March 2017 22:12

Today I have installed the latest release of FS-UAE for testing and worked well, same results with and old release of WinUAE (the 2.4). In this case I still have to check "full-Window" from the tab "display" (fullscreen didn't work: just a centered image), but it's ok, no soind problem. I have used the same cfg file created and used with the 3.4 64bit.
It's very strange.

reamigation 19 October 2018 19:28

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a 1st gen up-board with 4 gb ram sometime ago to fit it into a left-over A600-case and experienced some problems with winuae, too. Even when the cpu isnt working at full capacity (only about 30-40%) i got stuttering sound and no smooth 50 hz scrolling.

So i decided to use a more low-res screenmode and to turn off unnecessary tasks in win 10. I also installed directx 9 to test if it works better than dx11 with winuae.

One thing i also tried was to update the gfx-chip drivers via https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=80939
Changed nothing.
The only thing that really helped was to disalbe Chipset->cycle exact (Full) in WinUAE. Sadly i experience gfx errors or incompatibility in a few games with this setting. It's also impossible to use the new beam-raced vsync without massive stuttering and slowdown of the emulation.

To have a fullscreen 50 hz screenmode available (for playing scrolling games smoothly) i created a custom one which works fine and also doesnt make any thick black borders (see screenshot attachment).

For my taste games look really nice on non crt – screens with Point/Bilinear Filering on, Direct3D SimpleAA Filter and Scanline opacity set to seven and scanline level to 0.

Sadly it seems the up-board developers are not interested in improving the compatibility/system integration of their 1st gen product anymore.

Would be happy to see some more up-board/winuae users who perhaps managed to improve anything?

cheers