English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Back after 15+ years.. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71607)

nobrainer 27 November 2013 12:54

Back after 15+ years..

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hello, I've put my lovely Amiga 1200D back on the desk where it belongs and having fun again.. I was mostly playing games way back then.. forgot most of the stuff now, but learning fast, not to mention upgrading my miggy too.. she likes it most of the times but she also started complaining a bit.. hopefully I can tame the beast somehow :D

majsta 27 November 2013 12:58

That is amazing every time you see person back to Amiga. Welcome back I wish you lot of fun with Amiga. Most important thing that you will feel nice on this forum. We all feel that we belong to something in one big family.

supaduper 27 November 2013 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobrainer (Post 923733)
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hello, I've put my lovely Amiga 1200D back on the desk where it belongs and having fun again.. I was mostly playing games way back then.. forgot most of the stuff now, but learning fast, not to mention upgrading my miggy too.. she likes it most of the times but she also started complaining a bit.. hopefully I can tame the beast somehow :D

Tell your Miggy A1200 to `Hang on for the ride of its life!`

Things and time have moved on since the Naughties :)

Enjoy the Journey Grasshopper !!:D

nobrainer 27 November 2013 17:04

Thank you very much guys! :)

Phantom 27 November 2013 17:59

Never it's too late, welcome back.

DonAmiga 27 November 2013 19:21

Great Stuff :)

Welcome :)

Allen1 27 November 2013 19:23

Its always good to see people return to the Amiga :great

mrbob2 27 November 2013 19:45

Welcome back!

Will you be getting a ps4 or xbox one for xmas? nah il be getting an Amiga :-)

klx300r 27 November 2013 20:52

welcome back nobrainer:great

start off right and register WHDLoad!

nobrainer 28 November 2013 14:53

Thanks guys!

@klx300r

I've already got it registered, aca1232/33 and Indivision 1200 AGA MK2cr added, now enjoying a beautiful 1024x768 workbench screen, 4GB CF hard drive and ClassicWB. :)

The only thing is my PCMCIA slot started messing with me, so internet is no longer working, matter of fact, PCMCIA slot is not working anymore.. as soon as I insert a CF card or a ethernet card (which I was using for internet until 2 days ago successfully), my Amiga restarts automatically and boots into the "insertfloppy" screen?!

When I remove the CF/ethernet card from the PCMCIA slot.. it boots to workbench and works normally, but PCMCIA slot not working anymore... any of you got any ideas of what may went wrong here... or should I open a separate thread under "support"?

Thanks again!

supaduper 28 November 2013 15:29

I do not have much experience with the pcmcia slot on the A1200 but I know from reading on here it has lots of problems with add-ons and most times needs a timing fix I think. and have you checked for bent pins?, and also the swapping of cards on the slot will take it toll ie wear and tear.

I have basically the same hardware as you but I have a internal cdrom and a two-way external cf card poking out of the back of the 1200 which makes switching OS and adding files a doddle,I do use the PCMCIA on my laptop via winuae to make alterations and its a painless operation.
I would open a support thread like you mentioned

nobrainer 28 November 2013 16:02

Now when you mention the ACA timing fix issues... I remember i was enabling some settings yes, and Fitzsteve has just told me the same thing via PM, so I assume that may be the real issue.

Now, the last thing I did an hour or so ago was, I have removed the MS0, MS1 and DF0 from DOSDRIVERS folder, moved them temporarily into the TEMP folder, and now the Amiga doesn't even boot anymore, so now I am really you know where :D

I could go change the settings via ACATUNE, if I could at least boot, but I can't so...

Oh well, I will open a thread and see if anything can be done so I can boot successfully.

Thanks very much for your help Supaduper!

supaduper 28 November 2013 16:19

One thing I did at the start was to do a copy of the working WB 3.1 onto another CF card,they are cheap so do this and save yourself a lot of headaches in the future when you get going again.
DF0 is in the Boot rom so should still boot from floppy

nobrainer 28 November 2013 16:35

Will take your advice and do that, thanks much. I've booted in and copied those files back into dosdrivers and now it boots again, thanks. :) We can leave this thread now, sorry guys for all this mess.

supaduper 28 November 2013 16:39

Never opologise bud we are all here to help one another thats whats great about this site and the Amiga community in general, being an Amigan is frustrating its irritating its nerve wracking,but most of all its FUN !!
Good luck Grasshopper !!

lesta_smsc 30 November 2013 03:37

Welcome back! :)

nobrainer 03 December 2013 15:03

Thanks all!!

voxel 05 December 2013 20:39

Hello Nobrainer !

WELCOME BACK on the AMIGA tracks ^^)

Amigalement,
JF