steenl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSzili View Post
No repro, no fix

https://github.com/salass00/smb2fs/issues/17
Old 21 June 2023, 18:38   #342
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Okay, so the first step is "buy a Synology NAS" It looks like there's no one size fits all solution: it either works with Windows shares or your NAS. I'm throwing in the towel at this point, long live the password.
Old 21 June 2023, 21:06   #343
steenl

Hmm I could try to do a local build without this change https://github.com/salass00/smb2fs/c...e1ea4639561643

but if this is required to connect to a Windows share then reverting it would be wrong
Old 22 June 2023, 21:41   #344
steenl

Actually latest master works fine.

Last edited by steenl; 23 June 2023 at 12:58.
Old 23 June 2023, 19:31   #345
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
No repro, no fix

This a by design, you can't unmount volumes that are still in use.

With the new version of filesysbox.library V54.4 (https://github.com/salass00/filesysbox/releases), you can now unmount, and also remount the same share on VMWare, also found a way to remount "the same volume"

This feature discovered by accident, to unmount and mount, you need to use 2 commands, and only in that sequence, otherwise it will not work.

Basically you have to dismount SMB2 first with Assign dismount and then with UnMount, done that it is possinile to reassemble SMB2.

UnMount I had compiled it on AROS One x86 some time ago !

On AROS One it will create a script that will do automatic dismount but also automatic Dismount and Mount (useful after the 15 minute shutdown with shared Windows)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 12 July 2023 at 08:28.
Old 25 June 2023, 18:36   #346
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Quote:
Originally Posted by steenl View Post
Actually latest master works fine.
That's good to hear, thanks for testing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
With the new version of filesysbox.library V54.4 (https://github.com/salass00/filesysbox/releases), you can now unmount, and also remount the same share on VMWare, also found a way to remount "the same volume"

This feature discovered by accident, to unmount and mount, you need to use 2 commands, and only in that sequence, otherwise it will not work.

Basically you have to dismount SMB2 first with Assign dismount and then with UnMount, done that it is possinile to reassemble SMB2.

UnMount I had compiled it on AROS One x86 some time ago !

On AROS One it will create a script that will do automatic dismount but also automatic Dismount and Mount (useful after the 15 minute shutdown with shared Windows)
A new version of filesysbox is now out on GitHub as well as Aminet. It fixes a lot of memory leaks and improves memory management as a whole. As mentioned above it now also comes with an OS4 style lock handler, which can take over outstanding locks from volumes so they can be unmounted even if some program has locks on them.
Old 25 June 2023, 20:29   #347
AMIGASYSTEM

My test shown in the screenshot was done with the latest version 54.4, but as mentioned on vmware the "Assign Dismount" command alone is not enough to unmount a share.
Old 26 June 2023, 06:51   #348
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I don't know how "Assign Dismount" on AROS works, but on OS3.x it doesn't unmount anything. In fact it only prevents you from properly unmounting the device later by removing it from the appropriate DosList.
Old 26 June 2023, 23:56   #349
CCRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairdinkem View Post
@CCRider

On the Mac under file sharing click on options to make sure sharing files over SMB is checked and a account is also checked.

On the Amiga in SYS:Storage/DOSDrivers I made a duplicate of a DOSDriver and edited it with a text editor to add in the mount list info given on the first page of this thread by the author. I also make sure the properties of the DOSDrivers Icon are using the default to C:Mount and in tool types the command Activate=1 is entered in and that the priority is set to 5 and ensure enough stacksize is available.

For the following command in the DOSDriver if you are using roadshow which I am I find I have to identify the "mypc" portion by the macs IP address given in the file sharing section of settings on you mac followed by the forward slash and the name of your shared folder.

Startup = "smb://myuser: password123@mypc/myshare"

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.
Well, here I am again.

After a fresh 3.2.2.1 install and everything else, I still can't get SMB2FS to work.

Did everything you said on the Mac side, as well as the Amiga one.

When I double-click the DOSDriver, nothing appears on Workbench. Trying to access the volume on AmigaShell, it hangs for a while and then returns smb_connect_share failed: Operation timed out (60).
Old 27 June 2023, 23:36   #350
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
I don't know how "Assign Dismount" on AROS works, but on OS3.x it doesn't unmount anything.

"Assign Dismount" on OS3, yes it does unmount, and it also does it well, and there is no need to use Unmount.

On OS3 to unmount the share, you have to run "Assign Dismount" 2 times, once to unmount the DosDRIVERS and once to unmount the "Volume", see attached video.

https://eab.abime.net/zone/SMB2-Mount-Dismount.zip
Old 28 June 2023, 06:23   #351
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Nope, it doesn't unmount anything. If you check the process list you'll see the handler still running, without any way to get rid of it.
Old 28 June 2023, 08:09   #352
AMIGASYSTEM

In any case once unmounted, SMB2 disappears among the volumes on Dopus4, also you solve the problem of Windows disconnecting the connection after 15 minutes.

With the Dismount/Mount you can now reactivate the same DOS Drivers.

The "passive" process remains active, but can be eliminated with "Scout".

When and Mounted SMB2, with "Scout" you could not delete the process, system lock.
Old 28 June 2023, 09:00   #353
BSzili
old chunk of coal

It looks like there's a communication issue here, so I'll stop. If you are in doubt, feel free to ask AmigaOS devs about Assign Dismount.
Old 28 June 2023, 12:10   #354
AMIGASYSTEM

Misunderstanding aside, for me what was important is to reuse a share "disconnected from Windows after 15 Minutes"

After the 15 Minutes the share was unusable, and you had to mount another DOSDriver with other name example SMB3, SMB4 etc..

Now inceve using the 2 commands mentioned above, the "expired" share after the 15 Minutes can be Mounted again without any problem, see attached video:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 June 2023, 13:03   #355
Channel-Z

"you have to run "Assign Dismount" 2 times", Only discovered this the other day. This is what I do to completely dismount my drives, network and USB. I put a CLI double entry in ToolsDaemon and it works great on AOS 3.2.2.1.
Old 28 June 2023, 14:40   #356
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopDOS View Post
"you have to run "Assign Dismount" 2 times", Only discovered this the other day. This is what I do to completely dismount my drives, network and USB. I put a CLI double entry in ToolsDaemon and it works great on AOS 3.2.2.1.
Yes on OS3.2 as on OS39 you need 2 Comand "Assign Dismount" to unmount and make the icon disappear from the Workbench.

Assign Dismount SMB2:
Assign Dismount Share-PC:

Share-PC: (Example Share volume name)

If you add 3 commands in the script, you get a MountRestart (handy for Windows connections that turn off after 15 Minutes)

Assign Dismount SMB2:
Assign Dismount Share-PC
Mount SMB2:
Old 29 June 2023, 02:39   #357
Steady

Just a quick note. Although the OS supports dismounting dos devices, the actual implementation of the dismount needs to be supported by the driver and not all do.

Not sure if SMB2 does but if it does, that's great. Just a general FYI for anyone trying a dismount of dos devices.
Old 29 June 2023, 07:24   #358
BSzili
old chunk of coal

Not sure what OS3.2 Dismount does internally. FileSysBox currently supports the ACTION_DIE DOS packet.
Old 30 June 2023, 01:44   #359
Steady

@BSzili

What you have been saying is right. ASSIGN DISMOUNT removes the dos driver from the DosList but does not request the handler to quit.

MOUNT SHUTDOWN is intended for that purpose as that is the command that will send ACTION_DIE, though you still want to dismount first.

The caveat from my original post still applies. Not all handlers can successfully shut down.
Old 04 July 2023, 21:42   #360
thxtex

When navigating in and out of folders several times it looks like this. Is this caused by Samba or is it AmigaOS.

upload img