English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 October 2021, 16:47   #1
crazyc
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gravesend - UK
Posts: 837
myunitcontrol

I have a B1260 with SCSI Kit which is then passed through to a CF card. I have always booted off this and all works well under 3.9.

I have now migrated to AOS 3.2 and have almost got everything sorted, but am struggling with myunitcontrol, which previously I ran in the startup sequence to set the transfer rate as I couldn't make it stick any other way.

But, this no longer seems effective under 3.2 in the startup sequence. I boot up and am getting just under 4mb/s read speed, then I run the same command in shell and it doubles it to what I was getting previously.

I have tried moving the command within the startup sequence, tried using WBrun and WBload but seem to be getting nowhere. It doesn't break the startup sequence or anything - is just not effective.

The command that worked previously (and still does via shell) was :
c:myunitcontrol unit 3 device 1230scsi.device period 10

I still have a few more ideas to try but would appreciate any suggestions - what little time I have currently I am devoting to my TF1260 setup on my other a1200
crazyc is offline  
Old 25 October 2021, 17:47   #2
daxb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,053
Step your S-S to see what happens when executed. If i remember right you can set failat level higher before myunitcontrol and then back to normal value to solve it.
daxb is offline  
Old 25 October 2021, 19:41   #3
AMike
Registered User

AMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Vienna/Austria
Posts: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
The command that worked previously (and still does via shell) was :
c:myunitcontrol unit 3 device 1230scsi.device period 10
Try this command syntax:
c:myunitcontrol U=3 D=1230scsi.device P=10
AMike is offline  
Old 29 November 2021, 21:22   #4
crazyc
Registered User

 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gravesend - UK
Posts: 837
It didn't make any difference. I think I have installed overwritten something that causes me issues running such commands from the startup.
Anyway, I just ripped one of the files that I use to set the tf1260 clockspeed on my other machine and inserted the command instead, and dropped it in wbstartup and hey presto, I am rocking 7.9mb/s.
crazyc is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06053 seconds with 11 queries