English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 May 2020, 14:12   #1
@Arcade_Adriano

The Best 25 Commodore Amiga Games Ever!

The Best 25 Commodore Amiga Games Ever! Part 1 of 3

What are the best Amiga games ever made!? we sat down & compiled
Arcade Attack's Top 25 Amiga Games of all time & made a video.

A video that is professionally made!? Yup, I am as shocked as you! This is part 1 of 3.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the video and our choices.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 May 2020, 15:41   #2
LongLifeA1200

I thought you were going to talk about each one.
Old 09 May 2020, 15:52   #3
Mikerochip

You're never going to get everyone to agree to any top anything list, but, in my opinion, since you had no actual list, I had to skip though the video to see what games you picked, rather than showing, you know, an actual list.

I don't think Batman should be on any list of this type, really. There's at least 25 other platform games, never mind other generes, that are far far better than it.
Gods, Magic Pockets, Robocod, Prince of Perisa, Fire and Ice to name a few.

Same with Moon stone (in my opinion). I played it when it came out. It relied on its infamy rather than gameplay. (I'm sure some people love it, it's just not a great game in my opinion).

They're very nostalgic and iconic, especially for people who, in the case of Batman, bought the Batman A500 pack, but objectively, as games, they're average at best.

But there are even more iconic games though, if you're going down that road?
Sensible soccer. Dune. Civilization. Alien Breed. Another World. mega lo mania?
I do agree with Lotus though! Super game.

Same with supercars. But, is something like Skidmarks better? or Micro machines?

Certainly, I'd put north and south far below most of the above games. It's not a bad game. But there are better.

It sort of seems like a list from guys who didn't really play many amiga games?

My personal skew is I prefer platform games, some strategy, some sports, some racing, almost no puzzle, and anything 2 player.

And, the sound on the Amiga was amazing. You didn't include the soundtracks. Why?
It's odd too, that you overlaid a remix of a game you didn't include.
There's lots of games, even today, I just put on for the soundtrack.

~

And again, personal preference, but, a "Top 25" list with only 8 games, uh, isn't really a top 25. Especially when the other videos don't exist.
That sort of thing annoys me.
I know it eventually will be a top 25, but, it's not right now.
Obviously, that's just aminor pet peeve, and nothing to do with the video itself.

Reading this, it sounds a little harsh, but, I can't think of any other way to put it.
Old 09 May 2020, 16:21   #4
d4rk3lf

As Mikerochip pointed out, everybody have it's own best 25 list.

My list would definitely include games like: The Settlers, Frontier, Civilization, K240, Cannon Fodder, Monkey Island, Simon The Sorcerer, Mortal Kombat 2, Pang, Ruff 'n' Tumble, Pirates, Dungeon Master... etc.
However I am aware that there is a bunch of classics I haven't tried yet, and people consider them great games, like: Colonization, Sim City, North and South, Syndicate, Hired Guns, etc...

Once I try and play them, I am positive, that 25 will not be enough for a list of best games.
Old 09 May 2020, 17:43   #5
kaffie

I clicked the video for the justification etc. There wasn't any so I turned it off.
Old 10 May 2020, 03:45   #6
LongLifeA1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
I am positive, that 25 will not be enough for a list of best games.
Definitely. My list of favorite games on the Amiga is close to two hundred, and I think I'm quite picky.
Old 10 May 2020, 09:19   #7
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

I quite enjoyed the format you used, nicely presented. For the most part I agree with the list, every game featured deserves a mention. You're never going to please everybody with this kind of stuff but doesn't matter. More Amiga being shared is always cool.
Old 10 May 2020, 20:44   #8
@Arcade_Adriano

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I quite enjoyed the format you used, nicely presented. For the most part I agree with the list, every game featured deserves a mention. You're never going to please everybody with this kind of stuff but doesn't matter. More Amiga being shared is always cool.
Thank you sir. I agree with you 100%. Lists are so subjective. Thank you for the kind feedback.
Old 10 May 2020, 20:45   #9
@Arcade_Adriano

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLifeA1200 View Post
I thought you were going to talk about each one.
We did use our personal list of top 10 amiga games to create an amiga podcast episode, which will be released very soon. Hopefully the added discussion will be nice to hear.
Old 10 May 2020, 20:46   #10
@Arcade_Adriano

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
As Mikerochip pointed out, everybody have it's own best 25 list.

My list would definitely include games like: The Settlers, Frontier, Civilization, K240, Cannon Fodder, Monkey Island, Simon The Sorcerer, Mortal Kombat 2, Pang, Ruff 'n' Tumble, Pirates, Dungeon Master... etc.
However I am aware that there is a bunch of classics I haven't tried yet, and people consider them great games, like: Colonization, Sim City, North and South, Syndicate, Hired Guns, etc...

Once I try and play them, I am positive, that 25 will not be enough for a list of best games.
Creating a list of 25 best Amiga games is really hard and very subjective. Thank you for the feedback .Do appreciate it.
Old 17 May 2020, 21:21   #11
Secret Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Arcade_Adriano View Post
Creating a list of 25 best Amiga games is really hard and very subjective. Thank you for the feedback .Do appreciate it.
Yes it depends on your personal preference, I would choose alot of racing games but I see your other replies prefer platform and adventure type games!
Old 17 May 2020, 22:30   #12
trixster
Guru Meditating

If Superfrog appears on that list I’m going to start kicking over tables...
Old 21 May 2020, 17:59   #13
@Arcade_Adriano

Amiga Top 25 Games - Video - Part 2

Amiga Top 25 Games - Video - Part 2

Any of your fave Amiga games appear in our list!?

Our Top 25 Amiga games part 2 video has just be released!

We run through games listed 15 to 6 place! Please let me know what you think of our choices? Do you agree? Can you guess any of our top 5? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 May 2020, 17:34   #14
@Arcade_Adriano

The Top 25 Amiga Games Ever Made Podcast! Do you agree!?

Wanna listen to 3 blokes discuss their top 25 Amiga games of all time and then shout at us for forgetting your personal favourite?!

Well, roll up, roll up. Come this way for the Amiga podcast that’ll change your life forever:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/podcast-may-4-2020/
Old 15 June 2020, 12:30   #15
Fabbry
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Fabbry Send a message via AIM to Fabbry Send a message via Yahoo to Fabbry
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Arcade_Adriano View Post

Wanna listen to 3 blokes discuss their top 25 Amiga games of all time and then shout at us for forgetting your personal favourite?!

Well, roll up, roll up. Come this way for the Amiga podcast that’ll change your life forever:

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/podcast-may-4-2020/

In my heart there's

DEFENDER OF THE CROWN

Why?

Because was the reason why I sold my C64 for buy A500 !!!!!!

Fabrizio