English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 March 2006, 15:54   #1
dsinclair999

Super Frog in Winuae

hi,

Hope this is the correct bit for this.
Has anyone succedded in getting Super Frog to work with this emulator, and if so, what settings did you use?

I can't seem to get past the intro screen and credits.

Regards

DS

Old 03 March 2006, 16:36   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

supergfrog should work with basic a500 (ecs maybe) or a1200 settings from quickstart menu
Old 03 March 2006, 18:34   #3
dsinclair999

Hi,

Thanx for the reply, maybe I have a bad ADF dump.

Regards

DS

Old 03 March 2006, 19:16   #4
Anubis
Retro Gamer

What version of the game do you have?

Original comes on 3 disks, while cracked is on 4 disks, with disk 4 being intro.

It works perfectly on my computer on any settings.
Old 04 March 2006, 00:48   #5
dsinclair999

Hi Anubis,

The version I have is the 4 disc version!
To be honest I'm trying to get this working for a friend and I've never used an Amiga in my life, so that doesn't help!!

Regards

DS

Old 07 March 2006, 11:46   #6
Anubis
Retro Gamer

dsinclair999,
to make Superfrog (or any other amiga games to work) you need kickstart (1.3 or higher), winuae and game images.

Unzip emulator (winuae) and start it. Winuar should search for your roms. If it did not find them, you will have to manually point at them.

So from quick start select Amiga 500, then check if your kickstart file is properly selected. If not, select the one you have. Then select flpppy section and select disk1 into DF0:, disk 2 into DF1: etc. and click start.

It should work pass the intro.

If you still getting intro, then just instead of disk 1 into DF0: place disk 2 and restart.
Old 21 March 2006, 00:38   #7
flamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinclair999
I can't seem to get past the intro screen and credits.
I've got the same problem... To be honest, I got to know about the existance of emulators just 2 days ago and I have completely no idea what to do... I managed to configure WinUAE but... what is the kickstart? I downloaded version 1.3 for A500 but I really don`t know what I am to do with it. Will WinUAE detect it by itself? I`d be reeeeeealy grateful for any help.
Greets

Old 21 March 2006, 15:51   #8
ATWindsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
What version of the game do you have?

Original comes on 3 disks, while cracked is on 4 disks, with disk 4 being intro.

It works perfectly on my computer on any settings.
I had the original, and as far as i remeber, there was an intro-disc on that too, are you sure about that?
Old 21 March 2006, 19:15   #9
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Yes, I'm sure about original being on 3 disks.
(ocs/ecs version)

Most common problem new users have is that they did not select joystick. So after you press F12, go into Game & I/O Ports and select Port1 to what do you like. (If I don't use joystick, I then select to Keyboard Layout B (cursor keys + rCTRL or ALT as fire) and then try to hit right control (or what you set as fire).
Old 28 March 2006, 13:30   #10
ATWindsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Yes, I'm sure about original being on 3 disks.
(ocs/ecs version)

Most common problem new users have is that they did not select joystick. So after you press F12, go into Game & I/O Ports and select Port1 to what do you like. (If I don't use joystick, I then select to Keyboard Layout B (cursor keys + rCTRL or ALT as fire) and then try to hit right control (or what you set as fire).
Yeah, but the original also has the intro doesn't it?
Old 29 March 2006, 01:18   #11
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWindsor

Original is Longtrack MFM disks, which means in laymans terms, the original can fit more data per disk, hence 4 disks for cracked version as it has to go on AmigaDOS formatted disks.
Old 29 March 2006, 15:49   #12
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATWindsor
Yes, it does - Disk 3.
Old 18 April 2006, 23:15   #13
tariqazis

I also have this problem:superfrog wan't work. I have downloaded the cracked version (4 discs) twice (different versions) but it still won't work. I have kick rom 1.3 and 3.1 innstalled and I have tried everything, but all i get is a never endig loop. It never comes to "start game" ..

Old 19 April 2006, 17:43   #14
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariqazis
I also have this problem:superfrog wan't work. I have downloaded the cracked version (4 discs) twice (different versions) but it still won't work. I have kick rom 1.3 and 3.1 innstalled and I have tried everything, but all i get is a never endig loop. It never comes to "start game" ..
What options have you set for SuperFrog? (I mean all different things you can set in WinUAE)

Here is how to run it:

First make sure you have WinUAE 1.2. If not, go to WinUAE home page and download it.

Start WInUAE and select those options in different tabs:

CPU – make sure you select 68000 and match A500 speed.

Chipset – ESC Agnus (don’t change anything)

Main Rom – select your Kickstart 1.3

Ram – Chip 512KB and Slow 512KB

Click back to configuration and save it as A500.

Now click Start and you should see A500 kick start image (hand holding a disk with 1.3)

If you don’t see image, your rom is not working.

If you see image, now hit F12 and click floppy drives and select DF0 to your SuperFrog disk 1. (if you have one archive, then unzip it, if you have separate archives, make sure you have ADF inside there) When you done so, click OK and wait for game to start.

When first time running a game, don’t change any other settings, such as filters, floppy speed etc. Go from this, and then change what do you like when you get it first to work.

If you still have problems (you see hand, but nothing happens when you start the game), then PM me where did you download game from.

BTW, this is my longest post here so far.

Last edited by Anubis; 20 April 2006 at 17:16.
Old 06 May 2006, 19:47   #15
tariqazis

superfrog problems

Now i have tried all your settings but it still doesn't work. When i push the start button it starts with accessing disk, then after about 10 sec. the superfrog appear with the original superfrog music. It seems to be all right but "start game" and the "options" possibillities in the right corner is dissappeared. After a wile the features table appear then bonus table and so on .

I have downloaded this game from back2root (someting) and it seams to be "1993 Team 17 software.ltd"
Y'ii have to excuse me for my bad english ,but hope you will understand.

thanks!!

Old 06 May 2006, 23:22   #16
skidrow

This is excruciating!
Tell me where I can download superfrog and I'l have a go!
T