English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HD install of the Workbench /system 3.1 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=1079)

Maverick357 13 August 2001 14:14

HD install of the Workbench /system 3.1

I have just try to install the workbench system on a new HD_file in place of a directory hd.

The emulator (Config Amiga 1200 AGA) have recognize the hd0 and i have formatted without problem.

When i have try to install the system on the hd0 (french option used) the system say that he cannot access to the hd (file xx in use i think but not sure).

Now i have try to boot from the disk(workbench 3.1) to start again, but the disk df0 is not booted, only the hd0.
And when i go to df0: it is okay, i can type loadwb and use the OS but when i start the install, the program ask an ENV disk(environnement variable if a remember of 10 years ago:confused )
and when i click cancel, i get an error message of 'Env variable too long', .
The install stop here.

Can you give me a help, i have never used an hd with my Amiga 500/1200 and i realize that 10 year after, i don't remember how to use the cli/workbench specials commands
:confused .

If you can give me a step by step, for installing an system on HD (on HD_file in that case) i will appreciate.

Thanks

Maverick357 13 August 2001 14:42

Ok, i have find why i cannot more boot from the worbench 3.1 disk boot.
The install disk had corrupt it (he asking to deprotect the disk workbench, and i deed it:sad ).

Now i have replaced the disk_01 of the workbench with a backup but i cannot install the hd_file.

I need your help, please.

Maverick357 13 August 2001 14:51

Ok, here is more infos:

After asking wich keyboard driver i need, the install program ask to deprotect the workbench 3.1 (again) and when i click "cancel", the error is: "Sorry... an error has occured. MAKEDIR: couldn't create a directory. Dos error type, unable to write to a disk, disk write protected"

I don't want install the Workbench 3.1 on ...Workbench 3.1 disk but on the hd !!!

I don't understand why the install program need absolutly write on the Workbench system disk:confused

If you can give me a step by step, for installing an system on HD (on HD_file in that case) i will appreciate.

Thanks

Maverick357 13 August 2001 15:12

Ok thanks to nobody.
I have found it myself.

In fact, you must boot on the install 3.1 disk after have formatted the hd0:.

Cannot be more simpler (but 10 years after without manual, it can be tricky ;) ).

In fact the installation is very easy (not like this shit of winblows).

Sorry for borring you with this help asking, now it is done.

Thanks ... to nobody;)

CodyJarrett 13 August 2001 15:22

Help

Glad we could help!

Amigaboy 13 August 2001 17:54

lol :laughing

Amusing indeed

Amiga1992 13 August 2001 20:30

Hehehe. Actually this was quite a productive thread for MAverick, don't you think? :) He's been asking many questions since he first posted here, and now he can solve his probs by himself like a champ.

Congrats Maverick :)