English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.TOSEC (amiga only) (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ADFs - renaming / comparing / finding out if you have anything rare!!! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42963)

Methanoid 28 March 2009 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 529638)
Hey jrom,

Only the .ADF based DATS were included as listed in post #1 ...

Over the weekend I'll create the following:

... Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip
... Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined With Directories (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip

These will include all DATS excluding CD based ones ;)

FYI there seems to be a text limit to REBUILD options so best skip Commodore and just put Amiga and use Apps instead of Applications etc

BTW, why no CD? Why not the full Amiga/CD/CD32 dat?

Yeah greedy....

God I wish there were newer DATs out though.. i have 50gb not renamed!!

DamienD 28 March 2009 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methanoid (Post 529784)
FYI there seems to be a text limit to REBUILD options so best skip Commodore and just put Amiga and use Apps instead of Applications etc

Hmmm, I definitely haven't noticed that.

Just to make absolutely sure, I tested rebuilding using files with the longest filenames from some of the longest DAT / rebuild paths. Also used the directories specified in the instructions i.e. "C:\___ORIGINAL" and "C:\___FOUND". All rebuilt fine :)

I'm not saying that there isn't an issue with file / path length and ClrMAMEPro (probably really a "Windows" file / path length limit), but if use the directories as specified for the process you will be fine.

PandMonium 28 March 2009 18:53

Quote:

BTW, why no CD? Why not the full Amiga/CD/CD32 dat?

Yeah greedy....

God I wish there were newer DATs out though.. i have 50gb not renamed!!

Hi, don't have stats now but the non iso part didn't got much new sets since last rename so i bet your 50gb will be that way for some time :(
If they are isos you can get the latest ones from toseciso.org (from 2009-03 or something :p)

DamienD 29 March 2009 16:58

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 529959)
Hmmm, I definitely haven't noticed that.

Just to make absolutely sure, I tested rebuilding using files with the longest filenames from some of the longest DAT / rebuild paths. Also used the directories specified in the instructions i.e. "C:\___ORIGINAL" and "C:\___FOUND". All rebuilt fine :)

I'm not saying that there isn't an issue with file / path length and ClrMAMEPro (probably really a "Windows" file / path length limit), but if use the directories as specified for the process you will be fine.

Just a quick FYI post ;)

Yesterday I ran / rebuilt all my TOSEC Commodore Amiga files (minus CD / CDTV / CD32) through ClrMAMEPro using the Commodore Amiga - Latest Public DATS Combined rebuildto Directories - [Excluding CD - CD32 - CDTV] (TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).dat found in this thread.

All worked 100% so there's no issue with the destination path / rebuildto length as long as you use the one specified (or shorter) from the instructions :great

Methanoid 29 March 2009 22:16

Thanks Damien, I wasnt aware of that site. I'll run my CD stuff through that now... I found some newer SPS dats which helped tidy those up.

DamienD 30 March 2009 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methanoid (Post 530627)
Thanks Damien, I wasnt aware of that site.

Which site? If you're taking about the link above it's the "combined / rebuildto" DATs from the other thread I created.

Quote:

I'll run my CD stuff through that now...

Note that these "combined / rebuildto" DATs from the other thread only include the DATs from http://www.tosec.org/ i.e. "Complete_(TOSEC-v2007-03-14_CM).zip" and are not the latest ones from the TOSEC CD Dumping Project.

Quote:

I found some newer SPS dats which helped tidy those up.

Guess you're talking about the DATs created by Belgarath last year:

... Commodore Amiga - Coverdisks - SPS (TOSEC-v2008-07-23).zip
... Commodore Amiga - Educational - SPS (TOSEC-v2008-07-23).zip
... Commodore Amiga - Games - SPS (TOSEC-v2008-07-23).zip

I should really have used these plus the ones from the TOSEC CD Dumping Project when combining instead of the latest released public DATs from http://www.tosec.org/.

Maybe I'll create some more "combined / rebuilto" DATs next week ;)

rygar 30 March 2009 07:05

There is also never DAT for SPS:

Commodore - Amiga (20081218) by No-Intro Team:xmas

DamienD 31 March 2009 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by rygar (Post 530720)
There is also never DAT for SPS:

Commodore - Amiga (20081218) by No-Intro Team:xmas

Interesting rygar, thanks for the link ;)

For the moment though I decided not to use it and just stick with the ones from Belgarath as he's the official maintainer.

Methanoid 31 March 2009 19:15

Well the ones Rygar linked to are incorrectly named -ie NOT TOSEC naming convention... but still they are more current.

davideo 10 May 2009 01:55

I'd like to offer my thanks for all the hard work that has been put into this project by all of the people that have helped over the years. :bowdown

It's thanks to you that I've at long last started to sort through my ADF collection. I've currently got 31864 correctly named ADFs :great

Only another 5 or 6 cds to go and then I can start sorting through the ones that have not been found :)

Again, many thanks.

Dave G :cool

Kyon 11 June 2009 21:18

good job my friend :)

exoticaga 25 August 2009 03:29

I found this swf tutorial video at last i understand how to use the software. Ok it isn't for the amiga or tosecs, but it gives the geral idea. Maybe someone could do the same for this thread content and more.

Watching a tutorial is easier than reading. I did try instructions above but never made sense or got any further with it, until i saw this swf tutorial.

I should say its not DamienD fault it more of the design flaw of ClrMAMEPro. Its layout is of putting. Even after i understand more now, i still think ClrMAMEPro gui is 110% crap.

Roll on for a DamienD (or someone else's) screen tutorial guide for us all to watch and follow. Maybe can be made to extend for everything more than just what this thread intended to do. Saved in xvid would be more help than swf or flv which are both shite.

andreas 11 September 2009 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loedown (Post 516337)
Greetings,
Indeed Damien has done a great job of combining the files, I still don't like Clrmamepro

Without a 100% GUI rework I won't either. (Ever.)

Quote:

so I will still develop my own software.
RomCenter can also read the DAT format that DamienD has used.
(Hoping that not the great part of the board staff consists of CMP lobbyists, so I might take the risk of getting banned now for saying the 'JEHOVA' word :laughing :lol)

r.cade 18 September 2009 04:16

I am very sorry if this question is answered elsewhere, but I could not find it. How do I merge all of these corrections into my own collection? Is there a DAT file to rebuild them with the repaired names, etc?

TCD 18 September 2009 08:08

Hi r.cade,

you can find the DAT files on the EAB file server (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633) in the folder 'User/DamienD/DATS'.

r.cade 18 September 2009 23:55

Thanks, but I must be missing something. Those DATs seem to be the regular 2007 TOSEC release- for the most part, ADF games anyway).

I was asking if there were DATs for the renamed/fixed naming you have been working on in this thread? Did I just miss that DAT when looking?

TCD 19 September 2009 00:02

Not sure which ones you are talking about then. If you mean the corrections from this thread : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43630 , these aren't in any DAT yet (unless mai made one).

PandMonium 19 September 2009 15:01

hi guys,
there are no dats yet and some changes weren't applied yet but there will be one day so we just have to wait a bit more until all is done.
Sorry for the delay :P

TCD 19 September 2009 15:06

Ah, two more weeks... :D

PandMonium 19 September 2009 15:31

lol you know its always tomorrow :P
but really, the best thing to do is just let it go and it will be ready someday eventually :D