English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 22 November 2007, 21:55   #1
MethodGit

Why is the Refresh Frames option always inaccessible?

For me, anyway.

While I can adjust FPS without a problem, the Refresh function remains greyed out all the time, whether before the start of emulation or during it. No amount of option-changing in the other tabs will enable access for me.

I wish to try the Refresh option as I find that adjusting the FPS results in WinUAE (1.4.4 here) attempting to draw every frame still, but at a much slower pace.... rather than just skipping frames along the way to keep everything at the same speed. It's all for my movie recording purposes really, and I noticed an FPS slider in the Output window, but that appears to do bugger-all - when I go back to the GUI afterwards it immediately returns to 50 or 60, and the video recording outputs in that frame count still. So I'm assuming that the Refresh Frames option is what I need to look at.

(In case you're interested, I discovered that due to some limitations in the program I'll be using to convert movies to a PSP-compatible format, I'll need to reduce the amount of frames to 29.97 or thereabouts.)
Old 23 November 2007, 10:29   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Cycle-exact most likely.

Anyway, you are still doing it wrong, just capture it with "wrong" settings and edit it later. WinUAE is not video post-processing software.
Old 23 November 2007, 15:54   #3
MethodGit

And switching Cycle-Exact off was indeed the answer. I never seem to remember those sort of options!

But yeah, I have had to pretty much resort to VirtualDub somewhat, as it's very difficult to record something at the exact resolution and fps from the start (HyperCam for instance is the only screen recorder I know of which allows 29.97 exactly rather than 29/30, but it can only record audio in mono format for some bizarre reason). I guess by recording at 30fps and changing it to 29.97 in VDub afterwards it won't affect the whole video too much (dropping too many frames in that program results in the audio and video going out of sync).
Old 23 November 2007, 16:10   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

err it'll go out of sync!

The start will be in sync, then end wont.. try it!
Old 23 November 2007, 16:30   #5
frikilokooo

Camtasia Studio is very good program to record videogames while you play,easy to use.The only problem is that it's not free.
Old 23 November 2007, 16:35   #6
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
err it'll go out of sync!

The start will be in sync, then end wont.. try it!
What, even after a 0.03 difference?