English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 December 2020, 09:15   #461
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

@DanyPPC Your version will be Gold+ regardless of being either the Physical or Digital release (you should see GOLD+ on the bottom right of the title screen to denote the version of Wiz).

The P file patch replaces the P file on Disk2 in GameData <dir> you just overwrite the current P file with the new one. All it does is patch 1 frame of animation (actually 2 for left and right) in the Wiz walk cycle anim. Nothing special and only 1 or 2 people have mentioned it in reality. Like all things tho once seen, it can't be unseen LOL
Old 02 December 2020, 09:21   #462
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Regards the KTRL CD32+ I don't know what the problem is with that controller and how it can work with the CD32 controller but not this other version of it. I know the code as is works with regular joystick, official CD32 controller and also the Honeybee controller. I don't have any others here to test on but have given the 68K controller code to MickGyver this morning so he can play with it perhaps.

If somebody fixes the code somehow I will make use of it in CyberPunks 2.

Wiz is about to get the WHDLoad release any moment now so I'm not revisiting Wiz code again tho. It's done and dusted now and I have moved on to CyberPunks 2 development.
Old 02 December 2020, 09:45   #463
DanyPPC

Thanks Adrian for clarification !
Old 02 December 2020, 11:45   #464
Asman

Just for information:

Very first slave is done. The slave is short and patch only loader. Frankly It was done few days ago.

I have question(s). How many version of this game exists ? I am asking, because right now there is support for gold+ version only. In case there is more versions so I will need original image(s) to add support.

Regards
asman
Old 02 December 2020, 11:47   #465
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Attempting a patch fix now direct with MickGyver regards Wiz and the KTRL CD32+ controller.

Will update further accordingly later.
Old 02 December 2020, 11:54   #466
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asman View Post
I have question(s). How many version of this game exists ? I am asking, because right now there is support for gold+ version only. In case there is more versions so I will need original image(s) to add support.
Just the "amination fix" disk 2 also.
Old 02 December 2020, 12:00   #467
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

There in reality will only ever will be the Gold+ release version as it is now.

The P file patch is for the singular person that wanted the 'magic hand' sprite patched

The KTRL CD32+ issue is being looked into right now but only affects people with the KTRL CD32+ controller, so will they be issued a patched Wiz file later if that can be done OK.

I will not update the original versions of Wiz as these are customer bolt on requests in reality.

The game is fine as it is IMHO and thank you very much for producing the WHDLoad version which in reality is also a bolt on requested thing in itself I guess.

I've already moved on to the next great thing so will continue to ship Wiz as is. If some want the additional patches or whatever they will always be able to get them from me and apply them now and in future. They may not work with WHDLoad after being patched tho I guess but I have a draw a line somewhere else this will go on forever no doubt with people wanting this and that.

I'd say just release the WHDLoad version now and be done with it as I'm not taking any more feature requests other that what I have said above.

Thanks,

Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asman View Post
Just for information:

Very first slave is done. The slave is short and patch only loader. Frankly It was done few days ago.

Regards
asman

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 02 December 2020 at 12:22.
Old 02 December 2020, 14:51   #468
Asman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
[...]
I'd say just release the WHDLoad version now and be done with it as I'm not taking any more feature requests other that what I have said above.

Thanks,

Adrian
Thanks for your answer. I will release patch soon. Right now I am waiting for tests results on real machine (a1200 040), In meantime I will make an install. The tests should be ok, because I checked on WinUAE - but you never know . After tests I will send install package to whdload page.

Respect and good luck with next project(s).
asman
Old 02 December 2020, 16:59   #469
DanyPPC

It should be good to test WHDLoad install also on real machine.
I have Blizzard 030 and BlizzardPPC/060 where to test.
Old 02 December 2020, 17:39   #470
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

The KTRL CD32+ controller test with MickGyver today failed to produce the result wanted. As it stands Wiz does not support this particular controller ...but read on below

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 03 December 2020 at 09:15.
Old 03 December 2020, 08:05   #471
DanyPPC

Successfully tested Wiz with WHDLoad installer on my Blizzard 1230, no more slowdowns. Game runs as basic A1200

To solve compatibility problem with KTRL CD32+ gamepad you have to select 2 Button Mode on pad by hold SELECT + START and Down direction.
Then the pad acts as standard joystick but you have Up direction on Green button, magic on Red, and Down direction mapped to Yellow button which select magics.
Old 03 December 2020, 09:14   #472
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
Successfully tested Wiz with WHDLoad installer on my Blizzard 1230, no more slowdowns. Game runs as basic A1200

To solve compatibility problem with KTRL CD32+ gamepad you have to select 2 Button Mode on pad by hold SELECT + START and Down direction.
Then the pad acts as standard joystick but you have Up direction on Green button, magic on Red, and Down direction mapped to Yellow button which select magics.
Good news on all that and yay for WHDLoad making things right too for the masses of Franken'Amiga's out there - all good stuff

http://whdload.de/games/Wiz.html

THE END

*annnnd breathe*

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 03 December 2020 at 10:00.
Old 03 December 2020, 10:32   #473
torturedutopian

Yeah, thank you !!
I'll probably stick to the floppy version for the moment because I'm addicted to floppy drive sounds but that's great and very useful !
Old 03 December 2020, 11:16   #474
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I am looking forward to install it from my original floppies.
Old 03 December 2020, 21:52   #475
Lizart

Great! The WHDload Version works perfect on my "Franken"CD32
Old 03 December 2020, 22:08   #476
manossg

WHDLoad works great in my FS-UAE setup! Thanks!
Old 03 December 2020, 23:06   #477
apex

Works great on A1200/060@60 3.1.4.

Now the installer and slave for Tommy Gun and Castle Kingsdoms must be fixed to support the new release.
Old 03 December 2020, 23:17   #478
utri007
mä vaan

Just paid it with little extra. I bought it now because a hd installer.
Old 04 December 2020, 09:12   #479
thairacerjp

just for info I have tried and it doesn't work for me, all install is fine (I done with adf files and CD version) but in the folder the icon for launch Wizz is style inactive, no reaction when I double click and cannot move it. thankfully I have the CD32 version .one question, there is a 3.5 icon version but I on 3.1 classic workbench, if I didn't choose any icon option I have this error :
Old 04 December 2020, 09:13   #480
Adrian Cummings
Mutation/AmigaDweeb

^I personally can't answer that post myself but perhaps report that here http://whdload.de/cgi-bin/wbug.cgi?name=Wiz

Awesome thanks guys. Respect to those that WHDLoad'ified Wiz as I just wrote the game.

Last edited by Adrian Cummings; 04 December 2020 at 09:20.