English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [AmigaCD] Wet - The Sexy Empire - .HDF & .LHA (for real Amiga users) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88884)

DamienD 05 October 2017 00:34

[AmigaCD] Wet - The Sexy Empire - .HDF & .LHA (for real Amiga users)

Heya guys,

This was a request from our new member; graduis3 :)

I do like a challenge, so tonight I have messed around trying to get the [AmigaCD] only game; Wet: The Sexy Empire running purely from a .HDF...

Man, it took me 4 hours to complete... I must say that this is probably the most difficult project I've undertaken so far for these reasons:

a) I don't understand a word of German.
b) After doing what I believed to be a "full" install (given the installer options), the game still wouldn't work without the CD-ROM mounted:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/10/08/002.png

So, I then had to work out the following:

a) What files on the original CD-ROM are missing from the installation directory.
b) What assigns are necessary to trick the Amiga into believing the CD-ROM was inserted.

Finally; I also applied the "wetpatch.lzx" file (whatever that does) ;)

Anyway, all has now been completed and I've created a self-booting / bare-bones .HDF :great

Grab the new file "Wet - The Sexy Empire AmigaCD HDF.rar" from the EAB File Server under /~Uploads/DamienD/HDFs.

Note: you need to set "2MB Chip & 8MB Fast RAM", plus a "68030" CPU is probably advisable (but not necessary)...

...so my German friends, please test and let me know if there are any issues :agree

gradius3 05 October 2017 00:43

:great:great:great You are truly unbelievable! What an effort! That was the last on my list I wasn't able to play. Until now. Hopefully others will enjoy this release as well. THANK YOOOUUUUUUUU!!! :D:D:D

DamienD 05 October 2017 00:45

...don't thank me yet my friend!!!

Please test thoroughly, save / load a game, play as far as you can etc. ;)

...but as mentioned; do let me know of any issues that you encounter and I'll try my best to resolve. Take screenshots of any errors and you may also need to translate to English for me though :lol

Daedalus 05 October 2017 00:46

Hahaha, wetpatch :D
</childish>

DamienD 05 October 2017 00:52

Yeah, poor choice of names for a patch :lol :lol :lol

...if anyone can actually tell us what this actually fixes (no details included); I got the patch from here.

Anakirob 05 October 2017 01:15

If somebody can make an English translation then I would be very grateful :P

DamienD 05 October 2017 01:44

Totally agree :agree

I would never have bothered trying to create a standalone .HDF version of this game for myself; as it's pointless to me without understanding German...

It's only that I'm a helpful guy and a new member requested it so I thought I'd give it a bash...

...so, are any of our German friends able to translate all text so we can then kindly ask one of the talented EAB coders to patch in order for us non-German speaking people to enjoy this game?

happymondays 05 October 2017 02:25

I haven't checked, but as this was also released for PC (also in English), maybe the files containing the text are interchangeable between the two versions and if not, the translations are still readily available in that version to acquire in a some way or other (if we assume the two versions are identical).

jPV 05 October 2017 07:21

I tried replacing PC version datafiles to Amiga version back then when the game was new, but I didn't succeed in it. I can't remember details anymore, so maybe someone should take a new look into it, but I'm pretty sure they aren't directly interchangeable and would need some hacking.

DamienD 05 October 2017 09:08

Cheers for the info happymondays and jPV ;)

...definitely worth looking into; there's nothing to lose by attempting.

zipper 05 October 2017 12:28

Patch, bereinigt Fehler in Level 2 = Patch, cleans up errors in level 2

zipper 05 October 2017 13:05

1 Attachment(s)
Quick Google translation of the manual:

DamienD 05 October 2017 14:27

Many thanks zipper :great

ma693541 06 October 2017 00:59

From Amiga Future; WetPatch - Patch, cleans up errors in level 2, but I don't know either what this patch does. Please someone, translate this game to English and best of all patch it so the game use the Workbench 2.1+ Localization system.

NeoHippie2016 07 October 2017 01:40

@DamienD: Please make also an lha file for my real amiga! And what about Reunion CD32? Yea, i know, questions over questions... ;)

DamienD 07 October 2017 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoHippie2016 (Post 1190346)
@DamienD: Please make also an lha file for my real amiga!

Hahaha, I knew that was coming... :p

I'll think about it, no promises though.

It won't be an easy one as some of the video files are very large i.e. bigger than 200MB so again I would need to do something like this.

Quote:

And what about Reunion CD32? Yea, i know, questions over questions...

I don't do "CD32" games as most of these have audio tracks.

Besides, just play these via WinUAE using a Quickstart CD32 or via your real AmigaCD32 console.

apex 07 October 2017 13:49

Sorry if I ask, are there any changes compared to my installation of this game + patch on my real Amiga with Vampire? :)

DamienD 07 October 2017 14:03

Nope, besides not needing the CD-ROM at all ;)

...with a "Max Install" the CD-ROM is still required for the videos and I believe some other files.

NeoHippie2016 07 October 2017 17:22

@DamienD: Reunion CD32 don't have any Audio Tracks! :)

DamienD 07 October 2017 19:28

Quote:

@DamienD: Please make also an lha file for my real amiga!

As I'm a nice guy, here you go ;)

Phew!!! After getting everything working, splitting the file, adjusting the script; it then took another 5 hours to .LHA everything up...

Anyway, here is the required process. Follow this exactly to letter:

a) Download the "WetAGA.lha" file from the EAB File Server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/LHAs".
b) Copy to somewhere on your Amiga's hard drive.
c) Extract to wherever you like.
d) Run a Shell, change into "<wherever you extracted to>/Wet/Data/Video".
e) Enter "script".
f) After completion, just to clean things up, enter "delete script".

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/10/07/001.png

All good to go :great

I've tested this in WinUAE and all is working without any issue.

...thread title adjusted accordingly.